• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2012 F1 Thread...

Senna is in at Williams...hope he finally gets a chance to show how good he can be. Hope Williams finds its way back to the midfield this year.

Button and Mclaren for the WDC and WCC this year!!

Senna is in at Williams...hope he finally gets a chance to show how good he can be. Hope Williams finds its way back to the midfield this year.

Button and Mclaren for the WDC and WCC this year!!

+1
hear, hear!

Ya...... Sorry guys but this year it'll look like this:

HAM 1st

VET 2nd

ALO 3rd

RAI or BUT 4th

He he.

-MSR

I think he'll lose all his hair before he wins another WDC.

hami-prada-sport-haircut.jpg

Race Engine of the year awards for 2011 season

Honda had two winning engines for the 2011 season.

Grand Prix Race Engine of the year:

2011 nominations: Honda MotoGP 800cc V4 (winner) ; Renault / Red Bull F1 2.4L V8 ; Mercedes-Benz High Performance Engine F1 2.4L V8.​

North American Race Engine of the year:

2011 nominations: HPD Honda IndyCar 3.0L V8 (winner) ; RYE NASCAR Cup Ford 5.9L V8 ; Ford NHRA Funny Car 8.1L V8
RACE ENGINE TECHNOLOGY 059 DECEMBER/JANUARY 2012

L_2060.jpg
main.jpg

Last edited:
McLaren 2012 F1 launch this Wednesday, February 1st, online at 11AM UTC or 3AM PST:

http://www.mclaren.com/page/watch-the-launch-of-the-vodafone-mclaren-mercedes-mp4-27-live

4545.jpg

Excitement is building at the MTC as there’s just a week to go before the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes contender for the 2012 F1 season is unveiled by Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton, and you can watch it all happen LIVE right here at McLaren.com!

We will be showing live coverage of the event on the morning of February 1 from 11am GMT, and you can join in the action by logging on to McLaren.com or watching through our Facebook page.

Jenson Button, Lewis Hamilton and Vodafone McLaren Mercedes team principal Martin Whitmarsh will be among those giving us their thoughts on the new car and the forthcoming season, which starts in Australia on March 16.​

The MP4-27 is no doubt beautiful but that will NOT be the car we see in Q1 in Melbourne. Dummy exhaust, no diffuser, 2011-spec front wing, you get the idea. What rolls out in Jerez for the first test will be closer to the final spec. Much deeper undercut to the sidepods, glad they didn't go with the "playtpus" nose of the Caterham.

Re: Hey Ferrari, pull up your jeans

you look f'ing ridiculous.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97292

J/K. I'm just waiting for comment from all the guys who threw up when the narrow rear wings were introduced. :biggrin:

Il Commendatore will be turning over in his grave! No self respecting Italian would be happy having that ugly duckling being called a Ferrari! Brings back memories of Jumbo ears on the nose of a particular Honda F1 car.............. :biggrin:

As Ferrari fan I hope Fernando will win this year WDC and have to admit it is not so pretty car but how fast is we have to wait Australia.

P.S. looks like Force India has same philosophy and all others except McLaren and HRT!

Last edited:
Well the test at Jerez it's over and couldnt be any harder to figure out what is happening.
One thing for is sure, Ferrari it's not having a good time at all, unreliability has been huge so far.
As well the RB8 although not as bad. I really hope to see lotus and Merc taking lots of podiums this year.

Sauber and Williams so far so good, catherham looking ok too.
-MSR

lol... my wife thinks alonso is the cutest:rolleyes:

Jarno dropped , Petrov on board at Caterham.
Saw that coming, I knew Jarno was in extra time already and Vitaly has quite a bit of sponsorship money for a seat.

First time in 40years that a season will be race without an Italian on the grid.

-MSR

Back