• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Unoffical Berlina BLACK NSX Thread

808NA1 said:
TurboLexus, nice Volks. What size are they?

Thx, 17x8 and 18x10, 215/40 and 275/35 S03's.
- Jon

mikeh said:
snapped these this morning and figured i'd add to the thread:

-mike

Mike,

The car looks fantastic!

I think you have convinced me to get a set of those side skirts... What are they? Wings West?

I love the fact that it does not depart from the original look too much and allows an extra intake for the rear...

How do they compare to the factory originals? Does it reduce clearance by much?

Appreciate your advice Mike...

AU_NSX said:
Mike,

The car looks fantastic!

I think you have convinced me to get a set of those side skirts... What are they? Wings West?

I love the fact that it does not depart from the original look too much and allows an extra intake for the rear...

How do they compare to the factory originals? Does it reduce clearance by much?

Appreciate your advice Mike...

Hey Michael,

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, they are Wings West skirts. They were installed by the previous owner, and to be quite honest-- when I purchased the car, I had planned to remove them immediately (before I seen it in person) because I really like the original lines of the car. But, after I seen it in person, and drove it home.. I was sold on the skirts. They definitely seem to fit the original look&feel of the car.

They are about an inch or so lower than the factory skirts. With the current ride-height on the car, I regularly hit them on curbs (when i try to angle out of a steep driveway etc, and the front wheel goes off the edge of the curb), or over tall speed bumps. The skirts seem pretty sturdy, the only thing it appears to be doing is scuffing the paint on the bottom edge.... I can live with that. :)

I like the fact that alot of people who have seen NSX's around, but never spent much time around them can't tell if the skirts are oem or aftermarket.

I'm planning to build some removable extensions to the bottoms of each skirt, purely for track days.. but thats step #81 and I'm still on #7. :)

Cheers!

edit: spelling!

-mike

Last edited:
That thing must be pretty darn low Mike, i've never scraped my ww skirts.

- Jon

Here's mine

8317P1010005-med.JPG

:biggrin:

Hi

I hope that you can add wheel adapters or spacers to that NSX in GT4.

It needs to get those wheels further out from underneath there.

Regards

gheba_nsx said:
Exactely my thoughts martin! :p

Have you first started to notice, every NSX without wheeladapters looks corny :frown:

Regards

martin said:
Have you first started to notice, every NSX without wheeladapters looks corny :frown:

Regards

I wouldn't agree with that statement.

I am not sure how clear these are...
Camera seems to be taking blurry photos...
I will try to put better photos on soon.
1991 Black/Black w/ 2002 wheels
19,000 miles
Tein lowering springs (but not shown in the photo, this photo was before the springs were installed)
Engine aethetics...

11199DSC00323_1_-med.JPG
[/IMG]

11199Engine_Bay_-_Car2_011.jpg
[/IMG]

11199Engine_Bay_-_Car2_015.jpg
[/IMG]

11199Engine_Bay_-_Car2_013.jpg
[/IMG]

11199Engine_Bay_-_Car2_012.jpg
[/IMG]

Back