• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2014 F1 thread....

Yeah Daniel wins his first race!

His father was on the local radio this morning, sounding really cool with his son's performance. Mind you, it was a 3am race start for us down under in Perth, and they had cracked a bottle of bubbly to celebrate at 5am, as you would! His mother is your typical Italian lady who loves to celebrate, so you can imagine the excitement in the household. Wonderful young man and family :) \

First of many race wins I'm sure...........

I read that DR wouldn't allow himself too much celebration until he talked with Checo and Massa and saw that they were ok.

If true, pretty classy act.

I read that DR wouldn't allow himself too much celebration until he talked with Checo and Massa and saw that they were ok.

If true, pretty classy act.

Totally in character. So genuinely a nice friendly guy like his father, and has his mothers smile and caring nature.

This is a guy, who from the age of 3 would sit and stare at the F1 races on the family TV. Occasionally, when the racing was less than enthralling, he would end up sitting there alone while the family drifted out of the room. Keep in mind, here in Western Australia, F1 is a late night programme.

I thought F1 was boring/dead now?? *sarcasm

Damn, what a race! Rosberg with a limping car managed to finish on the podium. Checo was doing great until Massa took him out, which he himself was doing great too until that brain fart. I was secretly hoping for a DNF for Rosberg so Checo and Massa could finish on the podium and with Massa's pace at the end, I was hoping he would keep Vettel off the podium!

Biggest surprise for me was Button finishing 4th after all that action/drama! Good on him!

No Massa was at at fault....Cheko was on the racing line, not sure how they saw it differently. I looked at ithe race online last night and it was a very exciting Race, as you miss stuff being in the grand stands.

Bram

Biggest surprise for me was Button finishing 4th after all that action/drama! Good on him!
Go back to that outburst from Hamilton about him coming from less wealthy circumstances than his teammate Rosberg: Button came from even less wealthy circumstances than Hamilton. Button's dad rebuilt their cart engines, while Hamilton's dad bought their engines from Button's dad.

Button has worked hard every day he's been employed by McLaren.

Go back to that outburst from Hamilton about him coming from less wealthy circumstances than his teammate Rosberg: Button came from even less wealthy circumstances than Hamilton. Button's dad rebuilt their cart engines, while Hamilton's dad bought their engines from Button's dad.

Button has worked hard every day he's been employed by McLaren.

Yeah it's going to rough if they drop him if they don't get results.

I've always liked Button. Hope McLaren keeps him around when Honda returns next year.

Remember that quote from a biographer writing about Ronald Reagan, about how he never dwells on the fact that he came from the wrong side of the tracks, but just keeps his head pointed in the right direction and try to head up and up going through life. That's similar to Button's attitude.

No Massa was at at fault....Cheko was on the racing line, not sure how they saw it differently. I looked at ithe race online last night and it was a very exciting Race, as you miss stuff being in the grand stands.

Bram

He was but then he moved. Deliberately or due to brake issues that's different Q but I think their rational is clear - Perez essentially collided with Massa. Remember they have many more camera angles, telemetry on each car. We don't.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2014/6/15935.html

I've always liked Button. Hope McLaren keeps him around when Honda returns next year.
I'm huge Jenson's fan. He had rough time recently. He's very smooth with the car - many noted. And after winning with Brawn GP psychologically he's much more mature. I say BS to anyone who's trying to say Jenson does not have hunger to win or is too mellow.

Interesting race,good moves real racing.Luckly no injury for Kimi.Compliments for Lewis and great drive from Alonso.If only Ferrari can give him proper car.

Great race, I was hoping Button would get on the podium, amazing one stopper on his part almost had Ricciardo. Alonso vs Vettel was good too, but Kid Index was just bitching and moaning too much. Congrats to Bottas and Ricciardo, Hamilton, it was your day.

What he ^ said. :smile:

Yup, Button did have a good race, however, after this year he is done JMO. But it Lewis all the way to the 2014 World championship title.
I dont know if Button is done yet, is he past his best yep most definitely. However with Honda coming back into the fold everyone believes they will not have an easy first year, so having a driver who knows a lot of the people at Honda already that may help them develop a winning engine/car package could work in his favour for one more year until they iron out the kinks.

I thought most of the old honda team is now mercedes.

Back