• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2012 F1 Thread...

A solid run by both Ferrari cars. Not great but Alonso's lead is maintained. Another poor run by Weber, RB is hosing him.
Miner

You know I'm beginning to come around to this conspiracy theory! Even if his rear tyres were going off as badly as Horner claims, what chance did Webber have of coming back through Senna, Button and Alonso in so few laps!! Surely the safer option was to leave him out there and try and hold on. When he came in he had over 6 seconds to Alonso. No they had to bring him in, because they wanted to take a gamble on getting Vettel further up the point score, as Vettel had the window to pit and come back out in front of Alonso - BUT NOT IF WEBBER WAS STILL THERE!

Kimi back to Fezza?

I may actually start following the sport like before. :)

I want to hear McLaren's explanation of why Button was asked to come in with good tires still working well and then released into slower traffic.

Was Button asking for too much money? So it was Ron Dennis's business decision to purposely slow down his other top driver?

i want to hear mclaren's explanation of why button was asked to come in with good tires still working well and then released into slower traffic.

was button asking for too much money? So it was ron dennis's business decision to purposely slow down his other top driver?

This.

Lewis did a great job with that race but I have to say Kimi/Lotus did a fantastic job as well. I was really rooting for Kimi at the end to pass Lewis, but I could tell Kimi wasn't going to do it since it looked like Lewis was conserving his tires to make up for that 5 lap difference in pit stop strategy.

I also agree very strange decision for McLaren to have Jenson pit so early.

Last edited:
I watched the part of the race where Jenson was brought in for the first time. The commentators said the previous lap showed Jenson lose one whole second to Vettel who was chasing him. That might have prompted the race engineer to make the snap decision that the tires are gone. But in truth, it may have been simply driver error that caused the slow lap.

Seems like the McLaren duo is not as consistent as the Webber/Vettel pairing this year.

After week on holidays back to this tread,have to agree with Miner and said that 40 points still looking good but F cars doesn't look competitive in Hungaroring.Looks like Lewis is back on track as expected.
Sorry for Mark fan's but as I said before(sadly) there is no way to be in front of German.

Button chooses the new equipment instead of relying on old equipment and he does it! What a wonderful start to my labor day weekend. We can now rest assured that whenever Button doesn't win, it's the car. It's just the car.

mcla-butt-spaf-2012-11-886x590.jpg

Last edited:
Button chooses the new equipment instead of relying on old equipment and he does it! What a wonderful start to my labor day weekend. We can now rest assured that whenever Button doesn't win, it's the car. It's just the car.

mcla-butt-spaf-2012-11-886x590.jpg

Amazing quali indeed! Q2 he was almost 1 second faster than the rest of the grid! Great job by the Sauber boys with Kobi in 2nd, and I wish Checo could have qual'd just a bit higher, but 5th is still good nonetheless! I just hope Pastor doesn't take out Button, Kobayashi, or Checo!!

I LOL'd when I saw Vettel not go past Q2! :biggrin:

Was overjoyed that Button qual'd so well. Just overjoyed.

Don't frack the start Jenson!

Go JB........:smile: Spa is an amazing bit of asphalt.

Back