• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What do you guys think of the 90's MR2

Great car. I owned one I put back together after it had been rolled. It seemed to handle very well. I think it was a good car to own before I bought the NSX, engine in the back and all. However it can not even hold a candle to the NSX. The one I had was a turbo. I am not sure how a non-turbo would be for performance. I think a better track beater would be a Porsche 914, or 914-6 if one could be found.

I really do not know. I have seen them for as little as 500 dollars trashed and ready for the junk yard. I have also seen them for as much a 20k in pristine condition. What I can tell you is they weigh nothing and go like hell. You can even do further weight reduction if you are going to only drive it on the track. Also mods are fairly cheap and unlimited. Check out autotrader.

Originally posted by netNSX:
what do you think is fair market value for the 914?

A friend of mine recently bought a '73 914 in decent condition for around $2500 here in California. It was repainted, but had minimal rust and no signs of bodywork.

Amazing that you can get so much car of so little money these days.

Back