• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Trouble with Prospeed RDX and ECU upgrade

Not only is there more power but my fuel economy on the freeway was 27 mpg in a 5 speed. I don't get that since the transmission swap, it is more like 21-22 now.

I am currently setting up a fuel injector testing rig to get the dead time and flow rates of the RDX injectors down to the microsecond. I will share this information with Brian at prospeed once it's in stone.

-Matt

Good luck and please keep us posted.

Doc, the RDX injectors are nothing new and have been well proven in the performance area. The 12 hole vectored design of the injector (not unique to RDX injectors) leads to better atomization which in turns leads to better efficiency and more power from the engine. The proof is in the dyno's, the car is making more power while the A/F ratio remains just about the same. Also, the cost of buying a new RDX injector (~$45) is only marginally higher than an injector cleaning service.

Again this is not unique to the NSX, I showed a 10hp/12tq gain on the Legend, and the K series tuners have been using them for a performance increase 3 years before they even showed up on the NSX scene.

I am currently setting up a fuel injector testing rig to get the dead time and flow rates of the RDX injectors down to the microsecond. I will share this information with Brian at prospeed once it's in stone.

-Matt

Any updates on this?

Back