• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What is your watch of choice?

You bought an expensive watch in solid gold with diamonds that has no brand printed on it?
Geneva is a city in Switzerland and "Swiss made" has na obvious meaning.

Can you post a photo? We may be able to help you.

gheba_nsx said:
You bought an expensive watch in solid gold with diamonds that has no brand printed on it?
Geneva is a city in Switzerland and "Swiss made" has na obvious meaning.

Can you post a photo? We may be able to help you.

I guess I'm an idiot?

It's Geneve, not Geneva. I've seen ads with Geneve in them, usually associated with a jeweler. These are current print and primetime sporting event TV ads. However, my watches only say "Geneve" not "Geneve by xxxx xxxx."

Now, when I bought these, most of the soid gold watches (besides Rolex) at the Atlanta Merchandise (jewelry floor) had this identification.

Someone in this thread will know what I'm talking about..!?

Bill

No you are not an idiot. You have a watch with a lot of gold content. Also if you bought what I think you bought a good movement.

Was it any thing like these Bill?
http://www.genevetimepiece.com/

Universal Gene've (pronounced) also makes watches they are quite expensive as well.

Geneve or Geneva, I have one of each they are both good watches.

I love watches almost as much as cars.. Since they are cheaper (at least some are) than high end cars, I have a few.

My daily watch is a Breitling Chronomat all stainless with white face. This has been my watch for the last 4 years and I have had no problems whatsoever.

I also have an old Rolex Date-Just that was given to me by my dad.I don't use because it's a mid-size watch but I keep it around for sentimental reasons.

Sport watch is a Citizens dive watch.

My going out watch is a Bulgari Rettangolo black face with chronos.

My next one will be a Rolex Daytona.. Now that's nice..

Anyone here seen the Breitling Hercules.. HUGE...

One of my latest watches I owned has been the TT1 Divers called "Meistertaucher" from ORIS (1000m watertight!!!! :eek: ). (44mm wide)
It is such a beautiful watch :eek: , I recommend to everyone who likes a sporty look, and it is also affortable with about $1800.

still my best watch in my collection is a Carl F. Bucherer Archimedes Special Edition which I owned from my last employer.
Other watches I owned last year are a small IWC quartz and a Maurice Lacroix Chronograph.

Attachments

• oris3.jpeg
    oris3.jpeg
    24.6 KB · Views: 526
My Choice - Cartier

Here in my native Oklahoma, the watch of choice hands down is the Rolex. It is a bit, well, too flashy for me. I prefer understated elegance. That's probably why I have the NSX.

My wife and I each picked up one of these for our 10 year anniversary present to each other when we were on a trip in the Carribean a year of so ago.

Have the trusty Timex Ironman for gym wear and a couple of $200 watches for everyday wear. Don't wear the Cartier much (now that I mention it, don't drive the X much either) and don't wear it to work since I need to look hungry, poor, and in need of a fat raise to my employer.

Here's mine in solid stainless (my wife chose the two-tone). As far as high-end watches go, this one is reasonably priced at about $2,500. Reasonable is a relative term of course.

Attachments

• cartier santos.jpg
    cartier santos.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 510
Last edited:
The current issue of "hr watches" magazine has a good article on Breguet and tourbillon watches.

special04.jpg

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak is one of the more classy designs with the bold cut and very simplistic look. I have received a few different high end watch catalogues and have seen some watch prices top the 3/4 million mark. Watch collecting has a huge following, its just something, I believe is not as well known to say. Some people couldn't imagine paying 1,000 dollars for a watch while others can pitch out close to 100 grand.

I find this thread quite intresting... Because of my fondness of watches.

I find out tomorrow if my senior design project if I am going to be designing and working with saphire crystal faces. Creating a new meathods of manufacturing... Currently they are all hand made in a 7 setp process thats very time consuming... I wouldn't mind my name on that patent if we can figure out something :)

Not to resurrect this old thread . .

I picked up the New Tag Heuer Formula 1 in the Netherlands. Supposedly it just came out March 6th.

It is much nicer than the old Formula 1, with a Titanium bezel and a host of other design changes. The new Formula 1 chronos are out too.

I paid $452 euros after VAT refund, about $560 US with the crappy exchange rates. The Chrono would have been around $750 US. I think I got a good deal.

I got a quartz, since they didn't offer an F1 automatic and Tag is primarily a quartz watchmaker, AFAIK. That and I didn't want to spend E1200 or more for an automatic Tag when that is getting into Omega territory.

So far I am very happy with the watch. Much better than the 'replica' Tag I had before ($10 from your local street merchant)

brahtw8 said:
Not to resurrect this old thread . .

I picked up the New Tag Heuer Formula 1 in the Netherlands. Supposedly it just came out March 6th.

It is much nicer than the old Formula 1, with a Titanium bezel and a host of other design changes. The new Formula 1 chronos are out too.

I paid $452 euros after VAT refund, about $560 US with the crappy exchange rates. The Chrono would have been around $750 US. I think I got a good deal.

I got a quartz, since they didn't offer an F1 automatic and Tag is primarily a quartz watchmaker, AFAIK. That and I didn't want to spend E1200 or more for an automatic Tag when that is getting into Omega territory.

So far I am very happy with the watch. Much better than the 'replica' Tag I had before ($10 from your local street merchant)

any pics?

i have a tag myself too...however....im starting to like the "large face" look....and am looking around for one...but i haven't found one that caught my eye....any suggestions??

does anybody have "bling bling" watches???....

mister nsx said:
i have a tag myself too...however....im starting to like the "large face" look....and am looking around for one...but i haven't found one that caught my eye....any suggestions??

If you are after a large-faced watch, consider Panerai.

My current favorite is my Invicta. This watch blings like no other--compliments everywhere I go.

Attachments

• picture 751.jpg
    picture 751.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 396
mister nsx said:

8557lasv_glam.jpg

8557lasv_back.jpg

47mm as large as a Panerai

I have one of these, which I wear every day and which you can buy here at a special clearance sale price:

Watchblack.jpg

I also have one of these:

jjwatch.jpg

I also have one that the Swiss NSX Club made as a group buy a few years ago.

Oh, and I have a Tissot dual display watch which I bought many years ago in Zurich and that I sometimes wear on those few occasions where I don't want the NSX association.

STOCKTONSX said:
My current favorite is my Invicta. This watch blings like no other--compliments everywhere I go.

That is a great looking watch. I have never heard of Invicta but I found yet another style I am going to put on the list for decisions of the next watch buy.

Kroger said:
That is a great looking watch. I have never heard of Invicta but I found yet another style I am going to put on the list for decisions of the next watch buy.

If you like the look of that Invicta Lupah you may want to check out the Invicta Forums which includes links to several online dealers and has photographs of many Invicta styles. The Invicta company appears to be a bit of a mystery - the name has been around for a long time but nobody seems quite clear on who makes them now. They apparently use several different qualities of movements - including some very nice 25J automatics - but there are some complaints on the 'net about indifferent quality control and style over substance. They make a very nice Submariner style watch and their Lupah collection has attracted a LOT of attention - especially after they were included in the gift bags at the Grammy awards show a year or so ago.

lemansnsx said:
Although Tag Heuer make some pretty sharp looking watches I feel compelled to point out that they are not very well regarded in watch enthusiast circles. I think that they are perceived as being more about style than any real quality or lasting value. No flames please, I'm simply posting another point of view to consider.

I am one of few divers that has yet to buy a dive computer. Instead, I have relied on my Tag during countless dives; basically, my life depends on the Tag and my own wits. (and I have never needed decompression or even had a close call!) Just another point of view.

Form being as important as function...Recently was watch browsing with a GOOD friend and saw the Tiger Woods Link. I just ordered one and it's on it's way. Guess I'm a Tag loyalist.

Back