• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tennessee Meet (March) Tail of the Dragon

For you out-of-towners, I second the Maryville idea. Great option. Lots of stuff around.

Where do you guys want to stay? I like the Holiday Inn in Cherokee because it is an easy drive to get there, there are things to do and places to eat. The Microtel in Robbinsville is very close to all the good roads but there is NOTHING to do or eat.

You can make me a definite.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn (or something like that) across from the Harrah's before and was planning on staying there Friday night. I'll have at least a few Non-NSX tag-alongs as well.

You can make me a definite.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn (or something like that) across from the Harrah's before and was planning on staying there Friday night. I'll have at least a few Non-NSX tag-alongs as well.

I'm going to post a thread over on that other forum once we shore up the plans a little. Do you still have both rides or are you strictly an X now?

Hey everyone,
I notice that a few of you are bringing non-NSX friends with you. Like TitaniumVtec said they are welcome to come, in fact we will be glad to have them. But please have them respect that this is our (NSX) event by not posting the meet for their respective car clubs. The last thing we need is 200 cars showing up.

Thanks
Mike

Last edited:
Hey everyone,
I notice that a few of you are bringing non-NSX friends with you. Like TitaniumVtec said they are welcome to come, in fact we will be glad to have them. But please have them respect that this is our (NSX) event by not posting the meet for their respective car clubs. The last thing we need is 200 cars showing up.

Thanks
Mike

Actually, it was pretty cool the time we had 75 or so cars. The maniacs went one way, the cruisers went another but we all piled up every couple of hours somewhere just to shoot the bull.

Hey everyone,

Thanks
Mike

Nothing's been posted. I don't even think we have a Datsun club around here. :tongue: Too many of them have turned to rust buckets.

It's not a deal breaker, but it's always nice when we aren't outnumbered too badly.

Maybe out numbered, but the way I drive, we will never be outgunned.

3gears.gif

Where is sjones (Shannon) and Barry these days? It would be nice to see them there.

I emailed sjones but haven't heard back. TitaniumVtec said something about him selling his NSX? Anyone know anything about this?

Maybe you guys can get them to respond?! :smile:

P.S...Mirrored Shades...you know that I can out run you Ben !!!

Where is sjones (Shannon) and Barry these days? It would be nice to see them there.

I emailed sjones but haven't heard back. TitaniumVtec said something about him selling his NSX? Anyone know anything about this?

Maybe you guys can get them to respond?! :smile:

P.S...Mirrored Shades...you know that I can out run you Ben !!!

I sent him a PM yesterday but no answer yet. I have his phone # so if we don't hear from him soon I'll give a call.

I'm going to post a thread over on that other forum once we shore up the plans a little. Do you still have both rides or are you strictly an X now?
I think you have me confused with one of my other buddies that you have driven with previously. Both of them were Vette owners: 1 of them has an Lotus Elise now and the other still has a Vette. This will be my 1st drive with the NSX's. :smile:

Hey everyone,

Thanks
Mike

No Problem, and I'll mention it but I don't think it will be an issue! I just invited a few guys I normally do local drives with.

I think you have me confused with one of my other buddies that you have driven with previously. Both of them were Vette owners: 1 of them has an Lotus Elise now and the other still has a Vette. This will be my 1st drive with the NSX's. :smile:

Ha Ha. I ran into Matt over on the Elise forum. He's in. Small world eh?

:cool:

Ha Ha. I ran into Matt over on the Elise forum. He's in. Small world eh?

It's an extremely small world! We made our reservations for the weekend of the 21st however that was before we knew it was Easter weekend. Are there plans to bump it back a weekend?

Hey everyone... I wish i could make it on the 22nd but I have plans that weekend. I can make it on the 29th.

Last edited:
If enough people wanted to we could postpone it to the back up date of the 29th but if the weather doesn't cooperate we could be out of luck. The following week (april 5) is a scheduled event for another car club.

The 29th appears to be the date. If the weather does not hold up, we'll just plan it for another day.

Let's move it to the 29th. I tried one over Easter a couple years ago and only Titanium and Todddddddddebrajag showed up and 3 Vettes. Was still fun but more NSXs would have been funner.

The 29th it is then. See y'all there!

edit to add:

Whoa, March 29 is my 3 year anniversary since I bought my NSX. That's nicely appropriate.

I will be game for that, I would go down Friday and Sat, leave later sat night.:biggrin:

Back