• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

what did you drive in high school

I drove this '93 RX-7. Now I drive a different '93 RX-7 and an '83 RX-7. What can I say, I love the cars.

and here it is parked outside of auto mechanics at school

Last edited:
I was happy just to get a brand new car so this is what $7200 got me in 1982, a bare Isuzu I-Mark Diesel LS sedan (no stereo, no A/C). With 51 horsepower, I used every one. Only lasted about 48K miles before the head gasket blew and was sold as I didn't want to fix it nor wanted the car anymore. I got about 32mph with it but the car that I replaced it with was a 1986 Acura Integra. With 113 horsepower and all the goodies on it, I got the same MPG so that was and will be the last diesel I'll ever own.

82Isuzu.jpg

I had an 89 5.0 Mustang GT automatic, custom blue metallic with silver stripe on the hood, Cobra R hood, Saleen wing, and all infinity speakers/amps minus the 3 10 inch MTX subs in a glass back box. I ended up crashing it with a couple more months of high school to go and sold my parking pass to friend that gave me a ride in his 3000GT

Attachments

• DSC00521.jpg
    DSC00521.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 35
1967 Firebird convertible with a 4 speed. It was a good car. In 1972 I paid $850 for it and sold it 2 years and 20k miles later for $800. It only had the 326-V8. For a high school-er it had all of the power I probably should have had, that is why I am still alive.

1985 Peugeot 505S for my Junior year.. then I crashed like most moronic 16yr old's do, so I purchased a 1991 MR2.

19801802_9070889205.jpg

Scanned image of my MR2:
MR2-Scan1.jpg

This is the 20th generation of this model. I think I drove the 3rd generation model to high school. My parent let me trade it in for a new one every semester.:biggrin:

Adiddas.jpg

I drove a 1974 Ford Maverick, straight 6, 2 barrel. In technical terms; the power rating was as described" it couldn't pull a wet noodle out of a cat's ass".

I never got into an accident, never got a speeding ticket and never got laid. I'm looking for one for my 15 year old son :biggrin::biggrin:

Back