• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What did you do with your NSX today?

Took it for a drive on PCH with the wife yesterday with the temps in the 70's. It's been a few months since we did this, the longest stectch since owning the NSX, we usually do it a least once a month. Gotta love SoCal, 70's in February.

I've got to go to Long Beach for Programming Sessions so I'll take the top off and roll up the 405. Beautiful day for it with the highs in the low 70's. Maybe it will be warm enough tonight that I can leave the top off....

I love topless in SoCal

A FULL day, (Saturday), which consisted of bouncing it off the Rev Limiter, driving the CRAP out of it, speed shifting, ect.
A perfect downshift where sound, rev-match and speed are just perfect............. for bouncing it off the rev limited again. :) We are blessed with driving the best car ever built.

Walked into the garage and looked at the car cover and nsx sleeping under it, let off a big sigh and walked over the ice and snow back into the house. Only 6 more weeks until spring is officially here. But this is NY so who knows what kind of weather it will be in April.

A FULL day, (Saturday), which consisted of bouncing it off the Rev Limiter, driving the CRAP out of it, speed shifting, ect.
A perfect downshift where sound, rev-match and speed are just perfect............. for bouncing it off the rev limited again. :) We are blessed with driving the best car ever built.

I'm saving this for the next owner!

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely nothing. :(

cleaned the TB and took it on a 30 min test drive after. what an amazing difference it makes

cleaned the TB and took it on a 30 min test drive after. what an amazing difference it makes

Huh? What do you mean? Never heard of that and what was the amazing difference???

Please tell....

Nope, i shined up my belt real good, smooth as hell now... ha jk yes i meant throttle body for tb, sorry

Nope, i shined up my belt real good, smooth as hell now... ha jk yes i meant throttle body for tb, sorry

Lol... Thought so, but TB is synonymous with timing belt around here:tongue:

What did you do to clean it? What's the difference you feel or hear?

Ha yea i didnt think about it till after bc ive been txting others.

I used some carb, choke and tbody cleaner i found randomly at like an autozone that $5

It really jus makes the car breath so much better. The idle smooths out, the throttle can be modulated much easier and is sharper. As for sound i havent really noticed anything but my intake is already pretty loud

Heres what it looked like before i put it back on (reflection of my phone on inside)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1423784730940.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423784730940.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 295
Na i wish i did bc just imagine like a solid coating of buildup that i would compare to lots of brake dust. Like it was pretty black looking on one side

Installed a wireless backup camera to my Galaxy 5S. Also cleaned up my OEM front lip and applied several coats of Plastidip. Took the Shine GT 1 lip off and will take it to get fixed. Maybe the car is too low?

Nah, it's just right.

Swapped out the 2G seven spoke 16x7/17x8.5 rims and 215/245 tires and installed the original 91 oem 15x6.5/16x7 rims with 205/225 tires. I would like to offer a few words of praise for the very old-school "fat fives".

I figured the manual steering would be lighter but the improvement is more noticeable than I expected. I'm sure my skid-pad numbers would be down, allowing for tire differences. But the car is more toss-able and definitely more fun. It's the way the car was engineered and now I see why. I don't know about total wheel/tire weight, but the smaller rims are, of course, lighter. Not only does the car provide better feedback through the steering wheel, but the transition to oversteer seems more predictable...although the different tires could be playing a roll here.

Hela-flush the fat fives are not but to me they better fit the character of the 91 in terms of driving feel and looks.

Figured with this never-ending brutally cold weather, I connected the battery tender and tossed the cover on again until spring. I give up.. :mad-new:

Last edited:
Well, look at the bright side...at least you don't have to worry about washing your NSX once a week and piling on the mileage like we do here in So Cal....:frown::tongue::biggrin:

I was poolside yesterday....sorry:wink:

Last edited:
Figured with this never-ending brutally cold weather, I connected the battery tender and tossed the cover on again until spring. I give up.. :mad-new:

Poor you.

Since I didn't want dew to settle on my car last night in the chilly 50 degree SoCal weather, I opted to keep her indoors and install a brand new center console.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424132552.897813.jpg

Spend the weekend putting my new Garmin 7" GPS with wireless backup camera Project together. Here's a sneak peak and I'll have full set of pictures and DIY on the Electronic section later.

P1040464_zpsa9b1bbae.jpg

um... that looks really good I am getting sick of my 05 TL navi in the navipod cuz I had to cut up my console to make the buttons fit

Back