• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What did you do with your NSX today?

I drove my car today!

This was a significant event for me. I had open heart surgery three weeks ago and haven't been allowed to drive (among other things) while I recuperated. I saw the surgeon this morning and he cleared me to return to work, go in my pool, and most importantly of all, drive my NSX. :D

It was a happy day.

BIG CONGRATS! This was very inspiring to read.

More info on that steering wheel. What a great way to upgrade the wheel and keep the airbag.

My NSX baby has not received anything new in terms of mods for quite some time, but when it rains it pours! :)

Got my new steering wheel installed and going to be doing the LoveFab Headers/HFC combo later this week, woohoo!!!

I have not even driven the car but I can say this new steering wheel makes the car feel nicer than a Lambo/Ferrari:

My nsx is daily driven..same old day.. except I changed my ALB pump today..so easy..

I drove it to the gym today then to autozone for brake fluid :(. I live 3 miles away from my office but I only drive it to work on the last day of the work week, I will be driving it to work tomorrow ( 6 day weekend lol).

Took it for a 300 mile drive.

The wife wanted to go for a drive and I thought great, been wanting to check out a couple roads/routes for future drives for our SoCal group. So we headed for Malibu via PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) also known as Highway 1 for breakfast. We took a slight detour to check out Tuna Canyon Road. Well, found we won't be doing that as part of a group drive.:frown: The road was very narrow with too many tight/blind turns and the wife's stomach didn't like it either. So we continued on PCH to Paradise Cove Cafe for breakfast. We got a table with a view of the ocean and had a great breakfast. Took the top off and then back on PCH to Highway 101 and then to Highway 33 to go to the town Ojai in the Los Padres National Forest north of LA. Highway 33 north of Ojai is the other road I wanted to check out and that is one FUN mountain road. Every car that we came up on moved over at the next turnout so we were able keep a pretty fast pace all the way up the mountain and back down the other side. We were going to just turn around and take 33 back to the 101 to go home but found this road Lockwood Valley that heads to Interstate 5 that we could take home. Well that was a good find, about 25 miles with lots of twisties.:biggrin: We stopped a at small market that had soft serve ice cream before getting on Interstate 5 to go home.

So it was a good day, 300 miles of smiles.

Last edited:
Learned that the dealership wants 4200 for a clutch replacement

Learned that the dealership wants 4200 for a clutch replacement

That's why there are know on prime as stealerships.:wink: Buying parts from them is okay as most will offer a discount but have it installed by an independent shop with NSX experience if you can find one. Post in your local region as someone can usually help.

Last edited:
ha stealerships...I posted if anyone knew of someone in charlotte to do the job but responses were sending me to raleigh and GA, i didnt kno if shed make it that far and shipping wouldve evened out the cost

I took my NSX to Larry B's place in Warwick NY, and dropped it there for a timing belt and other service. I must say I had forgotten how scenic NY 17 is, going East form Binghamton.

So you're one of the Primers holding me up from seeing LarryB! Haha

Learned that the acura dealer destroyed my bumper driving it....

Hendrick Acura, Charlotte NC

Spend the weekend putting my new Garmin 7" GPS with wireless backup camera Project together. Here's a sneak peak and I'll have full set of pictures and DIY on the Electronic section later.

P1040464_zpsa9b1bbae.jpg

I used it as an excuse to organize 3 sets of wrenches that were cohabiting for far too long. I swear they multiply if left unsupervised because new little ones would just appear over time. And replaced a scratched B-pillar sail piece with a minty new one and prepped the HVAC unit for a stint in the BrianK rehab clinic while I had them out.

3e9b6275821cca405d5376f751cf99fa.jpg

Back