• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thoughts on NsxWestFest Spring 2009!

Hey, you kids don't even want to go there with me.
I'm on the 3rd season of the Sopranos and my crew in Alberta are all ready calling me T and bringing in envelopes full of cannoli!
I might even change the venue to Canmore so I can stay at the Condo, it would be cheaper for me and the boyz.
Bada Bing
Trev

Attachments

• Sopr_Bada_Bing1.jpg
    Sopr_Bada_Bing1.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 41
Just so the rest of you know, Angus and I are not fighting, its just the way we are with each other and should be kept off of this thread. I have the utmost respect for him, not sure what he thinks of me except for a free supper, ooppss, I did it again.
On topic: I'm sensing a feel that any where further than Kelowna for us Alberta people would be too far and some would drop out.
I personally am comfortable with Kelowna. Vernon or Kamloops are probably great places as well, but I don't know them. This Fest is not set until a majority rules I suppose, so If you have ideas, post them. Otherwise no one will jump on your wagon.
Trev

Just so the rest of you know, Angus and I are not fighting, its just the way we are with each other and should be kept off of this thread. I have the utmost respect for him, not sure what he thinks of me except for a free supper, ooppss, I did it again.
On topic: I'm sensing a feel that any where further than Kelowna for us Alberta people would be too far and some would drop out.
I personally am comfortable with Kelowna. Vernon or Kamloops are probably great places as well, but I don't know them. This Fest is not set until a majority rules I suppose, so If you have ideas, post them. Otherwise no one will jump on your wagon.
Trev

:smile:

Ditto that. Kelowna was recommended last year as a sort of middle ground between Vancouver and Calgary. Going further south isn't desireable as that places it at a solid 9-9.5 hours minimum from Calgary, and 12 hours from Edmonton. Kamloops and Vernon are nice options. Remember you're not going to please all the people all of the time. IF I was to be totally pleased, I'd have it right here in Calgary - but we all know that would stir up a host of problems with west coast members who would then be put the other end of the stick and need to drive 12 hours to the end destination....

Kelowna it is then!

May 15,and 16 are BMW driving school days at race city in Calgary, I am already booked for the school have done it twice before great fun, and no tickets. Maybe an NSXPO in Calgary and then to Kelowna?

We haven't booked a hotel yet as far as I know.
You can look at last years place which we might consider again and ask them.
Are you talking a Yorkie? or what.
I know I for one would be uptight with a larger dog near my car.
But that's me, I'm a spaz.
On the other hand, I'm uptight with John backing his sleek silver beauty into my hood as well.....lol, especially one with water spots on it.
Trev
p.s. whats a little pot between friends.

Last edited:
Time to resurrect this post.:smile:
I’ve already booked the time off and hope we can still do this meet. It was a blast last year.:biggrin:
Can anyone who knows Kelowna suggest a hotel? I was happy with the Manteo but we should decide soon and pre-book a block of rooms.

We also need to update the list of attendees. I'm willing to help organize but I really don't know much about Kelowna.

Dan

I have made a note at work here to phone and get a block of rooms tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder.
I will post the results.
Trev

manteo, although on the spendy side, is probably the best location for security, semi-private parking, lake side experience, etc. I have thought about it for awhile, and can't think of a better overall venue here in kelowna. other than dinner at my place on sunday.lol.
porpoise

I know Trev has got some very bad memories of the Delta Grand but looks like May is a bit soft this Spring for Kelowna. Might be able to push Manteo as well. I'm just thinking secured underground parking.:smile:

Hi John,
I would be willing to match the rate of $179 per night for the group. Alternatively I could offer 20 Signature Club Rooms at a special rate of $199 per night. The Signature Club rooms come with a continental breakfast each morning, they are on a private floor, and we offer free internet and local calls for these rooms. Most of these rooms provide a lake view or at the very least, a marina, courtyard, or Mountain View for your guests.

We are anticipating a calmer May this year and therefore I think the group would really have a great time here. You would be in a great location, being right downtown.
Your thoughts?
Melissa Fitzel
Conference Coordinator
Delta Grand Okanagan Resort and Conference Centre
phn (250) 868-5612
fax (250) 868-5605
1310 Water Street
Kelowna, BC V1Y 9P3
www.deltagrandokanagan.com

The grand usually has a hells angels convention on the may long weekend. has been a tradition for probably a decade. You may want to get her thoughts on that. Not sure how well they like japanese cars?
porpoise

The grand usually has a hells angels convention on the may long weekend. has been a tradition for probably a decade. You may want to get her thoughts on that. Not sure how well they like japanese cars?
porpoise

Thats interesting, good to have local knowledge. Maybe just use the rate to bargain with the Manteo.

Last edited:
Thanks guys and I was slammed this week at work, what down turn in economy...........
I am phoning right now.
Trev

The Delta is under construction in the hotel and also in the parkade.
I will not be staying there.
Trev

March 20/2009
I have a quote from the Monteo for our stay from Kris Stokell, Sales Manager.
She would be happy to have us back again and would provide as last year and adjust according to our feedback or complaints.
The parking is free and will be separate from everyone else.
She will address the sprinklers and other concerns as well.
Internet connection is FREE and local calls as well.

She will block 12 rooms to start if we agree to stay here.
All rooms will be LAKEFRONT this time.
14 rooms where taken last year.
The Deluxe Guest Rooms will be 180.00 per nite.
The Premium One Bedroom Suites will be $209.00 per nite. Dan took this last year.

Please let us decide shortly so we can get things rolling.
I will update the first post as we decide and update who is coming.

Attached is our proposal from the Monteo.
The next post will be the email I got from Kris Stokell.

Thanks
Trev

Attachments

• NSX Club.pdf
    210.8 KB · Views: 43
Thank you for your interest in Manteo Resort – Waterfront Hotel & Villas. As discussed, I am pleased to provide a proposal for the Accommodation Block, which you are organizing for May 15 - 18, 2009.

Our menus can be viewed in a PDF format by clicking on the following links. If you have any problems viewing, please contact me and I will send them to you as an attachment.

2009 Banquet Breakfast Menu – 2009 Catering Breakfast and Coffee Service
http://www.manteo.com/forms/2009_Catering_Breakfast_and_Coffee_Service.pdf

2009 Banquet Lunch Menu – 2009 Catering Lunch Menus
http://www.manteo.com/forms/2009_Catering_Lunch_Menus.pdf

2009 Banquet Dinner & Reception Menu – 2009 Catering Dinner and Reception Menus
http://www.manteo.com/forms/2009_Catering_Dinner_and_Reception_Menus.pdf

Our full conference package can also be viewed by clicking on the following link: Manteo Sales Kit.

Please also have a look at our NEW Website & Virtual Tour. You can walk yourself throughout the resort as though you are here! View our website at www.manteo.com

Also - I want to let you know about Manteo's Service Fee Guarantee.

At Manteo, there are many pleasant surprises. Like the exceptional service - the extraordinary comfort of your room, the long list of amenities and the perfect surrounding on Okanagan Lake. What you won't be surprised by is that long list of extra charges. That's right. No charge for parking, no resort fees, local phone calls are free, complimentary Internet, complimentary Globe & Mail newspaper.

Manteo Resort. Be Pleasantly surprised!

Trevor, once again, thank you for considering Manteo Resort! If I can be of any assistance or should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to give me a call. We look forward to the opportunity to welcoming your group back to Manteo Resort!

Regards

Kris Stokell
Sales Manager
Manteo Resort Waterfront Hotel & Villas
3762 Lakeshore Road
Kelowna, BC V1W 3L4

Manteo No Service Fee Guarantee

At Manteo Resort there are many pleasant surprises. Like the exceptional service - the extraordinary comfort of your room, the long list of amenities and the perfect surroundings on Okanagan Lake. What you won't be surprised by is that long list of extra charges. That's right. No Resort Fees, no charge for local phone calls, Internet, National Newspaper, and parking.

Manteo Resort. Be pleasantly surprised.

Toll Free: 1.800.445.5255 ext 7151
Direct 250.979.4533
[email protected]
www.manteo.com

The Manteo it is. I'll be booking one of their suites. Thanks Trev for arranging this. Thanks John for checking out other properties. Thanks Terry for the local knowledge on the possible Hell's Angels meet ... other than Trev we would probably not fit in.

Now, all we need is weather like we had last year! The way this spring is going, I may just have the car out by then.:biggrin:

Dan

Back