• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Viper gets more looks than nsx

AndyH, those videos were interesting except there's no fighting which is a huge let down. :p i guess this is what happens when boys buy men's cars. But seriously, those kind of video's start flame wars... (not ur fault) so i hope nobody here starts a z06 flame war... or the troll patrol will rip them a new one. ;)

Troll Patrol said:
Always watching out for the friendly inhabitants of the Prime forest. ;)

LOL... with an skull&crossbones avatar?!?! ROFL :D
it's ok... i'm friendly... I know you, the Forums Nazi and Mr.Wolf are always watching. :D

Now back to the topic... ;)

My experience with Vipers is this:

People look at them for about 2 seconds and go "wow, its a Viper" Then they quickly come to the NSX and go "Wow, what exactly is that? how fast is it? how big is the engine? its in the middle of the car?? how much did it cost..........?"

So yes, the viper may get the first look, but in my experience, the NSX got the lasting looks and many more compliments in the long run.

I'm still thinkin about adding a Viper to my barn though alongside the NSX and the Xtreme.

You have to respect the viper for what it is. If it's in the hands of a good driver it will kill most anything on a track not the 1/4. I was in a stock viper with slicks and that car is unreal. Also this past weekend I was at the drag strip and a viper ran a 12.0 at 134mph. The 12 was not that great but 134mph is UNREAL. That car was a twin turbo. :D

Man...I wanted a Viper so badly...I know, I know....all my friends had said it, and I'm sure alot of you are thinking the same thing....Rich Rednech Penis mobile..

I still love it and will own one one day....just waiting for the depreceation etc..

My prediction is the next generartion NSX will "get more looks"
than the 2nd generation Viper. The new Viper has alienated alot
of people with it's subtler (and IMHO better styling) while the HSC is extremely exotic looking. "Rich redneck" vs. "ferrari-wannabe"
comments aside, I don't think there's alot of people cross-shopping Vipers and NSX's. Pretty much, apples and oranges, or in this case, sledgehammers vs. scalpels.

My 2 closest friends both have Vipers. One is a 96 GTS and the other is a 96 RT10. I've driven both cars on many occasions including the drag strip. The GTS will easily run 12.20's with a good driver in stock trim with stock rubber. Add a few simple mods and it don't take much to break into the 11's.
As far as reliability goes, both have been very good cars, especially the RT10 which gets flogged almost daily. I easily could have bought a Viper when I started looking for the NSX, but what I really like about the NSX is that you just don't see many. Vipers are becoming almost a daily thing. With all respect however, the Viper is certainly one awsome machine. It's so different than anything I've ever driven or owned. Damn fast with even a novice driver. The NSX is just a much more refined car. You can relax when you sit behind the wheel in the NSX, but the Viper is rather crude by comparison when your behind the wheel. But I love that muscular feel of the Viper. I sometimes wish I would have gotten the Viper instead, but than again if I want to release some aggression, I just drive the ZR-1 for a couple of hours. It's almost as quick as the Viper RT10. I've run 12.60's in the ZR-1.
I just love cars in gerneral and find many to be quite enjoyable. You don't have to knock Vettes, Vipers, or any other make to make yourself feel better about the NSX. Someone will always have a bigger and better #$%!#@% no matter what you prefer to drive. I like to give anyone a wave if they are driving a special interest automobile, be it a Ford, Dodge, Chevy, etc, whatever. I've learned to appreciate a little bit of everything.

Viper vs. NSX will generally get different looks for different reasons.

Viper: Every average person knows what a Viper is, it's big, loud, aggressive, and mean. Damn right everyone looks at it!

NSX: Average person doesn't know what it is, so if anything it's like a hmm what's that. It still looks cool and mysterious but it's not like oooooh it's an NSX because it was never marketed like a Viper was or has the HP. The only major props you'll get are from Honda/Acura owners that know what the car is about :p but who cares really...

The fact that the Viper is a domestic supercar has a lot to do with it; people know Dodge. How else can people buy into marketing crap like that new "Hemi" campaign. My god people its a damn combustion chamber design, and a lot of motors use it that aren't even dodges. It's not that special. Whatever sells cars I guess.

LeftLane said:
Moped = Anna Nicole Smith

Both fun to ride until a friend sees you! :D

AHHAHAHAH

OMG I busted out laughing here.:D

Well, I can tell you, although I get a few heads turned with my NSX, people's neck snap with my Viper. They are both loud and obnoxious, but here in MO, the Viper is an icon. The NSX is an unknown except to the import crowd. Each are fun in their own right.

Picture_062.jpg

Happy motoring,

Ben

Last year I was at a ice cream stand with my red NSX-T and a Red Viper GTS. Folks were awed by the Viper and could have cared less about my NSX. Young and old really seemed to enjoy checking that Viper out. It's a huge favorite.

beckertb said:
Well, I can tell you, although I get a few heads turned with my NSX, people's neck snap with my Viper. They are both loud and obnoxious, but here in MO, the Viper is an icon. The NSX is an unknown except to the import crowd. Each are fun in their own right.

Picture_062.jpg

Happy motoring,

Ben

Ben - with that Hennessy package, you're being quite literal when you say "people's necks snap"! That is one sweet looking Viper, and I'll bet it flat out screams. Nice!

Back