• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2012 F1 Thread...

Re: Haha, it must be spring.

Michael for his 8th championship...Bill

Hope springs eternal. :biggrin: I think that, unfortunately, too many springs have come and gone for Michael. Would love to see it, but........

Ferrari's race car as of February 16:

mass_ferr_barc_2012-16.jpg

Red Bull to test new car Saturday morning, March 3rd

Red Bull flying out 'new car'

Red Bull are flying out a new chassis for the final two days in Barcelona armed with a series of high-profile and critical upgrades as the testing season goes into dramatic overdrive.

Sky Sports F1 understands that the World Champion's aggressive new package will include a new rear wing, a new front wing and a heavily-revised exhaust.

The revisions are so extensive that the team have had to bolt them onto a new chassis after round-the-clock work at their Milton Keynes HQ.

Vettel awaits parts

Ted Kravitz told Sky Sports News: "It's not only parts, it's a whole new car that's being flown out from the Red Bull factory in Milton Keynes.

"So for all these mechanics in this [Red Bull] garage that's the end of work with this particular chassis. This will be chassis number one and rather than fit all the new parts to chassis number two tonight, which would involve a lot more work for these guys, they've decided to fly out the new car.

"Now that's needed agreement from some of the other teams, but what it's going to mean is we're expecting to see a significantly different car when it rolls out at 9 o'clock. So this test is about to to get much more interesting."

Along with the arrival of a new chassis for Saturday morning, Team Principal Christian Horner and Chief Designer Adrian Newey, conspicuous by their absence at the Circuit de Catalunya on the opening two days of the third-and-final winter, are also flying out from England.

"It seems like they've pressed the button after Jerez," Ted added after learning of Red Bull's plans.

With McLaren also planning to bolt on their Melbourne specifications onto the MP4-27 on Saturday, it means that testing for the start of the new season has effectively been condensed down to just two days for both Red Bull and McLaren and explains why both teams have put their drivers - Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton for the latter, Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber for the former - on rotation over the weekend.

Ted added: "Ominously for everybody else, Red Bull are bringing more performance to this car which is already, we think over the long runs, the fastest here in testing here in Barcelona...​

Last edited:
Re: A look only a mother could love

I know, I know, old news, but I just had to do a "side by side."

04-ferrari-crop.jpg

aussie_platypus_1_Some_moar_awesome_stuff_D-s571x537-38823.jpg

Maybe RBR's brand new do-over will improve the look. Apparently they can do no wrong, so if anyone can improve on the nose, it's gotta be them, huh? ............well, huh? :rolleyes: :biggrin:

^^^
Where do you keep stealing those images from?.....I like. ;)

Ok, here is my predictions for 2012 after seeing all the testing.

1st MSC

2nd PER

3rd KOB

Or the other way around,,,,,

-MSR

I'm tossing my hat in McLaren's pit box.
Let's go racing!

I previously said the Ferrari was ugly but if she's fast, it would be alright. After qualifying I'm afraid the girl I picked up at "last call" is actually a dude.

Miner

They are allready working to bring another girl for Barcelona.This one is really slow one.

exciting quali.....pullrod suspension:confused: the boys no like.Mercedes was all smiles. and that rascal Brawn is always on the cutting edge of the aero rules.

Back