• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What is your watch of choice?

I love my 2 Movados. I will keep them forever. The Vizio in the middle is my Dads. Figures the one w/ the NSX gets the more $$$ watch.;) But I hope I can get a Vizio someday. Very classic look to them. :)

Attachments

• movado 2.jpg
    movado 2.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 829
NoSX said:
I am one of few divers that has yet to buy a dive computer. Instead, I have relied on my Tag during countless dives; basically, my life depends on the Tag and my own wits. (and I have never needed decompression or even had a close call!) Just another point of view.

Never said that they were not reliable or accurate - just that in certain circles they are perceived as not being desirable as a timepiece as opposed to as a functional watch.
Here's another point of view: you can buy a watch just as reliable and accurate as a TAG Heuer for, what, 1/50 of the price?:D
Of course, you can also buy a watch for 50x the price that doesn't do any more for you in timekeeping than the TAG so you pays your money and takes your choice.

brahtw8 said:
I haven't taken any pics of mine.

Here is a link to their website for the watch, in blue like the one I got:

http://www.tagheuer.com/watches/detail.lbl?watch=WAC1112.BA0850&search=s:1;F:0;T:0;C:s;

Hi

Nice watch. The price is lower that what I would have thougth. Do you know what the Tag Link goes for where you bought yours.

I have not checked price on a Link in Norway, but it is expencive as everything here.

I will travel in Netherlands, Germany, Denmark and Sweden this summer. Maybe Netherlands is the best country for Tag?

I will also be in London for a weekend. Maybe I will try to see if I can find something there.

The best is ofcourse that I find nothing :)

Regards

martin said:
Hi

Nice watch. The price is lower that what I would have thougth. Do you know what the Tag Link goes for where you bought yours.

I have not checked price on a Link in Norway, but it is expencive as everything here.

I will travel in Netherlands, Germany, Denmark and Sweden this summer. Maybe Netherlands is the best country for Tag?

I will also be in London for a weekend. Maybe I will try to see if I can find something there.

The best is ofcourse that I find nothing :)

Regards

Thanks, I like it very much. I know it is nothing special in the watch circles, but it is special to me.

I don't know if I got that great of a deal. I looked on the internet and found some for $400 US, which is considerably less than the $550 US I paid after the conversion to Euros thanks to the dollar's weakness. E452 was after VAT refund, which may not apply to you? Of course, I don't really like the idea of buying a watch on the internet, but I guess it can be done.

White94 said:

I am not a fan or the huge gaudy ones, but did manage to find an Omega Seamaster 120M midsize automatic that I have been very pleased with in every respect

This is it:

I've got EXACTLY the same one. Like it a lot, just enough flash without the bling. :) Kevin

Resurrecting an old thread here. Wish I had found it sooner.

Seems like we have a lot of watch enthusiasts here/collectors. I'm looking for an automatic watch winder. Anyone have any recommendations as to which brands are good?

For daily use, I've got a 2001 Breitling Chronomat Blackbird, and I liken it in many ways to the NSX. It's sharp looking, reliable, well made, but not as recognized as some of the more common (but equally good quality) brands.

Also have an AP Royal Oak, a quartz Tag Heuer 2000 Chrono, an old Seiko Choronograph from the late '80s, a Honda watch from the Honda collection, one of the original Casio data banks from my middle school days, and a 20 some year old Mickey Mouse watch from my childhood. :wink:

My latest addition is a Tag Heuer Link Chronograph 2004 Senna Edition, limited edition of 2004 pieces worldwide. Something this group might be able to appreciate, due to Senna's involvement in the NSX and Honda F1.

4265senna-2004-ltd-edition.jpg

Last edited:
Ben said:
My latest addition is a Tag Heuer Link Chronograph 2004 Senna Edition, limited edition of 2004 pieces worldwide. Something this group might be able to appreciate, due to Senna's involvement in the NSX.

4265senna-2004-ltd-edition.jpg

Hi

Love that watch. As I have posted earlier in this thread. One day I will get me one of those.

I can not find Senna at the Tag Heuer site anymore so I do not know if their will be any more limited Senna editions.

I do not have the money at he moment so it does not bother me. I see that on the net you can find a lot of these Senna editions. They do not always look like the one you posted.

The one you posted is the one I want, but I have also seen it with the Interlagos S too which also is cool.

Regards

martin said:
Hi

Love that watch. As I have posted earlier in this thread. One day I will get me one of those.

I can not find Senna at the Tag Heuer site anymore so I do not know if their will be any more limited Senna editions.

I do not have the money at he moment so it does not bother me. I see that on the net you can find a lot of these Senna editions. They do not always look like the one you posted.

The one you posted is the one I want, but I have also seen it with the Interlagos S too which also is cool.

Regards

The one I posted is the 2004 Senna Edition Link Chronograph. Only 2004 pieces were made. Due to that fact, and the fact that the usual watch dealer I shop at didn't have one, I couldn't get much of a discount on it that I've gotten on other non-limited edition watches. The models you are referring to are the 2003 and previous editions, I believe.

If you want the one I got, better get it quick. All of them have been delivered to dealers, so if you want one, you have to find a dealer that still has one in stock. I got mine in January, and I found about 3-4 other stores that still had one, so there might be a few out there still.

The other neat thing about the 2004 model (not sure if the other Senna models have it), is that on the back case, there is a engraving of a racing helmet in the colors of Senna's helmet.

Ben said:
The one I posted is the 2004 Senna Edition Link Chronograph. Only 2004 pieces were made. Due to that fact, I couldn't get much of a discount on it that you can get on other non-limited edition watches. The models you are referring to are the 2003 and previous editions, I believe.

If you want the one I got, better get it quick. All of them have been delivered to dealers, so if you want one, you have to find a dealer that still has one in stock. I got mine in January, and I found about 3-4 other stores that still had one, so there might be a few out there still.

Hi

Yes you are probably right about it beeing a 2003 or something.

Only to torture myself: approx how much do a Senna sell for? I think a Link (Not Senna) is about $3200 here in Norway.

Regards

martin said:
Hi

Yes you are probably right about it beeing a 2003 or something.

Only to torture myself: approx how much do a Senna sell for? I think a Link (Not Senna) is about $3200 here in Norway.

Regards

Sent you a PM.

watches along with nice holidays and nice cars are my weaknesses.
i have about 10 watches ranging from nice looking (but cheap) for work up to my rado diastar which is quite old now.my latest aquisition is an Omega seamaster in blue,mid size because i have really skinny wrists.
here are some of them.
wODA5NzczNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wODA5Nzc0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wODA5Nzc1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wODA5Nzc2NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wODA5Nzc3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

please excuse the crap photography :redface:

this is what I have now:

p6040B.jpg

I want the Tag Senna that has the large "S" on the face.

Oh, and my dream watch is one of these:
RoyalOakChronograph_lg.jpg

$14,000

or a tourbillon (but I'm too lazy to maintain one...)

poet_x said:
this is what I have now:

p6040B.jpg

I want the Tag Senna that has the large "S" on the face.

Oh, and my dream watch is one of these:
RoyalOakChronograph_lg.jpg

$14,000

or a tourbillon (but I'm too lazy to maintain one...)
i know that the audemars(sp?) is a good watch but how the hell is the full name pronounced.another is bvlgari,anyone know how to pronounce these?

my friend brought me back a fake breitling from iraq, any idea if this is a copy of a real model? it doesn't appear to be, i've looked at pics at a bunch of bentley models and none look like this.

breitling.jpg

Rob,

You may be right. When I purchased my Breitling in early 2004 I don't remember seeing the Bentley line. In Feb 2005 I was at La Swiss and saw the Bentley line and it was only the watches listed on that link. There may have been a 2004 line that I don't know about?

You guys got some real nice watches. I'd want to get that 2004 LTD Tag, but was wondering if the face was larger than other 'link' style watches they make. I'll check by my local dealer to see if they can locate one for a reasonable price, but if someone can answer that i would be grateful. Definitely pay for a quality watch cuz my Guess, fake Tag's just fall apart after a few years of abuse. For now, my ADVAN is going to be my sports time piece. =)

TrustJDM said:
You guys got some real nice watches. I'd want to get that 2004 LTD Tag, but was wondering if the face was larger than other 'link' style watches they make. I'll check by my local dealer to see if they can locate one for a reasonable price, but if someone can answer that i would be grateful. Definitely pay for a quality watch cuz my Guess, fake Tag's just fall apart after a few years of abuse. For now, my ADVAN is going to be my sports time piece. =)

When I bought the 2004 Senna Edition Link Chronograph, I saw it side by side with the normal Link Chronograph, and it's identical except for the Senna related markings.

Last edited:
Back