• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2012 F1 Thread...

After jump start from Pastor good race and bad luck for Alonso.Why Romain?
Congrats to Jenson win with out problems.
Interesting enter in box for Michael.
Still 24 points of lead.

Here is an excellent play-by-play write-up:

http://www.f1technical.net/news/17711

My favorite line:

Another two laps later Raikkonen makes another attempt and takes the inside line of Schumacher as they head into Eau Rouge. The Finn took the kerbs on the inside of the turn and made an impressively courageous move and stuck. The next lap clearly showed the performance difference as Raikkonen easily pulled away a few seconds.​

Kimi is the most exciting driver in this race.

Vettel is an incredibly good driver too!

Too bad Alonso wasn't able to race to the end, so Button's victory is not 100% on merit.

This explains how Button's McLaren is slightly faster this race: http://www.f1technical.net/development/category/Aerodynamics

I want to go see it for myself next year, if my finances and time allows, so I looked it up:

Lufthansa has flight LH 455 on an Airbus A380:

San Francisco International, CA (SFO) - Frankfurt/Main International (FRA), traveling time 10h45.

Follow that with a 301km drive to Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, 4970 Stavelot, Belgium, in a rented BMW 6 series from Sixt for € 298.98 per day. Ouch!

Last edited:
Here is an excellent play-by-play write-up:

http://www.f1technical.net/news/17711

My favorite line:

Another two laps later Raikkonen makes another attempt and takes the inside line of Schumacher as they head into Eau Rouge. The Finn took the kerbs on the inside of the turn and made an impressively courageous move and stuck. The next lap clearly showed the performance difference as Raikkonen easily pulled away a few seconds.​

Kimi is the most exciting driver in this race.

That was an incredible/unbelievable/big ball/calculated pass. Iceman indeed.
Podium finish....congrats Kimi.

That was an incredible/unbelievable/big ball/calculated pass. Iceman indeed.
Podium finish....congrats Kimi.
Schumacher was asked how he felt about Kimi coming back to F1 to race with him, and Schumacher said he absolutely loves it, because Kimi takes a completely different view to racing than anybody else, and he loves someone with those qualities to drive inF1.

Too bad we didn't see Koby have a serious race with Button this time.

Last edited:
Too bad Alonso wasn't able to race to the end, so Button's victory is not 100% on merit.

Disagree with this point but it was an awesome race nonetheless. Great win for Jenson and hopefully he can make the title hunt a little more interesting towards the end.

Grosjean has been fined and suspended 1 race. A pretty harsh penalty; although he has been somewhat overly aggessive at the start in several races. Or perhaps the wrath of Team Ferrari!
Miner
Ps Massa drove a solid race. Not great but solid. Scored points for the team.

There was no reason for grosjean to push hamo tword the grass and locking tires.....that was a goof move.

Racing incidence. He thought he had cleared the McLaren.

I must say his penalty is harsher than I thought it would be! Wouldn't have anything to do with a red car being incapacitated would it? :tongue:

On a different note, Alonso's brush with serious injury has ensured that a canopy/frame for the driver in F1 is a certainty by 2014.

Racing incidence. He thought he had cleared the McLaren.

I must say his penalty is harsher than I thought it would be! Wouldn't have anything to do with a red car being incapacitated would it? :tongue:

Yes I reckon racing accident as well, I can't see any driver intentionally taking anyone out when chances are almost guaranteed to take yourself out as well.

Penalty too harsh IMO considering Hamilton could see everything and could have yeilded to avoid contact if he wanted.

Still, the stewards had all the info and first hand accounts before they made their decision... Don't mess with the red cars! :tongue:

these guys know exactly where thier wheels are.....of course he was not looking to launch himself over hamo,but the fact that he did putting himself there on a start makes him more reckless than he should have been because of the result.

I haven't seen the in-car video of Grosjean yet, to see whether he had swerved his helmet to check his right side in case the mirrors are no help.

Vettel was revealed as a liar last time when he repeated say he didn't see Button coming when he was squeezing him, but the in-car video shows him checking to that side of his car twice just as he was squeezing Button.

BBC Forum mention an Italian journalist suggesting that Hamilton is at fault in this incident, and the three commentators thoroughly disagreed with that point of view.

They also have a wonderful video of Kimi's pass of MS.

the kimi pass was amazing but schumi helped by lifting ....in replay kimi was able to get back on the racing line because schumi gave him the room.

Yes I reckon racing accident as well, I can't see any driver intentionally taking anyone out when chances are almost guaranteed to take yourself out as well.

Penalty too harsh IMO considering Hamilton could see everything and could have yeilded to avoid contact if he wanted.

Still, the stewards had all the info and first hand accounts before they made their decision... Don't mess with the red cars! :tongue:

:confused: there was a foot missing that Romains car fall on Fernandos helmet.
Don't want even thing what could be happen.

Romain wanted to close door in front of Lewis but he did it too early.

Last edited:
That was Lettuce's fault, no question about it, and I hate Hambone. I hope he gets sacked by McLaren at the end of the season for the stupid twitter gate shenanigans he has been pulling and for Jenson to outperform him again this year.

Now on to Monza, another low down force circuit, even more so than Spa. Will Big Mac win again? I go for drama. I want to see Ecclestone in tears. I want to see Button on the podium for the rest of the races in the season. The local dealership for their MP12-4c is offering more used cars than new cars. Big Mac is hurting.

Last edited:
^^ Speed Channel

screw Speed, your best bet is vipbox.tv , any of the BBC or SKY feeds are WAY better.

Is Red team using a special engine?

Remember the old days when Honda always had a Suzuka special? Maybe someone got a bunch of gorgeous ladies to hand polish the cylinder walls for eight months?

Is Red team using a special engine?

Remember the old days when Honda always had a Suzuka special? Maybe someone got a bunch of gorgeous ladies to hand polish the cylinder walls for eight months?

interresting thought,first there were "umbrella girls"....now "blueprint girls":biggrin:

Back