• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Top 10 Reasons California Is Better Than Texas

New yourk is the best state, we have super high taxes, idiots everywhere, freezing ass cold in the winter, short summers. Top that Cali people!

Don't forget home to the nation's most liked industry!

Like owning a NSX, not everyone can or should be able to afford one.

California's mountains and trees are more well endowed than TX........

C014SequoiaGroup.jpg

shasta.jpg

I guess that makes up for the men, huh?

Ever try to buy an AR15 in California? How about a hi-cap pistol? Not saying you don't have guns, just not the good ones.

I have an ar, in cali, its bad A$$. I love cali, but hate our economic situation. I have never been to other states really so i cant really judge texas. As for our carb laws, meet some cop friends :)

There's no crime to speak of in my neighborhood,
no traffic,
clean air,
national-park-class scenery outside my windows,
my house was affordable,
my well water tastes great,
and the weather is fine.

California is more than just the urban areas.

Any state that puts someone like Pelosi in office deserves what they get!

I like to visit California, but it would be the last state I would ever think of living.

+1.

I've got family in Cali.

Nice place to visit and the weather during the winter months can't be beat, but I can't put up with all the fruits and nuts.

Who woulda thought...the most liberal state with the highest taxes....is also the worst of fiscally? :rolleyes:

Nice place to visit and the weather during the winter months can't be beat, but I can't put up with all the fruits and nuts.
:rolleyes:

Who woulda thought...the most liberal state with the highest taxes....is also the worst of fiscally? :rolleyes:
First off, CA doesn't have the highest taxes.

Second, CA was hit harder than other states partly because its tax monies come more from sources that rise and fall along with the economy. A smaller proportion of our tax revenue comes from property taxes (which are more stable) than is typical for other states.

I'm talking State income tax....and at 10.55...its the second highest....:rolleyes:

Second, CA was hit harder than other states partly because its tax monies come more from sources that rise and fall along with the economy. A smaller proportion of our tax revenue comes from property taxes (which are more stable) than is typical for other states.

Oh, you mean it's not because of all the entitlement programs the state pays out? :rolleyes:

Oh, you mean it's not because of all the entitlement programs the state pays out? :rolleyes:
I meant what I said. The plot is thicker than just gee-they-spend-lots-of-money.

My yearly property tax is under one-half percent the value of my house. That's a lot less than it was on a house I had in New York.

Last edited:
I meant what I said. There plot is thicker than just gee-they-spend-lots-of-money.

Not really....get a look at their tax revenues. :eek:

My yearly property tax is under one-half percent the value of my house. That's a lot less than it was on a house I had in New York.

Think that might be because a million bucks buys you a garage in the bay area? :biggrin:

More like a million $$$ will buy ya superior climate.

Right now it's 75F outside.

Right Now for
Austin, TX (78758)
Save Location [ English | Metric ]
Download Now Free Desktop Weather

Sunny
76°F
Feels Like
76°F

I don't know BATMAN you are starting to split hairs here.. it's already November... only two months of "winter" left here.

If CA is so great, then why are so many of these people flocking to my stupid state? (UTAH)

They complain about Cali while all the Texas transplants talk about how much they love Texas.

If CA is so great, then why are so many of these people flocking to my stupid state? (UTAH)

They complain about Cali while all the Texas transplants talk about how much they love Texas.

that's another thread on people that can't hack it in CA and exit..........

More like a million $$$ will buy ya superior climate.

Right now it's 75F outside.

Bumper to bumper traffic, smog, and Pelosi breathing down your neck? I wouldn't call that superior climate, my friend. :eek:

Oh - it's 72F here in Cincy, too. :biggrin:

Back