• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Top 10 Reasons California Is Better Than Texas

+1

My wife is from California. I love to visit but I'd hate to live there. Oh, and never mind the 10% extra the government is borrowing from you (interest free?) because "they need it". And the pollution. And the traffic. And the cost of real estate. And the general cost of living. And the fact that they even have state taxes. And the fact they're so deep in the hole they'll never get out (they don't have the stones to do something truly tough - balance their budget regardless of the consequences!).

I'll stick with Texas, thanks.

Hard to believe anyone who likes to modify their car would choose California over anyplace else. CARB anyone?

+1, I would never live there for that reason alone. Who wants to get harassed just because you have a modded car. Also whats with the crappy low octane gas.

I like California but there are too many people there.

Then u haven't really traveled to all of CA.

It's a VERY large state. Equal to many NE states put together.

Ur thinking of the metro areas. There are gradients near and outside of that.

+1

My wife is from California. I love to visit but I'd hate to live there. Oh, and never mind the 10% extra the government is borrowing from you (interest free?) because "they need it". And the pollution. And the traffic. And the cost of real estate. And the general cost of living. And the fact that they even have state taxes. And the fact they're so deep in the hole they'll never get out (they don't have the stones to do something truly tough - balance their budget regardless of the consequences!).

I'll stick with Texas, thanks.

Like owning a NSX, not everyone can or should be able to afford one.

California's mountains and trees are more well endowed than TX........

C014SequoiaGroup.jpg

shasta.jpg

Like owning a NSX, not everyone can or should be able to afford one.

California's mountains and trees are more well endowed than TX........

C014SequoiaGroup.jpg

shasta.jpg

Eh.. I can visit for that, which is exactly what I did/do.

Then u haven't really traveled to all of CA.

It's a VERY large state. Equal to many NE states put together.

Ur thinking of the metro areas. There are gradients near and outside of that.

I like warm weather and every place in Califorina I have been that is warm year round is packed. I have never been in North California so I don't know what that is like. I recently met a guy from Big Bear and he says that area of California is much like where I live now in NY.

BTW, I lived in Austin Texas for a short time and I really liked Austin! Party town USA. Auditorium shores was the BOMB!

Last edited:
I like warm weather and every place in Califorina I have been that is warm year round is packed. I have never been in North California so I don't know what that is like. I recently met a guy from Big Bear and he says that area of California is much like where I live now in NY.

BTW, I lived in Austin Texas for a short time and I really liked Austin! Party town USA. Auditorium shores was the BOMB!

That's my boy steve.. you are welcome any time my friend.

Everything in CA is expensive. The sale taxes in some cities are almost 10%. You can live here, but I would not suggest to raise your kids here - public schools are below standard. It used to be on the top in late 80's and early 90's.

Last edited:
......but I would not suggest to raise your kids here - public schools are below standard. It used to be on the top in late 80's and early 90's.

I disagree.

what city do you live in?

The API scores in my 'hood are past the 950 range (outta 1000).

Los Altos, CA

those hicks down in Houston that "claim" they put a man on the moon!

Yup.. and I just bet that some of that gasoline that's refined in the Houston area probably finds its way to CA and that's why there's all that smog...
If you can provide hard evidence that Houston was the hub of all aeronautical engineering at the time, I will conceed that claim, but from the looks of it, the only reason JSC exists in Houston is due to the Mexican revolution (First Aero squadrons sent to TX due to fear of Mexican revolution spilling onto US soil). I will not bring up the amount of Aerospace companies located in CA.

As for the smog issue, that would be due to population. It is also the reason you see 91 gas in CA and the advancement of hybrid/electric cars. California has the strictest emission standards but that is for the good of the environment. If you care to debate that point then maybe you would be better suited to have a discussion with someone who is more like minded...may I suggest Sarah Palin?

FALSE: I know a lot about current rap songs and made anything more than a humorous generalization meant to be taken seriously.
TRUE: Unless you provide a comprehensive list that will be extremely time consuming to produce, I will stand behind my statement that although Houston is making a name for itself, California is by far where most rappers like to call home and the place they prefer to discuss in their songs (don't underestimate my rap knowledge, although I admit I haven't listened to anything main stream in years except on accident or in clubs).
Quick screen shot of the top 30 Hip-Hop/Rap albums from iTunes. If you still "know" your rappers, then you will see that the MAJORITY of them are all from either the east coast or south. Dr.De is the only artist up there from the California.

charts.jpg

+1, I would never live there for that reason alone. Who wants to get harassed just because you have a modded car. Also whats with the crappy low octane gas.
Jersey = Arm pit of America, guido's & jaeger bombs!

30% of smog is attributed to BBQ. Lot's of Texans do just that.

GuidoOompa.jpg

Those kids wouldn't last too long around these here parts I reckon.

If you care to debate that point then maybe you would be better suited to have a discussion with someone who is more like minded...may I suggest Sarah Palin?

ACCD.. if you don't like California, you must share your views on the environment with Sarah Palin. Just thought that I'd run that by you, since apparently California's residents have decided this. Just the cockiness in this thread would almost keep me from living in California.

Some how I don't think it's the case any more. People are leaving California, illegals are leaving California, small businesses are leaving California, Corporations are moving their headquarters out of California.

No. 9 -- Big States Don't Cry

When shit hits the fan, they just tax more.

No. 8 -- Our Waistlines Are Under Control

Cosmetic surgery is a very powerful tool!

No. 7 -- Hit the Beach

Yeah right, if you live in east part of California, you're in a desert. If you live south of Santa Barbara, you're basically out of luck.

No. 6 -- World's Toughest Governor

Yes, that's why you have a Youtube video of him with a big knife. That makes him really tough.

No. 5 -- We Have Options

Going to Mexico, why? Going to Vegas... Who? Going to SF from LA... Right...

No. 4 -- Plenty of Eye Candy

I beg the differ, Texas have just as many beautiful girls as California, and California have just as many fat chicks as Texas (ratio wise). You only get eye candies in S Cal beach cities. ten minutes east, you're screwed. Just to hang out in Santa Ana, Garden Grove, Westminster, Stanton, Anaheim, etc.

No. 3 -- We Actually Invent Stuff

We no longer make movies in California, just ask Canada. Companies are moving away from Cali, another ten years you will see more companies leaving the state.

No. 2 -- It's All About the Weather

Earth Quicks!

No. 1 -- California Isn't Home to George W. Bush

Since we gave Reagan? What happen since? Now we gave them Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Boxer, Henry Waxman, Dian Finstein? No thanks, I take GWB back over this jack asses.

I disagree.

what city do you live in?

The API scores in my 'hood are past the 950 range (outta 1000).

Los Altos, CA

Los Altos, Fremont and some other cities ( rich neighborhoods have better students) do have a better scores. In general, overall of the CA state is below the standard. It ranks 48th out of 50 states US.

I live in Chico of CA

I'm 44 and I was born and raised in So-Cal. The California when I was a kid was paradise...just like The Beach Boys sang about. Lots of open spaces and fields, the smell of orange blossums at dusk (Why do you think it's called "Orange County"), and when you went to the beach, you could park for free and have plenty of space on the sand. That's all gone now. Ca. is now way too crowded and overtaxed/regulated. Too much immigration is to blame, but my mom was an immigrant herself, so I can't be a hypocrite. Also, w/ immigration comes diversity...which is a good thing. If you want to take a Persian chick to a Laotion restaurant, and then go salsa dancing, Ca. can't be beat. The diversity of Ca. itself is awesome. Mountains, deserts, and coastline....you can go surfing and skiing on the same day. As far as Texas goes, my only real experience is the south corner of the State (Harlingen, McAllen...my ex wife was from Tamulipas) and I liked it very much. Also, Texas leads the nation in executions...which is cool.

Los Altos, Fremont and some other cities ( rich neighborhoods have better students) do have a better scores. In general, overall of the CA state is below the standard. It ranks 48th out of 50 states US.

I live in Chico of CA

Sorry, but Fremont is NOT what I consider a "rich 'hood".

It's middle class, at best. More like the average of Los Angeles.

Rich areas in the SF Bay Area is mostly in the Penninsula, not East Bay and most of the South Bay.

Here are some examples:

Los Altos (Hills)
Woodside
Atherton
Palo Alto
Portola Valley
Mountain View is getting better, certainly better than Fremont.

South Bay:
Cupertino
Los gatos (towards hills and downtown area)
Saratoga
Monte Sereno

The rich and high API score neighborhoods tend to vote Republican (except Palo Alto which is where Stanford is at)

Last edited:
New yourk is the best state, we have super high taxes, idiots everywhere, freezing ass cold in the winter, short summers. Top that Cali people!

Back