• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The new NSX at the Detroit Show...

Honda seems to be alienating their fan base that they built up since the intro. of the original nsx. Doesn't seem very smart to me. They should build a car that appeals to both enthusiasts and the lawyer who know nothing of the old nsx and has money to spend on a car. Unfortunatly some people seem to like this concept. If you read the comments on sites like leftlanenews many people like this type of look, I don't know why though. I just registered. Never been in an nsx but always thought of it as one of the best. For people who like sharp, confusing imo, futuristic designs they will like the ASC. A lot of people perhaps don't understand the "form follows function" notion that is so true of the original nsx. Adding strange angles and lines is purposeless imo, something the F430 ferrari has as well imo. McLaren F1 and NSX, both beautiful cars and both form follows function.

I thought I would mention that some cars that should of been the competitors to a mid engined new nsx are the upcoming mercedes sls mclaren(midengine car), audi R8, and BMW Z10 and new Lotus Esprit. These cars should all be very interesting especially the mclaren mercedes.

What a disgrace!!! A sad sad day in the history of Honda! That would have to rate as one of the ugliest cars I’ve seen.. well look on the bright side. The real NSX will hold its value :D

:mad:

EVERYONE here should call their local Acura dealer or Acura of North America and let them know what you think of that POS!!!:mad: My 4 year old draws a better looking car then that long nosed overwieght Z4 :barf:
Give us the HSC not the POS!!!!

Very disappointed to say the least....

In the hopes that someone at Honda is reading this thread and taking an unofficial poll, I will weigh in w/ a big thumbs down. I hope this is just another concept and not an NSX replacement.

The spirit of the NSX is "Senna's F1 car for the road". This is just another fat, bloated boulevard cruiser (yes im sure its fast), and it will be a grave disappointment if it makes it to the showroom, but a real worthy NSX successor does not.

I know I can always count on you guys to whine like a group of third grade schoolgirls who just had their lunch money stolen. These photos are nothing more than a design study and have as much in common with the final version of the new NSX as the word "reliability" has in common with a Ferrari.

I know I can always count on you guys to whine like a group of third grade schoolgirls who just had their lunch money stolen. These photos are nothing more than a design study and have as much in common with the final version of the new NSX as the word "reliability" has in common with a Ferrari.

I think most of us are upset about the correlation with this fugly long nose and the beauty of the NSX..."design study"??? they obviously weren't studying the NSX when they designed this Z4 replacement...:tongue:

medium_350865651_4ba226d19b_o.jpg

I like it.

Flame suit on...

Philip

I like it.

Flame suit on...

Philip

are you serious???
or just kidd'n???
or just trying to be the ONLY one on here that is brave enough to honestly say "I like it"???:biggrin:

what do you like about it???

the 3 foot tall front bumper/bug catcher???
the looooong nose with disporpotionate short rear end???
the wierd looking cockpit with six inch windows???
what is it ???:confused:

just curious...and busting balls too:biggrin: :tongue:

I'd need to see it in person. Depending on the angle and perspective it gives a different visual impression.
My first impression was the nose looked like Jimmy Durante.
The rear and side view looks pretty good. The front looks good in some pics and goofy in the others.
I would have to see it in person. Initially I liked the looks of the HSC better.
Might look good in the garage next to the NSX.

I'm not so sure of the name but the name NSX grew on me too.
When I first saw the name NSX I thought, " no sex".
ASC= Asshole Car

http://www.fareastgizmos.com/other_...at_north_american_international_auto_show.php

Did you guys see this one?

I dunno about this guys ........ :confused: :confused: :confused:

I can say I'm upset with the new design. I hope this doesn't make it to full production.

Now people are just going to think you have some wild body kit on a corvette... I know I know..... It hurts to even say that but thats the first thing I thought of when I saw this pic:

:frown:

Proportion wise someone that went to the show commented on another forum that this car looks kind of odd. It looks more on the skinny and long side rather than wide. He also mentioned it appears to be nearly 2X the roof line height of the current NSX. Anyone else seen this car in person?

Proportion wise someone that went to the show commented on another forum that this car looks kind of odd. It looks more on the skinny and long side rather than wide. He also mentioned it appears to be nearly 2X the roof line height of the current NSX. Anyone else seen this car in person?

I'm going tomorrow and will give everyone a heads up.

IMO I don't like it at all. THe front end shape and lines resemble a dodge magnum truck. If you look at a lot of the other concepts by everyone at the show that seems to be the way cars are headed which I don't like. Give me a low-sleek figther jet looking car anyday over this new stuff.
Maybe Acura can reshape the front but the engine will still be in the wrong place.
I'll still go drive one but at least now I can keep my savings for my airplane and not be tempted to buy one of those. :wink:

are you serious???
or just kidd'n???
or just trying to be the ONLY one on here that is brave enough to honestly say "I like it"???:biggrin:

what do you like about it???

the 3 foot tall front bumper/bug catcher???
the looooong nose with disporpotionate short rear end???
the wierd looking cockpit with six inch windows???
what is it ???:confused:

just curious...and busting balls too:biggrin: :tongue:

Yeah dude- I'm serious.

This new car appeals to a different segment of the market- to people who like a different type of car. I have a passion for many cars, not just the NSX. The fact that this new Acura project isn't an evolution of the NSX isn't dissappointing to me. I still think the NSX stands out as a groundbreaking car. I still love what we have.

It doesn't surprise me that the NSX-purists here are turned off, but i think there is plenty to like.

I like the sidemarkers, and the bodyline that runs up into the shoulders of the rear fascia

I like the LED headights, and I REALLY like those driving lights in the front air intakes- they look like lit winglets.

I like the wideness, and the angular-ness of the body. I also think this is still rough, and will become more defined as the concept moves toward production.

I have been expecting this for some time. I have been posting that we were getting a front mount mid-engine car w/ SH-AWD- since Summer of 05' (I think I was the first to suggest the possibility...)

I have been thinking they were going to go after the Aston Vanquish, or the Ferrari 599

Looks like they are twisting together a little bit of both.

Much like the first concept of the LF-A- I think we will see some further evolution of the ASC.

All is not lost,

Philip

Its actually a good looking car. It should look very muscular and menacing when you see it on the road. However it is just a totally different direction for a successor of the NSX. FR vs RR

Let just say they didn't make another NSX. Honda made a bigger and badder V-10 S2000 GT

:( say goodbye to mid engine sport car and hello to a Grand Tourer.

The design cues are similar to what is seen in the new MDX.

Yep, I noticed the same thing too,it seems that the angular rear bumper theme (inverted A) is something that the Acura folks have decided on.

Take the center rear brake light that goes across the rear brake/turn lights and you have a rear end that is similar to the RDX/2nd gen MDX.

I can't understand how a sports car should have the same look theme as a SUV though.

Hate to say this but the Lexus LF-A looks way better.........I think I'll put my money on Toyota, they know cars better than anyone.

Attachments

• 05_lf-a.jpg
    05_lf-a.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 126
  • 07_lf-a.jpg
    07_lf-a.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 135
Though inevitable, that's a poor comparision. The ASC concept looks like rose next the LF-A pig. The emotional let down of a FR NSX successor could be clouding your judgement.

Prediction: The inevitable negative backlash to the ASC will cause Honda to reconsider what they are doing and the timeline for the nsx-successor will be pushed back 3-4 years. Same thing happened when the HSC was poo-pooed in 2003 - primarily for having a 300 hp engine.

Last time, Honda got the design and layout (MR) right, but got the engine wrong. This time, they got the engine right but the design/layout is wrong. So its going to take one more round of concepts to get it right.

TC....you are 100% right.

Hate to say this but the Lexus LF-A looks way better.........I think I'll put my money on Toyota, they know cars better than anyone.

I agree...... This car ^ looks so much better than this ASCBS ..... id buy it over the ASC any day...... unless they made the HSC in full production then we'll talk

So are you saying that you do not believe that the successor to the NSX will have the engine in the front, in spite of Hondas recent press release?

So are you saying that you do not believe that the successor to the NSX will have the engine in the front, in spite of Hondas recent press release?

You have to realize one thing. Hugh still wears his pink party dress around town! :eek: But, hopefully he's correct and this fugly car won't see daylight.

Back