• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thoughts on NsxWestFest Spring 2009!

Feb 3/2009 - KELOWNA SEEMS TO BE THE PLACE KIDS!

I know its early but things creep up on us.
Soon the snow will be gone and the birds will be chirping once again.
Just talking to Pam and we thought I should start a thread to get the ball rolling. Last year we had a nice turn out and this year I think we can do even better, now that people know what to expect and might not want and on and on. Aaron did a great job last time for short notice and the first time. We got lucky with the weather that long Weekend in May and the Knox Mountain Hill Climb was kind of fun and is again happening this year at the same time. Not sure if the yellow beast Nsx from Red Deer will run.
Can't find if the The World of Wheels Car Show is in Peachland again, but will look more. Some liked that, if only we used club radios to get there......Pam!
Oh Ya, I'm thinking Kelowna again, but lets here it......
So let start with the same date and of course some will have other or family plans but we will always have that.
May 15 is Friday, May 16 is Sat, May 17 is the Sunday and May 18 is the Monday - Victoria Day!

I remember being scared to go and even more scared to go to Portland, but I will never look back.

I will add to this first post as we talk more amongst ourselves.

Posts from last year games:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100263&highlight=Westfest
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105555&highlight=Westfest

Let the Games Begin!

1)Trevor Ffffanman - Edmonton
2)Pam ve7nsx - Abbortsford
3)Dan Caveman - St. Albert
4)Stacy stacy'snsx - Vancouver
5)Tim Bigglezworth - Calgary
6)Wil Angus - Vancouver
7)Terry porpoise - Kelowna
8)Sean Hondatech - Victoria
9) earz0 - Vernon
10)Aaron aaronkamloops - Kamloops - for a bit!

Last edited:
Trev great idea ... let's get an early start. Last year was fun, Terry's hospitality was awesome as was Knox Mountain hillclimb and Peachland car show.

Sheridan ... how's that CRX? We'll probably try to talk you into driving your NSX this year in the hillclimb :wink:

Stacy ... can't wait to see what you have done the the black beauty!

Good timing Trev. I was also thinking of starting the ball rolling on NSXWestFest but as usual you beat me to it.:smile:

I'm willing to help plan the event and vote for Kelowna again as it's pretty central with lots to do and see.

Folks, if last year is any indication, this will be the best NSX meet you will attend. Plan on going!:biggrin:

Dan

I'd like to try and make it up. Isn't too far from Seattle...I bet we could get a few of use to head up.

Just update in the PacNW section once in awhile so I don't forget about it! :redface:

I'm a likely again. The only question however will be if I will actually be in a position to bring take the Acura. I know I know it's not really an NSX fest without arriving in an NSX, but I might be in the midst of the supercharger mod I've had sitting on the shelf in the garage for the past 4 years. That and swapping out the clutch for a high power unit.

May have to struggle along with the RS6........

I'm a likely again. The only question however will be if I will actually be in a position to bring take the Acura. I know I know it's not really an NSX fest without arriving in an NSX, but I might be in the midst of the supercharger mod I've had sitting on the shelf in the garage for the past 4 years. That and swapping out the clutch for a high power unit.

May have to struggle along with the RS6........

You have months to finish it! I went to Est Fest in my 335i last year, and became the club station wagon. Take the NSX!!!

And..

Stacy - I see you have decided to keep the Carrera, and are doing some minor modifications. Lookin good.

KK, if you need me and Eddie to come down and wrench with you, just call.
You've never seen me take instructions so well in my life. I can bring my Canadian Tire electric Impact Wrench and my Prince Auto Impact Sockets. For Eddie, we need a semi to put in all of his Snap On tools! Two days tooling and 4 hours on the dyno and your ready. lol
Trev
Stacey - Ya, like a package of twist ties and yellow jack stands are going to make that thing faster! Why do you have parts of your shop vac in pieces on the ground?

Last edited:
Trev great idea ... let's get an early start. Last year was fun, Terry's hospitality was awesome as was Knox Mountain hillclimb and Peachland car show.

Sheridan ... how's that CRX? We'll probably try to talk you into driving your NSX this year in the hillclimb :wink:

Hahaha . yeah if someone wants to pay for a cage and any damages that might happen :biggrin: i might think about not running the crx .

Yeah,I will be coming again this year,with some more door prizes I am sure!

As far as the black beauty here are a couple of teaser pics....but...ssssshhhh!
I don't think I am suppose to post pics here...

Now maybe I will be able to keep-up to you,Pam !
Stacy

Don't worry Stacy ,I got something for you.

I will show up no matter where westfest is , but it better be on this side of the rockies!

Otherwise it's not westfest -

ALBERTAFEST? -

Last edited:
Don't worry Stacy ,I got something for you.

I will show up no matter where westfest is , but it better be on this side of the rockies!

Otherwise it's not westfest -

ALBERTAFEST? -
Last time I checked, the middle of Canada was in Ontario.....

It's not BCFest.:wink:

Ya failed posting on nsx prime as well boy
How many times do i need to see pictures of Stacy's messy garage.
Edit and delete those images man or I won't send the Wil/Dave 118ave funds.
Trev

Ya failed posting on nsx prime as well boy
How many times do i need to see pictures of Stacy's messy garage.
Edit and delete those images man or I won't send the Wil/Dave 118ave funds.
Trev

Alright T-money , I better see the cash soon!

Yeah, the 40 kms of perimeter roads all around the canyons are actually pretty good if you can get a clean run at them.

Finally someone who knows what I am talking about ....

just have a fews cars hold up traffic and send 1 scout car to make sure there are no popo...

Hey, I think Kelowna is a great idea, just a very short drive for me! I would host a barbeque again, on Sunday, but I would kick the food up a few notches from the burgers of last year ! If someone could tell me how to post pictures on here, I have a few really good ones.
porpoise

Terry, Kelowna it is then....lol.
Terry's for the BBQ. I would bring the steaks from Edmonton, but they probably won't taste that good, or would be cooked by the time we got there.I'll check if continental meats has a place in Kelowna. Order and P.U.!
You can email me your pics and I will downsize them and post them on your behalf. Just don't overload my box - 10 meg max in one email please.
Trev

Added Terry's Pic from last years BBQ at his house.

Attachments

• TerryNsxWestFest1.JPG
    TerryNsxWestFest1.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 119
  • TerryNsxWestFest2.JPG
    TerryNsxWestFest2.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 100
  • TerryNsxWestFest3.JPG
    TerryNsxWestFest3.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 84
  • TerryNsxWestFest4.JPG
    TerryNsxWestFest4.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 74
  • TerryNsxWestFest5.JPG
    TerryNsxWestFest5.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 102
  • TerryNsxWestFest6.jpg
    TerryNsxWestFest6.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 93
  • TerryNsxWestFest7.JPG
    TerryNsxWestFest7.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 147
  • TerryNsxWestFest8.JPG
    TerryNsxWestFest8.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 93
  • TerryNsxWestFest9.JPG
    TerryNsxWestFest9.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 75
  • TerryNsxWestFest10.JPG
    TerryNsxWestFest10.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 78
  • TerryNsxWestFest11.JPG
    TerryNsxWestFest11.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 89
  • TerryNsxWestFest12.jpg
    TerryNsxWestFest12.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Hey, I think Kelowna is a great idea, just a very short drive for me! I would host a barbeque again, on Sunday, but I would kick the food up a few notches from the burgers of last year ! If someone could tell me how to post pictures on here, I have a few really good ones.
porpoise

Terry your place is awesome ,, a BBQ will be well received! We can even help out :smile:

Here is one way to post your photos. In the past, Prime has requested that we post them in the galleries so as not to bloat the forums. If you go here, you can get started. http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/usercp.php go to pictures and albums on the left navigation pane. There is a utility to help you create albums and upload your pics. Then you can post a link in this forum.

Don't forget to post a few pics of your garage too!

That time already? Excellent. Kelowna was great last year, I says we do it again! My buddy is picking up his Audi R8 in march, so we'll see about bringing along some more german strudel to keep Stacys' Porsche company :biggrin:

That time already? Excellent. Kelowna was great last year, I says we do it again! My buddy is picking up his Audi R8 in march, so we'll see about bringing along some more german strudel to keep Stacys' Porsche company :biggrin:
That would be sweet. Lots of nice Audi's out there to keep the Porsche company....:wink:

Back