• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2019 F1 Thread

Saturday chance of 4-6% for rain, Sunday 20-30%, not heavy rain I guess but enough to make a boring race (besides the usual crashes :D) spectacular to watch.

Lewis is the (leading) driver of a sightseeing bus tour through Monaco...
Only rain will turn around the race...

It’s nice to see how the new wing specs made for lots of passing. Granted Monaco is Monaco, but this year seemed worse than usual. I’m surprised Max didn’t lay the chrome horn on Hamilton. Merc has so much grunt. They must have figured out how Ferrari was getting the juice to the MGUs last year and have adopted the technology.

Well, Montreal in 7 days time, perhaps they found something to compete with Merc or RedBull.

Montreal as usual is going to be an epic race...Weather is supposed to be Sunny and 21 degrees C, so perfect for racing.

Bram

Everyone might want to take the time to watch "My Next Guest Needs No Introduction with David Letterman" on Netfix.
A wonderful interview with Lewis Hamilton.
Truly worth watching.
H-

Help me out here. Here in SoCal, for the Canadian GP, ESPNU (a channel not included in most Cable packages) is showing P1 and P2 on Friday. Saturday qualifying is NOT scheduled anywhere (espn, 2..ABC, etc) and the race is supposed to be live on ABC network Sunday at 8:30am PST. Program schedule shows Local News and LA. Pride Parade on Sunday and no sign of GP anywhere....anyone knows different?

Help me out here. Here in SoCal, for the Canadian GP, ESPNU (a channel not included in most Cable packages) is showing P1 and P2 on Friday. Saturday qualifying is NOT scheduled anywhere (espn, 2..ABC, etc) and the race is supposed to be live on ABC network Sunday at 8:30am PST. Program schedule shows Local News and LA. Pride Parade on Sunday and no sign of GP anywhere....anyone knows different?
Try firstrowsportsdoteu to stream it.

TSN airs it in Canada. Good luck.

F1.com shows the race at 1110 west coast time. I would suspect ABC, hopefully the LA market doesnt preempt the race. I’m all for the pride parade, but (especially if Ferrari is performing well) F1 should preempt everything. It does in my house, at least. Here in Sa Diego the guide shows paid programming and TBA until 1 pm. Maybe AbC is slack sending the network info to the provider of guide data.

Last edited:
F1.com shows the race at 1110 west coast time. I would suspect ABC, hopefully the LA market doesnt preempt the race. I’m all for the pride parade, but (especially if Ferrari is performing well) F1 should preempt everything. It does in my house, at least. Here in Sa Diego the guide shows paid programming and TBA until 1 pm. Maybe AbC is slack sending the network info to the provider of guide data.

When I checked later last night, my local (SD) ABC shows the race from 1030-1300.

Well Ferrari is on pole, so it going to be a great race here in Montreal. The temperature is going to be 29 degrees C, so tire management is going to be key. Tire degradation is Very high
We know that Lewis is good at managing tires, so we'll see tomorrow.....my monies is on Lewis to win.

Bram

This race is ruined by FIA.Does any race must be win by Mercedes?SEb deserved this one.
At least it was funny how Seb changed parking positions at the end of the race.

Not really, Vettel made a mistake and came back on the track. He should have given Lewis the position, and fight for it.
But no, he continued, so the +5 seconds were justified in my mind.
Bram

The FIA call was correct. Sep should have lifted and kept to the left. What he did would have caused a bad accident if the guy he cut off was someone without Lewis' skills.

H-

(25-year SCCA racer lastly S2000)

Last edited:
Not really, Vettel made a mistake and came back on the track. He should have given Lewis the position, and fight for it.
But no, he continued, so the +5 seconds were justified in my mind.
Bram
They were not in direct fight with each other around that corner. The penalty was a little overamibitous. Let them race against each other, we don't want to see a F1 play school.

Overall another F1 sleeping pill of a F1 race. What should we expect from the next races if they are not able to overtake with three long straight and three DRS zones???

In addition, ok 25 years ago. Rambo-Schumi against Hill and next time against Villenneuve. 1994 no fine, nothing at all for a deliberate action.

Not sure if it's a Honda problem or an Red Bull/Toro Rosso chassis problem but both teams lack significantly of acceleration out of the corners. Also seen in Monaco. The top speed was ok. Grip? Power? The next Honda engine boost will be in September for Monza.

Last edited:
Back