• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2014 F1 thread....

what do you guys think of the rumored american team redux with haas at the helm?The rules seem to allow them to field a car that they piece together kinda like a spec racer,not completely of their own manufacturing.

Last edited:
Well, I hope the Haas team does well. They've already been given FIA and F1 go-ahead. But it's going to be a tough row to hoe ahead: the bias against American anything in F1 and reconciling with constantly changing regs and technology. I'd think that Honda's corporate American slant and previous involvement with BAR (British American Racing) would be keen on providing the team with a powerplant.

IIRC, Haas said they'd be using a Dallara chassis and rely heavily on tech partners to get them up to speed. Pun intended.

I don't know haas or what his wealth level is.F1 is a technological craps game played by many of the worlds billionaires....so we'll see if they give him the dice

GO LEWIS! :smile:

I don't know if it's because I was tired, (I go out clubbing a lot) but this race was boring to me. Watched the first half and went to sleep and watched the rest of it later in the morning.
Hope Nico can pick up the pace. Glad to see Vettel getting his ass handed to him by Ricciardo again.

McLaren, where are you at?! :(
Solid finish for Bottas.

I don't know if it's because I was tired, (I go out clubbing a lot) but this race was boring to me. Watched the first half and went to sleep and watched the rest of it later in the morning.
Hope Nico can pick up the pace. Glad to see Vettel getting his ass handed to him by Ricciardo again.

McLaren, where are you at?! :(
Solid finish for Bottas.
Indeed. If only one to two more laps it would have been different ;)

Anyone who thinks that Rosberg didn't cause the yellow flag in the Monaco qualifying today on purpose doesn't know Nico.

I was thinkin the same thing. He set Lewis up on the q3 so he could hold the pole.
Hope Lewis is ok and his eye is back to normal. Canada in 2 weeks will be very interesting.

There is no way to prevent this from happening again. Lewis can be in front, on a flying lap, and the car behind him can crash, and will that bring out yellow flags for the entire course? If not, then the trick is to get out there early.

I'm ok with it. Rosberg was faster last two races and just ran out of laps, this evens it out and we continue to get good racing between them for the driver's championship. If either one pulls away in points then they might enforce team orders and protect their leader so I rather see them duke it out until the end.

Honda must be deeply worried now.

My take on it is that there's lots of room for improvement. :) If McLaren was running away with it this year, then Honda would be seen as a step down if they did not perform as well next year. This way, they can improve and the perception will be that some of that is owed to the Honda engine spurring more interesting in the following years. #glasshalffull

Anyone who thinks that Rosberg didn't cause the yellow flag in the Monaco qualifying today on purpose doesn't know Nico.
I did not see the Qualy in Monaco, but from what I have read it seems that he did this to stop Lewis form getting pole.

I have searched for the Monaco Qualy, however , I have not been able to find one online....anyone have a source ?

Rosberg conveniently locked front brakes and skidded to a halt in a small runoff area where his car was unscathed and he produced a yellow......hmmmmmm:rolleyes: imo that was akin to cheating.During the race LH said he could not see out of one eye.....tough for debris to get in to the helmet.....an eyelash would likely not cause blindness.brake dust can get in but again would cause discomfort...but he said he could not see.....I hope he didn't detach a retina.

I did not see the Qualy in Monaco, but from what I have read it seems that he did this to stop Lewis form getting pole.

I have searched for the Monaco Qualy, however , I have not been able to find one online....anyone have a source ?

I use racingfor.me to get all f1 content.

Good piece on Lewis and Nico -> http://www.f1today.net/en/news/hamilton-never-worked-as-hard-as-rosberg--kart-boss

This maybe interesting to some -> "Meanwhile, former F1 driver Alex Zanardi has tipped Hamilton to beat Rosberg to the title this year. "I only want to say one thing about their rivalry," the Italian is quoted by La Gazzetta dello Sport. "Nico is a very strong driver, but Lewis is a champion." (GMM)"

Wow…what a great race and a series of totally unexpected events.

I may even watch the replay!

Back