• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Shelby facility in Vegas

So we were in Vegas 2 weeks ago on vacation and among all the sight seeing we did (Hoover Dam, Red Rock Canyon, Bryce Canyon Utah, etc) we noticed a big building with "Shelby" on it. After a quick google search discovered it was there new facility that opened in December. So my future father in law and I wanted to check it out... Even if you're not into Fords or Mustangs, the history of Carroll Shelby and seeing his original car was awesome. They said since his death, the highest offer so far was 26 million for his original car, but they will not sell it. Apparently when he built the car, it was painted "god awful yellow" (Shelby's exact words) but he wanted it to appear he had more than 1 car for all the big auto shows that year, so he had it repainted a different color for the shows. The only spot you can see the original yellow is a chip under the front bumper. The seats are pretty chewed up, but completely original.

I was impressed with their old facility at the speedway complex back when I did my Daly open wheel school.

I was impressed with their old facility at the speedway complex.

+1, had great time there a few years back. I will have to check out the new one next time I'm in Vegas, probably later this year.

Any Shelby Dodges at all on display?

Brian

Yep. I believe there was an omni and dakota.

- - - Updated - - -

+1, had great time there a few years back. I will have to check out the new one next time I'm in Vegas, probably later this year.

Definitely worth it if you're in Vegas. Its south of Mandalay Bay before Town Square Shopping.

Back