• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Well... she's finally leaving me. Time for a trip down memory lane.

Well, the day has finally come. I put my NSX up for sale a month or so ago when it came time to thinking about making "smart" decisions and eliminating some debt. Between trying to move to a new place next year, co-driving a shifter kart next autocross season and paying for that, and still wanting to make an attempt to actively attend track days, I decided that letting the NSX go would be the smartest financial decision for me.

As of yesterday, the car was paid for and is now just waiting shipment to Florida to be enjoyed by it's new owner, Prime member RyanR317. I figured I would throw up a thread here on Prime about how much I've enjoyed the past two+ years of NSX ownership. Just know this... I will be back. :D

So here it is! My two years of NSX in pictures (and maybe some videos :D)

A picture from the for sale ad that I saw for my soon-to-be NSX. Thought I'd have to travel far and wide to get an NSX I'd love, but this one happened to pop up in my back yard, only about 25 minutes from my house!

2980945874_c562e9ebee_o.jpg

First day of ownership! Really hoped that the rain that day wouldn't be an indication of how my ownership would go, and I'm happy to say, it wasn't. :) Just had to get a different set of wheels though...

3342343786_4824e7ac7a_b.jpg

One of the first things I did with the car (a month after I bought it) was take it to the dyno! Previous owner (was a dealer) told me it was stock other than the wheels, so I took his word for it. Come to find out later, the car actually had an HKS Exhaust and Comptech Headers! She made 253 rwhp that day.

3341514445_cb2d0e6b42_b.jpg

Got her out for one of the first times in '09... Went to the Nelson Art Gallery here in KC and snapped a few pics.

3282929171_da781e6faa_b.jpg

Saw a set of Volk AV3s on Prime and just had to pick them up! Always thought they were a classic wheel, ever since I wanted a set for my old 300ZX! Which, it just so happened to be the type of car I shot pics with the first time I snapped pics of the new wheels! Now if I could just get rid of that 4x4 status......

3339412387_75d30445ff_b.jpg

BC Coilovers! Now that's better...

3381448736_87c3c74236_b.jpg

First autoX event in the NSX in April of '09. Lord it was cold. Also, laughable moment as I bring my magnets and forget that they don't stick to aluminum. :D Wasn't honestly a fan of how the NSX was around the autoX course... a bit large and not as responsive as stuff I had driven in the past (Especially my S2K!)

3511574774_d52c35d406_o.jpg

In May, I got the car professionally detailed before I took a trip down to Branson, MO for the annual Branson Z Fest (Still a Z guy, despite not having one anymore).

3553989473_7cae1d5864_o.jpg

Before and after... pretty amazing stuff.

3554794248_c9871e2810_o.jpg

Another autoX event... note the freshly ordered static cling numbers. :D

3642514678_de5fe9412f_o.jpg

The 'ol girl all by herself, among 100+ Nissan Z's @ Z Fest.

3619047388_8eb1140f22_o.jpg

Pic with my new daily (at the time) looming in the background...

3805968551_eb0e29d622_b.jpg

Pic from July '09, shortly after my dad picked up his new weekend toy, a Nismo 370Z

3744521723_0a854c55c7_b.jpg

Another autoX event... This car is starting to make me smile more around the autoX course.

4383572973_5017d4a151_o.jpg

Letting a friend pilot my NSX during one of our KC Sports Car Cruises. The smile on his face was priceless. :D

3854776649_b25fd33e33_b.jpg

Same friend from above underneath my NSX, helping me put on my newly purchase AP-X Exhaust (Thanks Angus, still an amazing noise, even over a year later!)

4165539866_246cb60b1d_b.jpg

AP-X Exhaust Clip... oh my lord, I LOVE this thing.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oYoTM0jd9_A?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oYoTM0jd9_A?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Picked up another new daily while I had my NSX... :D Bought my old S2000 back this past April!

5186564912_2692a797a7_b.jpg

Photoshoot that a friend of mine did. I have canvas prints hanging up on the walls of these two shots... two of my fav shots of my car. Also note the new wheels, Work Emotion CR Kai's. Got bored with the Volks.

4743563135_cd9dd529ba_b.jpg

4743562281_748faeb9ba_b.jpg

Another great shot from a KC Japanese Sports Car Cruise

5163079485_728f60d979_b.jpg

Back to the dyno! This time she made 261 rwhp!

5185857189_047d0d32ea_b.jpg

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ar8MwpSug9k?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ar8MwpSug9k?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Next to last autoX event of the year... My brother's new daily driver CR-Z in the background.

5186484874_f1dd5293cf_b.jpg

And the last pics I've taken of her... November of this year.

5189688129_b3b52babb4_b.jpg

The sad thing is I won't even be here when the truck comes to pick her up. :( I've asked my father to snap a few pics of her getting loaded onto the trailer before she goes away. It's been an amazing two years, Prime! The NSX was/is by far and away my favorite car that I've ever owned. Sure, my 300ZXTT was faster in a straight line, yeah, my S2000 is probably a little bit more fun to drive, but NOTHING has delivered the same experience and feeling as I got when driving my NSX. Truly an awesome machine. I'm honored to able to say that I spent over two years with Japan's only true exotic car.

I'll still be lurking around because I'm sure that once I'm in a better place financially, I'll be hunting for the perfect replacement... :)

Enjoy her Ryan! I know I did! :)

I will! I'll post up some pics when I get her. Hopefully she comes by Friday, if not I won't see her until New Years :frown:.

I know the feeling, mine's supposed to be picked up New Years Day:frown:

I know the feeling, mine's supposed to be picked up New Years Day:frown:

Don't worry...I'll make sure my brother takes good care of her.

Enigma...beautiful car...you never had a bad set of wheels on that thing.:smile: Love the S2k as well...

Luckily I have another in the garage :biggrin:

They're both red...better make sure the zanardi doesn't "accidently" end up in the trailer. :wink: Seriously though, found the article in Honda Tuning and all I can say is WOW...about both cars.

Last edited:
Enigma - good story and good pics. Very nice and tasteful upgrades along the way! Yea, some of the cars I've sold I was glad to get rid of :smile: , but a few of them provided some sad bittersweet feelings. Sounds like you are doing the right thing at this time in your life, and yes, when it is right I'm sure you'll find another NSX in your future.

Good luck, and don't be a stranger on Prime! Jay

Good luck with school - you're young - there will be another and hopefully soon! All the best - by the way I love the second set of wheels. Very nice when it's clean that is. Will you get another black one when time comes?

LOL, I sold mine back in Dec. I lasted 10 months before I bought it back.:rolleyes: Fortunately it was to a close friend and he was kind enough to let it come home.:wink:

Good luck with school - you're young - there will be another and hopefully soon! All the best - by the way I love the second set of wheels. Very nice when it's clean that is. Will you get another black one when time comes?

I would certainly consider it! I feel like if I get another 91-94 (Well, 92-94 :D), I'd want to try and get GPW... Have always wanted a GPW NSX. I'm strangely attracted to Formula Red as well.

If I went with a 97+... who knows!

Now the question is, what should I pick up primers? I'm using my S2K as a track car and getting a new DD, but I'm deciding between a 05 BMW 330Ci ZHP and an 01 M5... CRAZY deal on an M5 at work (sub 15k), but it has 90k on it, where the 330ci has 74k... The maintenance on the M5 worries me, but it's less expensive than the ZHP (by $3800!).

I would certainly consider it! I feel like if I get another 91-94 (Well, 92-94 :D), I'd want to try and get GPW... Have always wanted a GPW NSX. I'm strangely attracted to Formula Red as well.

If I went with a 97+... who knows!

Now the question is, what should I pick up primers? I'm using my S2K as a track car and getting a new DD, but I'm deciding between a 05 BMW 330Ci ZHP and an 01 M5... CRAZY deal on an M5 at work (sub 15k), but it has 90k on it, where the 330ci has 74k... The maintenance on the M5 worries me, but it's less expensive than the ZHP (by $3800!).

M5! The E39 is another timeless design... sort of like the NSX... sort of.

Go for the M5 if you can afford the maintenance. It's a seriously great car and platform. I was very close to getting one (found a good deal) but passed simply because I didn't want to deal with the maintenance at the time (and I found one still in warranty). Read up on M5board to see all of the common issues/maintenance prices. Ha, you may end up taking that to the track!

And yeah, it's still pretty timeless. I admire it more than the E60 M5 (still a beast too).

Last edited:
Back