• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What is your watch of choice?

robr said:
my friend brought me back a fake breitling from iraq, any idea if this is a copy of a real model? it doesn't appear to be, i've looked at pics at a bunch of bentley models and none look like this.

That is not a copy of any Breitling watch. The bezel and the shape is similar to the Bentley line, but the face and the tourbillon style exposed movement is not typical of any Breitling watch. AFAIK, Breitling does not produce a tourbillon watch.

Raymond

Enzo said:
Here is my last aquisition :

Panerai Luminor Marina PAM0061 44mm

I love Panerais. I just discovered this watch line 1.5 years ago. Now, I have 3 in my collection and I'm still looking to add more. Very nice and understated as a big watch could be. It is definitely not as flashy as any run of the mill Rolex.

I picked up my Tag Heuer Link Chronograph 2004 Senna Edition about four or five weeks ago from Topper in Burlingame CA. I found out today that they have 2 more in their inventory. So, for those of you that are interested, you can call the store phone number, which is 650/347-2221 and ask for Rob. I can say that Rob treated me very well and gave me a good price on the watch.

For those of you who are Schumacher fans, Rob said that he should be seeing some in, in the very near future.

Mike

MikeC_587 said:
I picked up my Tag Heuer Link Chronograph 2004 Senna Edition about four or five weeks ago from Topper in Burlingame CA. I found out today that they have 2 more in their inventory. So, for those of you that are interested, you can call the store phone number, which is 650/347-2221 and ask for Rob. I can say that Rob treated me very well and gave me a good price on the watch.

For those of you who are Schumacher fans, Rob said that he should be seeing some in, in the very near future.

Mike

Love that place, and I loved staying in Burlingame when I visited for NSXPO.

Two of my Favorites.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/[email protected]/detail?.dir=b287&.dnm=9ea8.jpg&.src=ph
Big is in... :smile:

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of Rolex. I sold my Datejust for 1K lost since it was collecting dust. If i'm rich, then I would like to get a President Datejust someday....

I've worn a Rolex two-tone Datejust with the Jubilee band for the past 10 years. It's been a great time-piece for me.

What do you guys think of this watch for $95? Obviously not a high end watch, but seems to be decent for the price. If I understand correctly, this is an automatic watch (self winding) chronograph.

Invicta_Stainless_Steel_Racing_Sport_Chronograph7f3Detail.jpg

Invicta Stainless Steel Racing Sport Chronograph – 3913

Movement: Swiss chronograph
Case and dial: 43mm * Solid stainless steel case with unidirectional rotating bezel * Black ionic plating * Two stainless steel pushers and sapphire crystal * Dial with computerized oil pressed pattern * Applied indexes and up markers * Tritnite® luminous hands

There is however a debate in the Woot forums as to whether this is:

SW200 26 jewel movement or 5040D quartz. Googling this watch (and even searching the Invicta website) doesn't give a definitive answer. I believe if it's SW200, it's a phenomenal deal, if it's quartz, it's a so-so deal. I'm still trying to get to the bottom of which it is.

Heh, it also appears to be unclear as to whether the face is sapphire crystal or "mineral". Apparently there are two versions of this watch with the same model number but with different face materials.... sigh.

Here's where the confusion comes from - this is from www.woot.com front page (today only).

Features:

* Swiss chronograph 5040D caliber
* Swiss made automatic 26 jewel SW200 movement
* 43mm Case
* Solid stainless steel case with unidirectional rotating bezel
* Black ionic plating case
* Two stainless steel pushers
* Sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating
* Dial with computerized oil pressed pattern
* Applied indexes and up markers
* Tritnite® luminous hands
* 316L solid stainless steel bracelet with safety buckle
* Black ionic plating band
* 100 meters Water Resistant
* Screw down crown
* Mineral crystal with anti-reflective coating
* Date display

NM, it's sold out (just as Woot clarified what happened).

Here's what happened, we checked on the specs with the manufacturer and were told to change "Swiss made automatic 26 jewel SW200 movement" and "Mineral crystal with anti-reflective coating" to "Swiss chronograph 5040D caliber" and "sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating ".

Instead of making those changes, those two line items got added to the top of the spec list making it appear that the watch was both a quartz movement and an automatic movement ad that it had two crystals - one a sapphire and one a mineral. That's obviously isn't possible and some of you caught that.

If you bought the for the automatic movement and the sapphire crystal, please email [email protected] with your order number and "cancel" in the subject line. We'll be emailing all buyers this morning as well. Sorry for screwup and the ensuing confusion.

You guys have some cool watches.

The one I wear most often is a Citizen Blue Angles from the late 90's. It's the C300 series and still has the original blue leather strap. It's not an expensive watch (maybe $400 when I bought it), but has been very reliable and looks cool.

it's a little uncomfortable on the wrist, but hey, it's a classic...

Attachments

• sundial.jpg
    sundial.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 36
Rolex Submariner for daily duty and 2 Panerai (PAM005 and PAM217). Got a third Panerai (PAM249 - Cali Dial) on the way :smile:

Submariner
Slide7.jpg

PAM005 Logo
Slide6.jpg

PAM217 47mm Destro (Safe queen:cool: )
Slide12.jpg

Breitling Bentley "Le Mans" :biggrin:

Rolex Gold "president"

BreitlingBentleyLeMans.jpg

Back