• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Upcoming nsx group drive.

Well, now I'm kinda hoping for bad weather and another re-schedule because if it goes off tomorrow, I won't be able to make it...I will be in Houston this weekend.

Banzai'ing to Houston by NSX after work this evening!

The drive for this saturday the 22nd is cancelled. I thought long and hard on this before deciding i'd rather not have any threat of rain or worse on this drive. I am not rescheduling this for the time being, it just seems like a bad time right now. I apologize to those of you that were really looking forward to this, i will continue to plan other events/drives for the future.

I understand - better safe than sorry. No one wants their precious NSX skidding off the road into a fence, or some such. We'll make it there soon :smile:

Well, count me back in then for when it gets reset for...

Considering at this point April 19th to try and do this drive, I will update this post within a few days. The S2000's had a few people do the drive which they said was mostly dry. They said they had a great time and was incident free. They did however see a new Corvette that had lost control and hit a road sign. Ouch!

We will try this again. The drive will take place on April 19th which is a saturday, we again will meet at Town East Mall in the Northwest parking lot at 8:00 am and leave at approximately 8:20am for our starting point.

Town East Mall location:
https://maps.google.com/maps?client=...d=0CJMBEPwSMAs

This was the previous sign up list, please post if I need to add or delete anyone.

1. Vanishing Point +1
2. Speed6 +1
3. cbrf2racer +1
4. GBL1 (Top Speed Auto) +1
5. clean_green
6. dirtiehippie
7. payam972 + 1
8. devin +1

Last edited:
Looks like I can make this date!

This date is looking good for me!
Count me in...

1. Vanishing Point +1
2. Speed6 +1
3. cbrf2racer +1
5. clean_green
6. dirtiehippie
7. payam972 + 1
8. devin +1
9. Single Samurai +1

Count me in!
You have been added ... +1, Hope she can make it too!
Looks like most of us will have the Bosses with us too! LOL:biggrin:

1. Vanishing Point +1
2. Speed6 +1
3. cbrf2racer +1
5. clean_green
6. dirtiehippie
7. payam972 + 1
8. devin +1
9. Single Samurai +1
10. REDNA2X +1

Looks good for me...

You have been added ... +1, Hope she can make it too!
Looks like most of us will have the Bosses with us too! LOL:biggrin:

1. Vanishing Point +1
2. Speed6 +1
3. cbrf2racer +1
5. clean_green
6. dirtiehippie
7. payam972 + 1
8. devin +1
9. Single Samurai +1
10. REDNA2X +1

Haven't asked the boss to come, but will bring someone!

I'll have to see when this date gets close, still have mod to finish up & hopefully weather is good too.

Don't wait too long people to sign up for this drive, I will be closing the sign up list at 16 cars. So as soon as we reach that figure I will start a contingency list separately should any of the sixteen drop out.

The S2000's have there own run groups, in fact they will leave ahead of us. I figure they will clean the highways and byways of any gendarmes for us.

I'm going to have to be a maybe for now. The suspicious metal squealing/rubbing sound coming from behind the timing belt cover on the front cylinder bank got worse on Saturday. Need to sort out whether it is something I can fix or if it needs to go to Goodson. :|

- Chris

I'm going to have to be a maybe for now. The suspicious metal squealing/rubbing sound coming from behind the timing belt cover on the front cylinder bank got worse on Saturday. Need to sort out whether it is something I can fix or if it needs to go to Goodson. :|

- Chris

Pulley bearing?

Updated April 2nd. THIS DRIVE WILL BE LIMITED TO SIXTEEN CARS.

The drive will take place on April 19th which is a saturday, we again will meet at Town East Mall in the Northwest parking lot at 8:00 am and leave at approximately 8:20am for our starting point at Tanger Mall, Terrell. There are several refueling service stations near Tanger Mall, do fill up as this drive is 150 miles approx. in length.

Town East Mall location:
https://maps.google.com/maps?client...72&ei=0R1MU8WrNOez8AH6mYDABw&ved=0CJABEPwSMA4

If you miss us at the Northeast Mall or just wish to meet us at Tanger Mall.
https://maps.google.com/maps?client...84&ei=CCA8U76eE-yxsAS9_4GwAQ&ved=0CKkBEPwSMAs

This was the previous sign up list, please post if I need to add or delete anyone.

1. Vanishing Point +1
2. Speed6 +1
3. cbrf2racer +1
5. clean_green
6. dirtiehippie
7. payam972 + 1
8. devin +1
9. Single Samurai +1
10. RedNA2X +1

Last edited:
I'm thinking it's something like a tensioner or pully bearing. Figure if they have to pull it apart, might as well do the TB/WP service at the same time.

- Chris

Chris, mine was an ac pulley bearing, it took the late Steve Gooding 10 mins to replace, hope yours is that way. Good luck keep us posted.

Tried again to pinpoint where it's coming from. Could be the main accessory pulley. Noisy down there in the wheel well so I'm not certain.

Time to pull out the service manual. I should be able to pull the accessory belt and give each part a good spin by hand. If it's not something there then it's behind the timing belt cover. possibly more digging!... or off to Goodson.

Should know more after this weekend one way or another.

- Chris

Link, next time we're hanging out the beers are on me!

Tensioner pulley is sitting on my workbench with a bad bearing. Looks like an aftermarket replacement for the stock one, as it is. Should be easy enough to track down a replacement and it it back together before the end of the week.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys! I'm really happy it turned out to be something I can fix. Always prefer doing the easy/moderate wrenching myself if I am able.

- Chris

Updated April 12th. THIS DRIVE WILL BE LIMITED TO SIXTEEN CARS.

The drive will take place on April 19th which is a saturday, we again will meet at Town East Mall in the Northwest parking lot at 8:00 am and leave at approximately 8:20am for our starting point at Tanger Mall, Terrell. There are several refueling service stations near Tanger Mall, do fill up as this drive is 150 miles approx. in length. If the long range forecast can be trusted Saturday looks to be great! Only one week away!

Town East Mall location:
https://maps.google.com/maps?client...37372&ei=2oxMU4rbNayA2QWcpIDoBQ&ved=0CIkBEPwS

If you miss us at the Northeast Mall or just wish to meet us at Tanger Mall.
https://maps.google.com/maps?client...84&ei=TY1MU8zqOOmV2QXaiYHwDg&ved=0CKwBEPwSMAo

1. Vanishing Point +1
2. Speed6 +1
3. cbrf2racer +1
5. clean_green
6. dirtiehippie
7. payam972 + 1
8. devin +1
9. Single Samurai +1
10. RedNA2X +1

Last edited:
Back