• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The APR GTC-300 wing is really growing on me, think it's a keeper!

I had the NSX-R wing for pretty much the entire life of the car. Nothing wrong with it and I still have it but 2 gripes I always had about it was:

a) Every NSX owner seems to have one

b) Blocks my rearward vision

So after seeing a few of the APR GTC wings in person, it grew on me so much I decided to give it a try. Uses the stock holes so easy bolt on and easily reversible. After 3 months with the APR I think I'm ready to sell the NSX-R wing. This is really the perfect wing for the car. I love it and the overall look. Even at a recent meet, people who thought the wing was overly aggressive told me in person it looks amazing with the Difflow rear diffuser :)

NSX-R:

APR-GTC-300:

So which one do you think looks better? :)

Last edited:
R wing... Other only GT wing I like are the voltex wings... They have more style I think

NSXR wings flows so much better on your car IMO. The rest of the car is not aggressive enough for that wing.

But I am glad to hear you are doing what you like better.

Sorry, but the Picnic table looks terrible without the bench seat.

In all seriousness, your car is one of my favorites and the NSX-R wing goes perfectly.

Both look great Rick!! I may be a little biased... but I think with a few more aggressive mods (front lip, different wheels) it'll be spot on.

I do enjoy mine as well!!

The r wing looks better on your car because your exterior is pretty conservative and classy with bbs wheels and white paint. The big wing looks better on the green car because the green car looks more aggressive and the big wing suits it better, IMO.

your car has such a clean simple look.

I think the stock wing would look better than either of those.

If you like it thats all that matters.My opinion like the others is that on your car the baw says you are trying too hard,and most likely would make more young ricers go crazy spiking thier testosterone levels.

thank you guys for all your input!

I know most people think the NSX-R wing looks cleaner but I like the APR so will stick with it for now. Thinking about adding the new front lip but no NSX-R hood or wheels at this time. I really like the BBS LM-R's but they don't make a fitment for the NSX in sizes I want.

nsxot1c: Your ride is what inspired me to give the big wing a try, thank you :)

On a drive to the city, so far no ricers have tried to race me "yet" but I think it's because of the way I drive, slow and steady or maybe it's cuz I look old? :( Anyways I have all 3 wings so can swap it at any time so no rush.

no disrespect to anyone. this just my opinion!

I think those wings are so so so ughhhhly. what makes them awesome is the hint at all the extra downforce it makes (functionally). i really want one but it's because of wanting to drive fast and stable. without the supporting mods like a massive front splittler, ducted hood, underbody covering... it looks totally poser. All someone has to do is peek at your suspension and glance at your tires and they'll know what's up.

sorry for being so harsh. again, it's just my opinion and I just wanted to share what some of us are probably thinking which you shouldn't put too much weight on anyway. it's your car afterall! do what you want with it :)

There are two trains of though here and it's usually revolves around form vs. function. You'll have diehard supporters for each camp. If you're doing it for some type of artistic expression then I get that too and can respect it. It doesn't mean guys like me will I think it's badass though. But i'll still roll with ya! lol

Now.. if this wing was combined with other supporting mods where you actually *needed* this wing.. and you drive it like you stole it then mad respect :D

Any of these cars gains my respect.
Honda-NSX-GT1-race-car-Collection-Hall.JPG

Last edited:
I think s4play has one of the cleanest white nsx's around like stormrider and frankspano. There's always that argument of form vs fuction but to say poser I think is over doing it. If we all had the same mods that'd be boring. Hell we all basically do have the same mods...

Just a different viewpoint is all. S4's car is 10x cleaner than mine will ever be on a good day.

This is an opinion thread so I let it out there. We don't do enough of that on here haha. I'd love to run a big wing and a big splitter but it would annoy the crap out of me driving it in town. It's old man syndrome :(

I think s4play has one of the cleanest white nsx's around like stormrider and frankspano. There's always that argument of form vs fuction but to say poser I think is over doing it. If we all had the same mods that'd be boring. Hell we all basically do have the same mods...

thanks, my buddies think I'm a ricer in some ways since my s2000 also has a big wing even though it's OEM (CR wing) but they do love to joke about it!

Just a different viewpoint is all. S4's car is 10x cleaner than mine will ever be on a good day.

This is an opinion thread so I let it out there. We don't do enough of that on here haha. I'd love to run a big wing and a big splitter but it would annoy the crap out of me driving it in town. It's old man syndrome :(

No worries, everyone here I treat as a 2nd family and I love all comments good or bad. I'm no spring chicken either sadly and I appreciate all cars whether fast or show only.

nsx2.jpgnsx.jpgOK the wing is cool looking. i see two problems.
1. i think in California it is illegal. i was looking into something similar and i was told it could be a problem.
2. at high speeds the NSX front end gets floaty. it needs more downforce in the front. downforce in the rear is counter productive unless you also have extra in the nose. pushing down on the rear without extra downforce in the nose makes the nose more floaty.
BTW i claim no expertise in this area. i wanted a big wing on the back of my 1992, and stopped wanting it when i investigated. YMMV.

Last edited:
I've got mixed feelings about them. To me, they look good when viewed from the front, but not so much when viewed from the back. Is there a photo of the big wing on the white car viewed from the front?

Rick first of all using your review mirror is over rated, you need to keep your eyes looking forward and on the road. Secondly, I agree with everyone who voted for the type r wing, your NSX is too conservative for the APR wing.

I think Chris's NSX gets away with the APR wing because of the color of his paint and the contrasting white wheels. With the three mods, the wing is not the focal point of the NSX. Where with your current set-up all anyone sees is the APR wing as of it's the only mod on your NSX. Now if you go with a purple paint scheme with bright as Yellow wheels, then you might have something. :eek::biggrin:

The last sentence above is my Senior Citizen Egotistical HUMOR rearing its very ugly head... sometimes interpreted as SARCASM :wink:

Mike

I use to hate them myself... but after going aggressive they've really grown on me.

Ignore the widebody, but love it on the SOS car.

Also on Bio's old car...

I wonder how your car would look with lime green end plates (on the wing) or even white (to match your wheels).
Both look great Rick!! I may be a little biased... but I think with a few more aggressive mods (front lip, different wheels) it'll be spot on.

I do enjoy mine as well!!

- - - Updated - - -

Rick first of all using your review mirror is over rated, you need to keep your eyes looking forward and on the road. Secondly, I agree with everyone who voted for the type r wing, your NSX is too conservative for the APR wing.

I think Chris's NSX gets away with the APR wing because of the color of his paint and the contrasting white wheels. With the three mods, the wing is not the focal point of the NSX. Where with your current set-up all anyone sees is the APR wing as of it's the only mod on your NSX. Now if you go with a purple paint scheme with bright as Yellow wheels, then you might have something. :eek::biggrin:

The last sentence above is my Senior Citizen Egotistical HUMOR rearing its very ugly head... sometimes interpreted as SARCASM :wink:

Mike
Agree Mike. It's the wheels too. The LMs doesn't quite work as well.

On S4's car, this looks better...
IMG_1026.jpg

than this...

it just looks "off" to me for some reason. maybe that's why I can't stand it (if it was on my car)..well asides from totally blocking any view of a cop pacing me lol
IMG_3237_zpsb65b3d26.jpg

IMO, your car looks much better with R wing.
Even though I have GTC-300 wing on my car and I'm just not a big fan of big-ass wing on street cars.
However I'm a big sucker for 'function' hence the wing on my track toy. I'm still looking for a proper front splitter for balanced downforce but I can't seem to find a good example.

Here is a few pics of my car with GTC-300

wrap2_zps289ba6ab.jpg

wrap1_zps8902d572.jpg

wrap4_zps13f85779.jpg

Back