• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What did you do when you first get your NSX?

Watched It Drive By Me

When I bought my '91, I didn't know how to drive a manual transmission. So I brought a friend who did (little did I know ;)). After the title transaction, he wizzed past me on the highway at 120MPH! After a few lessons on his wife's Subaru, I coulden't help to hear the NSX calling me from the garage. I got in it an drove it around town (with a few stalls). It's been a love story ever since then :).

JAM

I bought the car after a thorough test drive. Then, I got on the FLA turnpike to head home and on the way, i was playing around with the shifting and testin the acceleration (big jump over a weighted down 98 gt auto!!!) and then it happened: my first race...a C4 vette from a 60mph. I didn't know I could drop it into 2nd at that speed and was afraid so in 3rd, we took off. He killed me. Then i caught back up and at 60 threw it in 2nd and the situation was reversed! :)

Then i wash/waxed/detailed it thoroughly!!!!!!

I went to pick mine up at the dearler where it was shipped. I was very exicted of course, but a little nervous at the same time because the day before I had found out my license was suspended! I already knew what it was(didn't have right address on file with DMV so didn't get a notice to respond about something).
It was funny cause the salesman was pushing me to drive it hard to see what it could do of course I wanted to but I didn't want to risk getting caught by a cop OH that would be very bad! So I drove it home pretty easy to say the least and put it in the garage. The next day my license was valid and took it out for a spin. And Yes I do the go downstairs and look in the garage and actually look at it and say WOW I finally got one of my own:D

Folks-

Picked the car up from the dealer mid-afternoon with the Mrs. She didn't really know how to get back home, so I said, "Just follow me.........." After the on-ramp, juiced it in 2nd.........never saw the Mrs. again!!!!!! When she got home 2 hours later, roaming aroun in south Jersey somewhere........I was MEAT for, "ditching her!" Then, went to show the Folks..........Mom said it was a "crazy" car because it was too low, only sat two, and she would have a tough time getting in and out. Dad said, "Good luck with the tickets!" Folks,............gotta love them!!!!!!!!!!!:D Next day.......wash, clay, polish, wax.......ALL DAY!!! Take the Mrs. out for a spin............I'M BATTING 1000 AGAIN!!!

LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!

Nev:D :D :D

NSXNEV said:
...Then, went to show the Folks..........Mom said it was a "crazy" car because it was too low, only sat two, and she would have a tough time getting in and out. Dad said, "Good luck with the tickets!" Folks,............gotta love them!!!!!!!!!!!:D Next day.......wash, clay, polish, wax.......ALL DAY!!! Take the Mrs. out for a spin............I'M BATTING 1000 AGAIN!!!

I noticed when I bought my NSX that the people that have the most negative comments about the NSX and it being 'flashy' or a 'ticket magnet' are the people that drive boring cars, or are just slow drivers. Essentially, people that just do not get the point of enjoying driving. All of my sports car friends were excited for me. People like my father just shook there head and did not understand. Ironically, my mother was all for the idea and loves the NSX. Of course, my mother also has thrown down on the occasionaly street race as well....GO MOM!! :D

I drove it 2700 miles in 3 days. Coast to coast. That is a great way to bond with your NSX. Wake up at 4AM and get on a deserted highway. Unreal!

After completing the deal in Dallas, drove to the west coast taking my time over 6 days on the scenic route through the Rockies. :D

I flew from Orange County to Oakland on a Saturday morning,
picked up the car from the dealer around 10am, cruised thru San Francisco, and then drove down the coast back home. I have never been up north, so it was amazing. Drove thru Pebble Beach, 17 Mile Drive, and Carmel. There is a stretch of coastline, maybe like 50-60 miles that is just breathtaking. I couldn't have hoped for a better trip or better weather. It was sunny and I had the roof off for the whole trip. I had been hoping to get a used 97 or 98 yellow, so to end up with a new 04 instead, I was pretty excited. And I do peak in the garage and smile, several times a day.

The first day

I drove to see the car (3 hours) had a drive and said I'd have it

Paid a deposit, left a cheque for the rest, then spent an agonising two weeks waiting for the cheque to clear and forme to have a free day off to pick her up. I was sure someone else would offer more, or that the guy would bend it just before I got there.

I went to get the car, and the guy was out, his place all locked up, so I had another hour of tense waiting, then he showed up apologising, and we opened the garage and there she was.

I just couldn't believe it, people like me don't own cars like that, but after 10 years of lusting, and saving, I had one.

Drove it back taking my time to get to know the characteristics, then picked up a friend near home, and went into the countryside for a couple of hours, pushing it a bit more, roof off, sun shining.

I parked it at a beauty spot stood back and just smiled, I wanted to shout out it looked that good. I promised mysel I'd always look after and respect it.

Then back home, into my garage, and began polishing, painting calipers etc to make her concours.

I haven't really 'shown her off', don't want to be seen to be bragging

I go in the garage just to see it.

So worth the wait - I don't care what anyone else thinks about them - I love it - It's everything I hoped it would be and more - Sound sight smell drive - it's perfect

NSX - T 95 Silver

With my NSX... I let the previous owner keep it for 6 months. Then my brother and father flew out and picked it up and drove it cross country to break it in. I bought it sight unseen and did not see it for like 8 months. Everyone in my family and all my friends saw it before I did. Finally when I got home after 8 months to see it... I drove it all night with my now x girlfriend.

With my dads car... I picked it up in Vegas and we drove it cross country to break it in too.

Last summer I flew from Portland OR to Milwaukie WI to pick up my 00' Red NSX and drive it home. Two miles from the dealership I noticed a rear latch open light was on and pulled over to close it. Tried to start the car and...nothing! Tried again and again...nothing. This wasn't the way my dream trip was suppose to start. Before calling the dealership I decided to take my first look at the owner's manual. There I read that you must have the clutch fully depressed to make ignition. HELLO GENIUS...I had the drivers seat soooo far back I couldn't get the clutch fully depressed.

Since then...not the slightest problem. The trip home was the best experience I've ever had with my car.

I just drove............................

I bought the car in wayzata minn. drove with my wife to milwaukee wi to visit family and to show off. got pulled over for doing 60 in a 30. told cop my wife was having "personal" problems and if i had to go to the court house someone would have to take her to a restroom. i must have been convincing, no ticket . the wife flew back to arizona the next day and i was stuck with the task of driving our 94 brooklands green nsx across the country (bummer). the first day I drove from milwaukee wi to amarillo texas. won't tell you how many hours but suffice it to say it was daylight. the second day i drove from amarilo to phoenix, well that was only a half day actually. got home washed the road and bugs off and put her to bed. it was the greatest driving experience of my life.
may you all be blessed with open roads, no traffic, early morning light at your back and a speedometer that actually needs to go higher than 140 mph! of course i wouldn't actually go that fast across the country, i mean really, that would just be too fast. although....... brand new z rated potenzas, comptech headers and exhaust, free flow airbox.....it just sounds so nice right behind your head, that variable valve timing changing at about 5500 rpms oh yeah, thats it baby, work for me, yeah thats it.................................

dig and dig and dig. :smile: yup...pulled up an old thread from the way back machine. i'll never forget the first day i got my brooklands green. i bought it from one of my best friends...i considered it a birthday present to myself. its been two years ..a new recent (first and only ) marriage...brand new out of the package 3 week old son...but it feels like 10 minutes ago. i guess thats how life is :) feels good to think that this week i'll be putting my downforce 02 conversion on. yay me!

cheers

bill

:smile::smile::smile:

Drove 500 miles home, put her in the garage, and went to bed. :smile:

I went to pick up my NSX after work one day, with all the paperwork handled earlier in the day. I've never had so many people look at me driving a car before! Brought her home, tucked her in bed, went on Prime, and 2 hours later bought a Type-S steering wheel :biggrin:.

I went to show it to my girlfriend. I parked and called her up at work. As soon as I knew she was coming out, I went to start it and … nothing!
The car was dead as a doornail.
*sigh*

At 16, I was so so so excited when i got my Camry
At 19, I was so so excited when i got my BMW 3 series
At 21, I was so excited when i got my Supra TT
At 28, I was still excited when i got my NSX

Compares to NSX..

Maybe I did not have the innocent grin from ear to ear when i got my Camry...

Maybe I did not have the show-off mentality when i got my BMW

Maybe I did not have the rush of a road king wannabe in my supra..

But, I am privileged to achieve one of my life time dream -> being a proud NSX owner!

-jjc.
red NSX 6spds
blk supra 6spds

in comparison

at 16, excited about my mazda millenia
at 18, excited about my Talon TSI
at 19, excited about my S2000
at 20, excited about my Evo
at 21, excited about my 94 Supra Turbo
and now at 22, the biggest excitment came from my 92 NSX.

I picked mine up an hour before I had to be at work so I was upset that I did not get to take it home and spend time with it. I work at a Best Buy thats not in the best neighborhood in the world (no one would dare drive and leave there NSX or any exotic in that parking lot) but I drove it to work anyways. I parked it in good distance near the doors and as soon as I closed the store down I parked it on the stores sidewalk. A few customers and many of my employees had no clue what kind of car it was. I jokingly said it was a ferrari :rolleyes:. But of course, the next day I was off and spent the whole day driving it on highways and around nice curvey roads. By far the best car ive every owned.

Last edited:
Drove 3 hours to see a NSX. Two days later got a truck and carried it home. Had no tags so I couldn't drive it. Took me four hours to bring it home. First thing I did was changed the oil checked all fluids, sold my Porsche 944 a week later and this has been my baby since then. Best choice I ever made, and I think its pretty good on gas too.

Starting from exchange of money/title:

-Ate a sandwich
-Looked dubiously at the now-previous-owners computer-printed directions
-Followed the fellow out to the interstate
-Drove 750+ miles from White Plains, NY to Knoxville, TN
-Began to rue using previous owners directions while hitting every pot-hole in the Bronx.
-Thoroughly rued using previous owner's directions when i hit ballgame
traffic on NJ turnpike.
-Continued rueing using previous owners directions after paying $30 in
tolls between NJ & PA (you yankees have no Idea how to maintain
roads :biggrin:)
-Finally found a familiar highway and stopped paying states I don't live in
to drive on crap roads​
-Arrived in Knoxville in the late-hours of the following morning.
-Drove straight to county clerk & registered vehicle
-Drove straight to Acura dealer to price all the sensors & parts I needed.
-It's been a week now and I've cleared all the engine codes, re-attached a trim piece, and the interior doesn't smell funky anymore. :smile:

I was happy to not be responsible for all that cash after the title transfer. Drove down to san diego and couldn't stop smiling during the drive. Then I passed my civic that "broke down" when I picked up the nsx and the tow truck driver was hauling butt down the freeway. Still smiling when I'm in it or thinking of it, my gf said I would be bored of it in about a year or so and I told her no way

Parked it in the garage and waited 5 long months for summer to arrive.And now it's almost time to put it away again.At least I can look forward to taking out the new sled.

Back