• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The DREAM..............deferred!!!

Im SO bummed!!!!
After many months of debating whether or not to get an NSX, my wife and I decided to start looking in late December. (It was ME that was comtemplating getting it for so long, my wife was fine with it):eek: Well last night we came to the conclusion that there is a serious possibility of moving to Australia in less than a year (thats where shes from) and, thus, getting an NSX was not the most practical thing to do. Well now im very bummed!! Not only because I wont be getting one now (by the way, Leftlane I was SERIOUSLY looking at yours!!!!!), but that in OZ they dont have alot of NSX's and the ones they do have cost an arm and a leg!!!! Soooooo the dream is deferred, the vision blurred, and I will have to wait another day before the dream is realized!! :(

Id love to import one from Japan, but thats another headache!

Just had to vent!

NowSeeX's said:
Well last night we came to the conclusion that there is a serious possibility of moving to Australia in less than a year

Being that it's still a possibility, and you have a year's time frame. I would say venture out and get one, you will NOT regret it.

Find a good clean one, where you wont' have to invest alot in maintenance/repair. When you do move and have to sell, you will not lose too much.

ajnsx said:
Importing one from Japan to oz, isnt that much of a pain the arse!
What you dont want an imported type-r?:D

AJ,
I thought the only way to import was 1) Low volume scheme, 2) living abroad and having the car for at least a year 3) car more than 15 years old. Then comes the duty! Could do an importer but those cost $$$ dont they? Have you imported one before?? Do TELL!!!

NowSeeX's said:
AJ,
I thought the only way to import was 1) Low volume scheme, 2) living abroad and having the car for at least a year 3) car more than 15 years old. Then comes the duty! Could do an importer but those cost $$$ dont they? Have you imported one before?? Do TELL!!!

Yes, I'd be interested too. ;)

The NSX doesn't meet the low volume scheme requirements (model already exists here). And I'd rather a 97-> model, not a '90 model, which I can't get until next year anyway.

Cam

The cars are almost in the 15 year old rule range so thats one option and the best. Even with tax it still works cheaper than buying one in oz. I'll let you know more once i purchase mine at the end of this year :).

Any year nsx is better than none at all. A guy in adelaide has a yellow type-r he brought over albeit damaged. His total cost was under 50,000 (aus$)back on the road.

I'm doing the living abroad option, the tax i've been told is the same as the amount i've paid for the car basically, there are a few nsx's advertised here on Japanese only sites ranging from
1,000,000 yen to 2,000,000yen.

The only major problem are parts. The02+ headlight assemblies cost at least double the price of here in japan.

I was quoted around $1,800 each in Oz before i left, here in Japan i pay $968.00!

ajnsx said:

I'm doing the living abroad option, the tax i've been told is the same as the amount i've paid for the car basically, there are a few nsx's advertised here on Japanese only sites ranging from
1,000,000 yen to 2,000,000yen.

The only major problem are parts. The02+ headlight assemblies cost at least double the price of here in japan.

I was quoted around $1,800 each in Oz before i left, here in Japan i pay $968.00!

You gotta be joking!!...2 mil yen is about 19,000 US!!!!! What year is that range your talking about??? how much do 95-00's cost??

I know that parts are going to be thru the roof...and thats if you can find someone with enough experience near you that can!!

You gotta be joking!!...2 mil yen is about 19,000 US!!!!! What year is that range your talking about???

I'm getting mine for around a mil, which is why i can afford to mod the hell out of it. But i know a car dealer. Im talking about 91-94 as im not interested in the later models. Although at one car lot, there was a 91 for 4 million yen, but its immaculate with 13,000 kilometres if i remember correctly and its been sitting there for loooonnng time.

Told you Japan is a nice place to be :D Thats why so many nsx's are popping up at car shows and are being modified more.

Shaken (two yearly registration) starts at 150,000 yen minimum if there is nothing wrong though.

ajnsx said:
thats what im doing, stay for three, then mod the car of your dreams:D

AJ....that means you can bring back 3 cars!!!!! At least thats how I read the importing scheme...is that correct???

Go buy the car!

1. You may never move to Australia.

2. Eeven if you do you may get run over by a bus/(substitute any other known potential natural disaster) before you leave.

Within reason life is too short to forgo such a pleasure.

AJ....that means you can bring back 3 cars!!!!! At least thats how I read the importing scheme...is that correct

You are correct. There is a rumour ;) that some people get paid to give up their entitlement so that others can do it. Not to sure of the specifics, 'cos im honest :p

Do you speak good Japanese? How would it be with only minimal knowledge of their language

My Japanese sucks but since ive been here (year and a half, it has improved noticeably! So now i only kinda suck)

You can live here quite well without any knowledge of the language. It would be a wise move though to learn. I've have loved the country since i was 14/15 years (when i first got into martial arts) Living with Asian families since i was 18 and self study which continued on until uni certainly helps living here, especially with cultural differences.

I came here on the JET programme, which means visa, free rent for three years, big paycheck lots of holidays, medical insurance and an NSX :D

Back