• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

time for a high mileage update

'95 NSX-T - Formula Red, 122k miles, shes brand new to me as of this month:)

enesexdreamer said:
1185xxK miles, and dying to log on more:biggrin:

we should have a 'nsx high milage club'. i like to think of milage as experience points like on final fantasy:tongue:

ff is the best. true dat. DOUBLE TRUE.

FF12 just came out. Japanese though. Got my copy yesterday.:biggrin:
Synthesis said:
ff is the best. true dat. DOUBLE TRUE.

sweeeet, i'm gonna have to download it. got dirge of cerberus. man, i wish i understood japanese so i wouldn't have to wait to enjoy these games. nsxs are awesome. (had to put it in there somewhere so i stay on topic :tongue: )

MIKE5261 said:
Here is my story: I haved worked at an Acura Dealer for last 16 years my nsx is the first one we sold in 91 the guy that bought the car is a doctor , he serviced the car religously at our store, and the reason he drove so many miles is the fact that he had two practices about 75 miles apart so he was in for service frequently, and for the most part he came to me for service. so last July he came in for his last service, jokingly I told him that he needed to dump the car and I would give him $2500 cash right now, we laughed about it and he was on his way, at this time he had about 335,000 miles and the car was hurting almost every seal was leaking from the engine, the oil was leaking so bad that you couldnot drive more than 3-4 miles without a trail of blue smoke from the back of the car, the abs light was on the clutch was toast, a/c compressor siezed, antenna stuck up driver window would barely close, the paint on the roof faded out, front bumper was 1/4 of inch lower because he rear ended someone the left rear wheel was different than the other three because he had a flat tire and drove the car in on the bare wheel which was ground down to the size of a 12 inch wheel, when the tire came apart tore the left rear 1/4 panel and the left side of the car 2 inch wide scratch down the side of the car. That is the majority of the problems with the car. he decided at about 285,000 miles that he was going to do the least amount of repairs possible and drive the car till it stopped. I guess things change because about 2 weeks after his july visit his car was towed in with a dead battery and blown main fuse, he had sold his practices and house and was moving to another state when the shipper came to pick up his cars the nsx was dead and the guy jumped the car backwards and blew the fuse, so he leaves the car behind. The doctor now needs to get rid of the car quickly as he doesnot have time to arrange another shipper. So he asked me if I was Still interested in his car, I explained to him that I really couldnot afford it as I have 3 kids 1 in college and 2 soon to follow but I was curious so I asked him what he wanted for it and he said make an offer, I did and he accepted and here we are now the car is about 90% back together and i drive it everyday my current odometer is 340425 miles. That's my story :biggrin:

Those damn doctors!:eek: :mad: :biggrin: :redface: :tongue: :wink:

1991 Berlina Black 80,000 miles

enesexdreamer said:
1185xxK miles, and dying to log on more:biggrin:

we should have a 'nsx high milage club'. i like to think of milage as experience points like on final fantasy:tongue:

I think at 100,000 i get LIMIT BREAK ('R'ion Heart) ROFL!

MIKE5261 said:
Here is my story: I haved worked at an Acura Dealer for last 16 years my nsx is the first one we sold in 91 the guy that bought the car is a doctor , he serviced the car religously at our store, and the reason he drove so many miles is the fact that he had two practices about 75 miles apart so he was in for service frequently, and for the most part he came to me for service. so last July he came in for his last service, jokingly I told him that he needed to dump the car and I would give him $2500 cash right now, we laughed about it and he was on his way, at this time he had about 335,000 miles and the car was hurting almost every seal was leaking from the engine, the oil was leaking so bad that you couldnot drive more than 3-4 miles without a trail of blue smoke from the back of the car, the abs light was on the clutch was toast, a/c compressor siezed, antenna stuck up driver window would barely close, the paint on the roof faded out, front bumper was 1/4 of inch lower because he rear ended someone the left rear wheel was different than the other three because he had a flat tire and drove the car in on the bare wheel which was ground down to the size of a 12 inch wheel, when the tire came apart tore the left rear 1/4 panel and the left side of the car 2 inch wide scratch down the side of the car. That is the majority of the problems with the car. he decided at about 285,000 miles that he was going to do the least amount of repairs possible and drive the car till it stopped. I guess things change because about 2 weeks after his july visit his car was towed in with a dead battery and blown main fuse, he had sold his practices and house and was moving to another state when the shipper came to pick up his cars the nsx was dead and the guy jumped the car backwards and blew the fuse, so he leaves the car behind. The doctor now needs to get rid of the car quickly as he doesnot have time to arrange another shipper. So he asked me if I was Still interested in his car, I explained to him that I really couldnot afford it as I have 3 kids 1 in college and 2 soon to follow but I was curious so I asked him what he wanted for it and he said make an offer, I did and he accepted and here we are now the car is about 90% back together and i drive it everyday my current odometer is 340425 miles. That's my story :biggrin:

I want to know what your offer was??????????? Did you get it for under $2000? :confused:

MIKE5261 said:
the price I purchased the car for is $ ****.00 :rolleyes: is to be kept a secret as agreed between the doc an myself :biggrin:

You sicken me... :tongue: If you change your mind PM me, I'm dying to know if it was anywhere close to your initial joking around offer. :smile:

Seriously Mike, what is the big deal about telling us the price?? I am sure the Doc never gets on Prime. Just give a hint where we can guess...

Tebbnsxr said:
Seriously Mike, what is the big deal about telling us the price?? I am sure the Doc never gets on Prime. Just give a hint where we can guess...

You be bad cop, I'll be good cop. :biggrin:

Almost a year of ownership....for me..1996 NSX-T Red/Black/Camel:biggrin:

Brought her home June of Last year (June 2005) with 68,800 Miles...Forward to today, April 4 2006, and she has 72,4xx Miles...dangit..I need to drive this car more!!!

At least I'm a little better than the previous owner who drove it a total of 2000 miles in 2 years of ownership:eek: :confused:

MIke

91 black/ivory ~104,000 Oil leak, A/C needs help.

Tebbnsxr said:

Exactly!! We have no idea who the doctor is....I am dying to know about what he bought this for!!

Here's a high milage update. I have 114k on the car. I've put almost 20k on personally. I'm getting ready for the CTSC install so I had the compression tested (good across the board) and the injectors cleaned... the injectors weren't so good. They had never been serviced as far as I know. After the cleaning they went from 62 milliliters per second to 67 and from a poor spray pattern to an optimal spray pattern. For you High Mileage guys - old dirty injectors might be robbing you of some power. The going rate is around $30 for each injector. YMMV.

I've got 145,000 on my 92. I bought it with 18,000 on the meter. It still looks and drives like new. I think this tells you that a car can be designed and built that lasts if you have good design and use good material to build it.

whwnsx said:
I've got 145,000 on my 92. I bought it with 18,000 on the meter. It still looks and drives like new. I think this tells you that a car can be designed and built that lasts if you have good design and use good material to build it.
True enough. I only have 50K miles on my NSX, but I have a 94 Integra as my DB. It has 250K miles and is going strong. If anything gets it, it will be the steel body. The tin worm is trying to get it...so far unsuccessfully, but in the end it always wins. It has required nothing beyond regular maintainence, gas mileage as new, no oil needs to be added between changes. The only thing truly worn out is the side bolster in the leather seat.
Honda, you have a serious problem...your side bolsters wear out!!!:smile:

Red '91, 49,500-ish

Back