• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What are the odds?

Earlier this month, my neighborhood got a bit more interesting. I started seeing a black NSX and a black Civic SI parked in the guest parking lot of my Marina del Rey condo complex roughly around the same time that new neighbors moved into the townhouse whose garage practically faces into mine.

Well, just a week or two, my wife verified that our new neighbors are the owners of those cars. Today I met the wife of the NSX owner, but not the owner himself (he's out of town on business). She's my wife's age, he's a year older than me. What are the chances of THAT happening? Now I often get to see two NSXs when I open my garage door.
biggrin.gif

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

Originally posted by akira3d:
What are the chances of THAT happening? [/B]

There are approximately 280,000,000 people in the U.S. and I would guess about 4,000 NSX's so about 1 in every 70,000 people own an NSX in the U.S. Now if there are about 70 people that live in your complex then I guess that odds are about 1,000 to 1.

Now if you want to take into account the ages, it is way over my head to figure out the percentages!

Back