• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thoughts on NsxWestFest Spring 2009!

Just went for a blast with mine, I forgot how fun and fast it was.
Trev

So is this thing on or not?
The Hotel is asking me what to do, book the block or not.
I don't see anyone interested really except myself and Dan here from Edmonton.
Can we get some interest happening or people confirming or not.
Dan and Angie will go for sure.
I will go for sure.
Albert is out
Kevin is out.
Get your cars out of storage and get in the spirit.
Trev

Great! I do have you name on the first post of this thread, hope to add more people. I guess I will go ahead and tell her to block the rooms.
Thanks
Trev

I will be there , wether I am welcome or not .

Angus, Your already coming!
earz0 - I've added you to the list on the front page.
Keep them coming guys.
Contact others in your area to spread the world or let me know who isn't coming. I will make that list as well.
Trev

I'm coming, maybe not for the whole weekend but for a day or two anyway.

Aaron is coming again this year and has been talking to some contacts.
He can correct me if I'm wrong here on any facts.
The Peachland World of Wheels car show is going on Sunday again.
He is seeing about getting us in on the side again for free.
I believe its $10.00 to get your car down the street, but we know we
like the spot from last year near the entrance exit that was gratis and easy in
easy out. Their website is:www.peachlandworldofwheels.ca
Trev

In the NSX of course! lol
The GT-R was owned by a doctor in Honolulu. I was in Oahu for a day on my vacation in January and met him on a GT-R owners forum. He was nice enough to give me a ride in his new toy and asked me if I wanted to drive. How could I say no??? It was a nice car, very bad brake squeal though (perhaps due to the pads not being bedded in properly on the Nissan track in Tochigi, or maybe the humidity of Hawaii) My main goal when I got behind the wheel was to reduce the noise of the brakes and ease the pain on people outside the car. It was that bad of a squeal. The owner said it was normal however we differed on that opinion. Hopefully he will opt for a better pad/rotor setup. He is a doctor after all.

I spoke with Don at the World of Wheels and he has guaranteed us our spot in front of the Peachland yacht club as per last year's set-up. They are charging a $10 fee and what I might do is pay it via a credit card and collect it at the event from the members that attend. He said he could offer us a $120 fee and that would cover all the cars in our group even if we have more than 12. They will be giving out commemoratives and pins as part of this being their centennial year. If you like you can check out their website at www.peachlandworldofwheels.ca/

I was thinking of getting another GT-R member in Peachland to park his new R35 beside our NSX's to showcase the Japanese supercar lineup.

Hope there is room for one more (red).
Cheryl and I joined last year and look forward to seeing all your glossy nsx's again. I gather it is at the Manteo again. Thanks for arranging this Trev.
What are your ETAs?

Frank

In the NSX of course! lol
The GT-R was owned by a doctor in Honolulu. I was in Oahu for a day on my vacation in January and met him on a GT-R owners forum. He was nice enough to give me a ride in his new toy and asked me if I wanted to drive. How could I say no??? It was a nice car, very bad brake squeal though (perhaps due to the pads not being bedded in properly on the Nissan track in Tochigi, or maybe the humidity of Hawaii) My main goal when I got behind the wheel was to reduce the noise of the brakes and ease the pain on people outside the car. It was that bad of a squeal. The owner said it was normal however we differed on that opinion. Hopefully he will opt for a better pad/rotor setup. He is a doctor after all.
My Audi has awful brake squeal/grinding noise. The pads have a HIGH content of steel in them. They are designed that way intentionally for high speed braking and running hot of course.

The owner of the same model GT-R in Peachland reports no such brake noise at all. Strange that many on their forum have it while many don't. It was a distraction from an otherwise very cool car. Hard to get up to high speeds in Honolulu rush hour but I did get to throttle up near the much longer airport expressways. Seemed quite heavy (as it is at nearly 4000lbs) and the hood was a lot to peer over as compared to what we're use to.

Last edited:
Ok, is anybody going besides Dan and Me, no one has booked at the hotel yet!
Trev

I've booked my room at the Manteo for 4 nights arriving Thursday, May 14 and departing Monday, May 18. Lots of good rooms still available but you better book soon. I'm hoping we get just as good a turn out as last year.

I'm looking forward to the trip as I had a great time last year and enjoyed meeting other NSX owners and car enthusiasts.:smile:

Thanks Trev in setting this up with the Manteo.

Dan

Ok, is anybody going besides Dan and Me, no one has booked at the hotel yet!
Trev
I've got lots of family and friends so I don't need to rent.:wink: I was going to head out with my buddy again, but the wife is stepping up to the plate and making things interesting. Problem is though we have two young daughters and that instantly means no NSX.....:mad: Either I drive two vehicles out, tell the wife she can't go to Kelowna, or drive the RS6 with everyone and their luggage. Not really any good options when you are part of an NSX gathering is it.:cool:

I've got lots of family and friends so I don't need to rent.:wink: I was going to head out with my buddy again, but the wife is stepping up to the plate and making things interesting. Problem is though we have two young daughters and that instantly means no NSX.....:mad: Either I drive two vehicles out, tell the wife she can't go to Kelowna, or drive the RS6 with everyone and their luggage. Not really any good options when you are part of an NSX gathering is it.:cool:

Let your friend drive the NSX to Kelowna and have him pick up the expenses. You can then drive the family and have the best of both worlds ... time with your family and time with the NSX family.:biggrin:

Good plan Dan, I think that would work. As I remember, his friend seemed very responsible.
I might fly single again this year.
Not sure yet.
Ocean view with a King Size bed is on order.
Hope the surfing is good this time of year.
Trev

The Rooms facing the Lake will be only held til Sunday.
Our contract ran out on the 17th.
The Hotel will still keep the price after that, but rooms will be first come first serve.
Trev

Hi:
new to cdn nsx club. Wifey and I are doing the B&B thing in Kelowna, not sure what the WestFest program is but would like to meet for some of the events and cking out the HillClimb if its interesting.

anyone has a sched of whats going on?

Back