• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

top speed

Synthesis said:
yeah, but it'd be nice for it to take off on the straights like that....

somebody should strip down the nsx to 1000 lbs and slap a turbod busa engine in it hehe

I've actually given thought to throwing in a twin turboed Busa V8 motor in an NSX. No doubt it would fit and I can only imagine the insane HP numbers it could produce. Running one at 600 or 700 HP wouldn't even be straining it. Unlike an NSX motor which is 2 nanoseconds away from implosion at any time with any type of FI.:)

hv8.jpg

Do a search on Google for "busa v8" and you'll get some very interesting reading.

Hugh said:
Oh pullleaaazzeeeee.....

Even if the space shuttle took your NSX into orbit and released it from the cargo bay just as it were re-entering Earth's atmosphere it still wouldn't go 162 mph. :biggrin:

Yea, okay, well, I was there and it was real. No need to lie about speed on my end. I greatly enjoyed the moment :biggrin:

MiamiMermaid said:
Yea, okay, well, I was there and it was real. No need to lie about speed on my end. I greatly enjoyed the moment :biggrin:

It was a joke! By the way, is your phone still broken? :biggrin:
You still need to go for a ride on the Busa. Then you'll know what fast really is. But now we have to wait till I'm back in one piece.

168 the first night I owned it. Many moons ago we did a top speed pull on our dyno(Dynojet) with Devins car(pre any FI mods), if I remember correctly it was 179. I can check to see if anyone wants to know for sure.

Elite said:
168 the first night I owned it. Many moons ago we did a top speed pull on our dyno(Dynojet) with Devins car(pre any FI mods), if I remember correctly it was 179. I can check to see if anyone wants to know for sure.

At redline with no wind resistance the top speed should be around 186 MPH or 300 KmH, so a reading of 179 on a dyno is definitely well within reason.

Cool deal. A Brit NSX board! Never knew it was there. They're gonna love having me hanging around. :)
We need to invite them over for NSXPO.

ctrlaltdelboy said:
there's a similar discussion to this thread going on over on the British forum - if anyone's interested it's here
http://nsxcb.co.uk/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=1582
wow I'm duly impressed. In a country where most people don't have cars (thanks to the great subway system in London), you've got 5 cars. very impressive!!

NsXMas said:
wow I'm duly impressed. In a country where most people don't have cars (thanks to the great subway system in London), you've got 5 cars. very impressive!!

LOL - there's probably 2-3 cars per household here in the UK, although this does cause major problems in the many areas of Victorian terraces built 100+ years ago, where no provision was ever made to accommodate them and there simply isn't anywhere but the narrow streets for them to get parked :(

anyway, I have since sold the Prelude, the Skyline and the S2000

(man I miss that S2000 :( )

165+ mph.

At the track.

On the Ducati.

Not read off the highly inaccurate speedometer.

5 points and a $530 dollar fine. Had to attend driving school classes for 6 weeks. I was very lucky and won't do that again...:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

i hit 140 going across the Harvey Taylor bridge in HGB, PA today at lunch and my windows were whistling.... how do I explain that to the dealership to have them "align" them????

My best is 165 for pretty much over a 10-15 minute stretch riding my CBR to Rocky Point in Mexico... muy rapido por seguro!

In the X- 140 mph, didn't want to push it...

ive hit 150 numerous times but 162 is my highest, i want to max it out on the dyno but im scared theres not enough cooling going on and i dont want to pop the motors :frown: . on another note i did 140 with the windows down the other night. That makes it so much more of a rush.

i'm gonna be driving back to ny soon.... i know i'm going to have the urge/opportunity to break 140/50.

and i know what your'e talking about with the windows down.... i've done about a buck 25 with the windows down..... awesome feeling :smile: makes me wanna get a bike that much more

I got clocked at 128 on my bike (I slowed down from 167). They hauled me to jail. They probably wouldn't have taken me to jail if they didn't chase me for 20 miles. I didn't even know they were there, they never got within a half mile of me (this all took place on a desert road). I was oblivious to the situation until I stoped for gas and 5 minutes later 3 - 4 cop cars pulled up around me.

Thankfully they ran out of room in jail as they had a whole bunch of drunk drivers and crazy people getting arrested (Friday night in Laughlin). They released me and when I showed up for my for my court date the charges were conviently lost... (I'm pretty sure it was the cops being cool).

Total cost $300 for impound, 0 points.

Getting arrested sucks, I keep try to keep it under arrest me speeds.

nsxlover said:
5 points and a $530 dollar fine. Had to attend driving school classes for 6 weeks. I was very lucky and won't do that again...:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

In my NSX, appx 172mph. Fastest overall for me was 192 in BBeckert's supercharged Venom600 RT-10 Viper. (With the top off) Talk about "wind noise"...yikes. This was relatively tame for him though...he has a turbo Hyabusa and has recorded 254 on GPS...now that's getting on with the program!

Back