• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What did you do with your NSX today?

went to the state store to pick up some Ramey chard....then we jammed to pandora via our new home sonos....

qasavaza.jpg
Last minute alignment before NSXPO at Acura of Brookfield. See you in Ohio.

Touched up a bunch of rock chips with Dr. Colorchip. Then tomorrow she gets Chadwicked!

Did Dr. Colorchip work?

The results are generally very good and it's very easy to work with.

I first tried it on my Lexus that had a badly sandblasted bumper. I found their recommended method of smearing the paint with your thumb or a squeegie worked quite well for covering large areas, and gave good results. But with my NSX, I only had isolated chips, some which were fairly deep, and the smearing method didn't work for me. Instead, I used one of the pinpoint brushes they provide to carefully fill in each chip. For the real deep ones, I needed to repeat the application after the paint dried, so the paint would gradually build up. You can't really mess up with it, because their blending solution easily removes excess or unwanted touch up paint.

I found some chips to be more difficult than others to correct, and a few still show evidence that a chip was there, but not because the touch up paint doesn't match, but because the original paint was scored so deeply. I plan to go over these isolated few again. But quite honestly, from 2 or more feet away, you simply can't tell where the touch ups were applied.

I give a big thumbs up to Dr. Colorchip.

Went to local C & C. A local Car Show TV station guy took a few video shots of my BB- might make the show, who knows? I leave tomorrow for my 1st NSXPO!:smile:

Sean,
Wish that I could redline 300 times in a day, and hit 155. Too many people and too many cops, even tho my plate spells COP. They all know where we live. Have to keep it in line for now and hope for a track experience.
Eating tires though on the cloverleafs when I can
Old guy,
D

Mitch helped me swap a used stock radio for the one that came with my car. By "helped", I mean that I ate pizza and asked stupid questions while he did the actual work.

The old radio sounded fine but the display did not work.

Thanks, Mitch!!

The results are generally very good and it's very easy to work with.

I first tried it on my Lexus that had a badly sandblasted bumper. I found their recommended method of smearing the paint with your thumb or a squeegie worked quite well for covering large areas, and gave good results. But with my NSX, I only had isolated chips, some which were fairly deep, and the smearing method didn't work for me. Instead, I used one of the pinpoint brushes they provide to carefully fill in each chip. For the real deep ones, I needed to repeat the application after the paint dried, so the paint would gradually build up. You can't really mess up with it, because their blending solution easily removes excess or unwanted touch up paint.

I found some chips to be more difficult than others to correct, and a few still show evidence that a chip was there, but not because the touch up paint doesn't match, but because the original paint was scored so deeply. I plan to go over these isolated few again. But quite honestly, from 2 or more feet away, you simply can't tell where the touch ups were applied.

I give a big thumbs up to Dr. Colorchip.
Hmmm, I'm looking for something like this. I wonder if Dr. Colorchip would be better than this: http://www.amazon.com/1995-Acura-NS...rds=G-70+Brookland+Green+Pearl+touch+up+paint

It comes it a "putty" to fill in holes, i really need that for a few deep holes...decisions, decisions...

Hmmm, I'm looking for something like this. I wonder if Dr. Colorchip would be better than this: http://www.amazon.com/1995-Acura-NS...rds=G-70+Brookland+Green+Pearl+touch+up+paint

It comes it a "putty" to fill in holes, i really need that for a few deep holes...decisions, decisions...

Interesting. Seems like the putty is a good idea for deep holes and scratches. However, two questions come to mind...
- How effective is the putty over time? Will it crack or lose adhesiveness?
- I'm surprised their instructions don't include any buffing as a last step. I find it hard to believe that applying paint with a brush will result in a finish that completely matches the rest of the car. The last step in the Dr. Colorchip workflow is to hand buff the touched up area. It doesn't take much, but along with their blending solution, it helps the touched up area completely blend into the car's surface.

It seems to me both solutions could actually be used together. The ScratchWizard putty can be used to fill deep holes, and then Dr. Colorchip for a nice blended touch up finish.

I'd be curious to hear from anyone who's tried ScratchWizard.

Interesting. Seems like the putty is a good idea for deep holes and scratches. However, two questions come to mind...
- How effective is the putty over time? Will it crack or lose adhesiveness?
- I'm surprised their instructions don't include any buffing as a last step. I find it hard to believe that applying paint with a brush will result in a finish that completely matches the rest of the car. The last step in the Dr. Colorchip workflow is to hand buff the touched up area. It doesn't take much, but along with their blending solution, it helps the touched up area completely blend into the car's surface.

It seems to me both solutions could actually be used together. The ScratchWizard putty can be used to fill deep holes, and then Dr. Colorchip for a nice blended touch up finish.

I'd be curious to hear from anyone who's tried ScratchWizard.
Yeah, thats the only thing thats keeping me from pulling the trigger, I don't want it cracking up on me.

I might just tape off the area where the deep holes are & just fill with bondo, quick sand then use the Dr. Colorchip

Drove it 130mph on the Mid-Ohio Race Course and then took it to the Honda/Acura plant where I watched TLXs get assembled alongside Accords.

Started on my clutch master/slave, will finish that up and also change oil and mtf tomorrow. I hate cotter pins!!

Today I drove my NSX on Honda's High Speed Ring Test Track with 37 degree banked turns (might be off on the degree number but I think it was in the 30s...) Got up to about 115mph but others on the track went faster (limited by who was in front of you).

Last edited:
Not today but on Saturday took it to the track for the first time with about 20 other NSX's at Buttonwillow. Had a GREAT time.:biggrin: I can see how it become addictive.

IMG_2084_kl.jpg

Installed my "new" Advan AVS T7s with Federal 595 RS-Rs and took my beauty for a nice autumn drive through Austria.

I love the new rims. They really transformed the car. Handles so much better now compared to those heavy blingy crap wheels the DPO put on the car.

Bernhard

View attachment 117738

installed my "new" advan avs t7s with federal 595 rs-rs and took my beauty for a nice autumn drive through austria.

I love the new rims. They really transformed the car. Handles so much better now compared to those heavy blingy crap wheels the dpo put on the car.

Bernhard

dpo! Lmao!!!

Back