• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Vinyl Wrap Party!

So thanks to Vrooom's awesome group buy >> http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154373&highlight=vinyl

NA1/2-R_GT and I are going to get in on some awesome quality vinyl. DIY'ing the install may seem like a daunting task. However, if we get enough sets of hands and brains I am sure we can get it figured out. So if you've been on the fence about vinyl and don't want to pay $5k+ to get wrapped or give it a shot by yourself then this is the perfect opportunity :biggrin:. Of course, if you don't want to wrap your own car but want to see how it goes and learn how to do it for the future you are more than welcome to come along! Cars + Fellow Primers + Beer + Grub + Changing color of a car for < $500....Sounds like fun to me:cool:.

Location and timeframe will be set after the material is ordered. Come on, you know you wanna do this, it'll be fun :)

So thanks to Vrooom's awesome group buy >> http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154373&highlight=vinyl

NA1/2-R_GT and I are going to get in on some awesome quality vinyl. DIY'ing the install may seem like a daunting task. However, if we get enough sets of hands and brains I am sure we can get it figured out. So if you've been on the fence about vinyl and don't want to pay $5k+ to get wrapped or give it a shot by yourself then this is the perfect opportunity :biggrin:. Of course, if you don't want to wrap your own car but want to see how it goes and learn how to do it for the future you are more than welcome to come along! Cars + Fellow Primers + Beer + Grub + Changing color of a car for < $500....Sounds like fun to me:cool:.

Location and timeframe will be set after the material is ordered. Come on, you know you wanna do this, it'll be fun :)

So after you are done are you going to come down to SoCal and show us how?:wink:

I think all it takes is some manually texterity ability and we can have an instant color change...:) and enjoy the comaradery at the same time.
SFDreamer and I would like to get more local NW guys to do it with us. Then once we are efficient at it we can talk about travel to other locations...J/K:redface:

GUYS, you meant me, SFDreamer, Charles and grtahoang? yeah, it is pathetic sometimes for the NW NSX crowd can't barely do something once a summer.
I wish I lived in the Bay Area.:biggrin:

yes.............you SFDreamer, Charles and grthoang. I know there is at least 1 Primer in the Bay Area that I'm pretty sure knows how to do this. I'm not going to call him out but if he organized a "Vinyl Warp" party that would be very cool. Be sure to document with pics as several people including myself want to see how you do bumpers and other difficult areas. TIA

I'd like to wrap my new boat....I have no idea how to do this.

When and where?

So after you are done are you going to come down to SoCal and show us how?:wink:

You know me! Always willing to share knowledge of something...if I have it :biggrin:

Yes, let me know when and where. I want to try flat white.

Fantastic, are you going to get in on Vrooom's group buy then? Are you going to do the NSX?

I'd like to wrap my new boat....I have no idea how to do this.

When and where?

Sweet! It is TBD for the time being, but I personally would like to get done before Dec 20th.

I am sure this will be lots of fun and a GREAT learning experience!

Fantastic, are you going to get in on Vrooom's group buy then? Are you going to do the NSX?

Yes, will do the NSX. I have to repaint the front bumper first because of rock chips before I wrap it. Always wanted a white NSX.
But I can stop by to help and learn as we go.

I'll come hang out and learn something new if I'm not busy the day you schedule it. My neighbor wrapped his trunk with a carbon fiber print vinyl and it looked pretty good.

I'm not quite brave enough to pull the trigger on my own car, but if you want someone there as an extra hand/beer holder/emotional support I'd love to watch this :biggrin:

EDIT: This part has me worried as I look outside at this weather
I would not recommend trying to install it with an ambient temp' of less than 70 deg'.

Last edited:
I'm not quite brave enough to pull the trigger on my own car, but if you want someone there as an extra hand/beer holder/emotional support I'd love to watch this :biggrin:

EDIT: This part has me worried as I look outside at this weather

Absolutely, the more the merrier! I am not brave enough to work on the mechanics of the car...but will gladly give aesthetics a shot.

*BTW* Guinea pig vehicle is my Black E63 M6. Which I am thinking SHOULD be easier than the NSX to do.

We can try to do it in a heated garage...:)

Option 1: Heated Garage
Option 2: Bring 2-3 Space Heaters

Either way will work just fine.

I'll come help and hang out too.:smile:

Heck yeah, that's what I am talking about!

Depending on how well it goes I wonder about the possibility of a Gutless Folks Round 2 group buy

He probably won't know until after the 1st round if he wants to deal with it lol. But he is doing everyone a favor, so I could see him doing it again.

Back