• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What did you have to sell for an NSX?

Re: ...irony...

Meeyatch1 said:
G-Man, the irony of your story is that you have a police booster decal on your driver's side quarter window in the 911 TT picture...that must have been what kept you out of jail. HAHA!! :D

Yeah, that and my Fraternal Order of Police Plates and my Federal Government ID showing I work for the Department of Homeland Security. Looks like 9/11 helped me out with my 911. ;)

Re: Re: ...irony...

How do you like that evo?

G-man said:
Yeah, that and my Fraternal Order of Police Plates and my Federal Government ID showing I work for the Department of Homeland Security. Looks like 9/11 helped me out with my 911. ;)

To Mitch, regarding selling my Lamborghini

What made me decide to move to an Acura NSX from a Lamborghini?

The Lamborghini Countach was my childhood dream car as well. I graduated high school in 1988 and desparately wanted an '88 Countach. I couldn't get rid of the bug for 10 years until I finally got the car.

Also in 1988, my mother had bought an Acura Legend, and she was later invited to the unveiling of the Acura NSX in 1991. Of course, the entire family went with her, and I fell in love with the NSX at first sight. I operated an auto detail business at that time, and one of my regular customers purchased one of the first NSXs in Southern, CA. I was already quite familiar with the car, but came to know it on an almost intimate level since I detailed my customer's NSX every other weekend.

I faced a dilemma, either save my money and set my goals for the Lamborghini, or an NSX. I hoped that I would eventually become successful enough to own both someday. I also loved the Ferrari Testarossa, but never drove one, let alone owned one.

I found a deal on the Countach ($60,000 range), and owning one quickly taught me that it could never be the everyday driver that my childhood memory had hoped for. I sold it to get my other dream car, the NSX, which has proven to be everything I had hoped it would be. I was sorry to let the other car go, but my life is different at age 34 than it was at 18.

The Lamborghini had less than 5000 miles on it!:(

TommyP said:
I sold 13 rolex and Omega watches from my collection (profits to the NSX fund), and slept in the dog house for 2 weeks while the wife got over it!
Tommy:)
Any pictures of the collection.

I am a big Breitling fan along with other "sport" watches.. Just have one in the collection as of now Superocean automatic. Wouldn't mind picking up a few other watches once I graduate. Any pictures of the watch collection?

Back to on topic. I haven't sold anything because I do not own a NSX yet.

Kroger said:
Any pictures of the watch collection?
Yes, two:

jjwatch.jpg

Attachments

• 2001031_100k.jpg
    2001031_100k.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 450
I wanted an NSX since I first saw them in 91. I also wanted a 300ZX TT since I first saw them in 90. I bought the 300 in 93. The wife would have nothing of buying a $35K+ sportscar when I already had one. The stock market was on fire, so I got this hair-brained idea about selling the 300, investing the money for two years and buying an NSX. I sold the 300 twin turbo in 98 at a loss of $4500 for using it for 5 years :) . I invested $20k agressively and got out in late Aug of 2000 (just in time) with enough to buy the 91 NSX.

Whew! If I had waited just a few more weeks, I never would have recovered and could not have even afforded to buy the 300 back.

It's not what I had to sell, more like what I had to buy...
I bought the ol'lady a 528i(with help from the ol'lady), then I had to "sale" wifey on the idea of get'n me a new ride:D

She's happy....I'm HAPPY:p

Attachments

• new528.jpg
    new528.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 380
My Supra Turbo...

I sold my Supra Turbo to make room... missed it a little bit, but I have a smile on my face everyday knowing that I own the NSX! :D

Attachments

• suprasideview.jpg
    suprasideview.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 277
Traded a POOL to a doctor for a VW cabrio and a mint 91 Nsx with 34,000klm. It made the wife happy and me too. :D

Back