• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Whats the funniest thing anyone's said about your car?

I'm an original owner of a 1991. Not too many people had the car back when I bought it. Happened across another owner and asked how he liked it.
His response was the best - I'm having a problem wiping off this "s--t eating grin" when I drive it. He was right.

I was stopped near a road construction site in York Maine. It started clouding up. One of the workers came over to me and said:

"Better get that Lamborghini indoors before it starts to rain."

He was nice enough to get one of the special detail police to wave me to the front of the line.

Every cloud has a silver lining!:wink:

My girlfriend does not like riding in the NSX but her and I cruised the coast yesterday. She kept saying how people were staring and as we passed a group of guys (early 20's), she said they gave a thumbs down. About 5 minutes later, 2 guys in a car next to us gave us the thumbs up.

Been getting the corvette comment lately too.

btw, these are funny to read

Last edited:
I got a 25K loan for my 03' last month. The loan lady asks me how much I am putting down, I said 27K and she had this disbelieve on her face. She asked, " are you sure this is an Acura?" She looked up her database, probably to make sure that I wasn't been cheated somehow to get a 2003 Acura for that much money. She thought I had mistaked the NSX with a MDX, she had never heard of the car. It was funny to see her reaction after she finally figured out that the car is indeed worth the money.

Same thing with my bank over the phone when I getting the loan for my '02. The rep said that she never heard of the NSX and was going to immediately Google it when we got off the phone.

I applied for mine at Pen Fed CU online and the car was not even listed. I had to call and even then it took them 20 min to find it. But I got the loan.:biggrin:

This isn't exactly about my car but sort of...

I was in Colorado at a rest stop next to the Colorado River last month, along I 80. Here's how the conversation went, between me and a guy there, as I was getting back in my car to leave:

guy: Is that your car?
Me: Yes.
guy: You own that car?
guy: Do you know you're the only one, or close to it? Women don't own NSXs. I was at a meet and there was a trivia question and there weren't any women owners in California. You're the only one.
Me: I don't think so. I've know other women who own them.

... Then we talked some more and I mentioned that I also have an S2000 that I've taken across country twice.

guy: Would you marry me in my next life?

...Then as he was getting in his mini-pickup I noticed he had a dual-sport motorcycle in the back. I backed up and said, "Oh, I gotta tell you, I have a dual-sport too. A Kawasaki KLX 300. He called me Princess as I drove away. :biggrin:

IMG_4126NSXCOreststop.jpg

^I took this photo before he walked up. The white pickup was his.

Last edited:
The other day while out driving, I was stopped at a light chatting with my girlfriend. A group of four younger gentlemen were turning right onto the street I was on, and after turning, stopped their car (and blocked traffic), looked it over, and all shot me the thumbs-up.

The driver then exclaimed, "DAMN, that b**ch is cleaner than a ho!"

I have no idea what that means, but I thanked him anyways.

The driver then exclaimed, "DAMN, that b**ch is cleaner than a ho!"

I have no idea what that means, but I thanked him anyways.

:confused::confused:These types of things make me feel old. On the other hand, when hearing these types of things, I really don't mind feeling older.

I was in Colorado at a rest stop next to the Colorado River last month, along I 80. Here's how the conversation went, between me and a guy there, as I was getting back in my car to leave:

guy: Do you know you're the only one, or close to it? Women don't own NSXs. I was at a meet and there was a trivia question and there weren't any women owners in California. You're the only one.

... Then we talked some more and I mentioned that I also have an S2000 that I've taken across country twice.

...Then as he was getting in his mini-pickup I noticed he had a dual-sport motorcycle in the back. I backed up and said, "Oh, I gotta tell you, I have a dual-sport too. A Kawasaki KLX 300. He called me Princess as I drove away. :biggrin:

IMG_4126NSXCOreststop.jpg

^I took this photo before he walked up. The white pickup was his.

I must say I love that color ! :eek::eek: and I would be in shock too if I saw a woman driving that car... lol :biggrin:

I would have asked, how many batteries does it take to make that so bright!

Kyras, what wax/polish do you use? Your finish is amazing.

Probably not what you'd expect. You have to realize that the car has been garaged and only has 16,000 miles on it so it's still like new. I've only had it since March. I use Black Magic, Wet Shine, Liquid Wax on it. Oh, but I had a clear bra put on the hood and front end so I use Plexus on that, and on the blue clear bra tint I had put on the headlights.

Probably not what you'd expect. You have to realize that the car has been garaged and only has 16,000 miles on it so it's still like new. I've only had it since March. I use Black Magic, Wet Shine, Liquid Wax on it. Oh, but I had a clear bra put on the hood and front end so I use Plexus on that, and on the blue clear bra tint I had put on the headlights.

Kyras, thanks for the info. Looks great.

OK - I'm at the Woodward Dream Cruise the other night with my NSX parked along Woodward Avenue (I work right on Woodward in the heart of the cruise territory).

I guy says to me "I really like your car". Then he proceeds to tell me that it was a Ferrari knock-off, that Ferrari sued Honda for stealing their design, and that, "after 3-4 years in court", Honda finally backed down and agreed to stop production!! LOL I told him the car was in production for 14 years and he said that it took Ferrari a while to win the case. I just let him ramble on.

I actually just read all 13 pages of this thread, and all I gotta say is I am now better prepared for the crap I'm going to face.

There are only a few things that make me angry in this life. Ignorant comments about what a car is or isn't, women calling cars "cute," and trash talkers claiming their car could "smoke" what ever I am driving.

I might have a problem on my hands. Hah!

I took mine to a car show on Sunday and sat there listening to what people said as they came up to my car.

One guy said the typical "oh man I thought it was a corvette!"
Two guys walk up in the middle of a conversation and one says to the other "I don't care, I like it!".. fill in the missing sentence that the other guy said right before that :cool:

In the middle of a car show full of hotrods and old muscle cars it was interesting to see the reactions from everyone. There were dozens of puzzled faces walking around it trying to figure out wtf it was. One guy comes up to me and looks around and says all quiet "well I'm a honda guy myself.."

One teenaged guy comes walking up with a few friends like "HEY AN NSX! I can spot one of these a mile away!"

yea. ive had people ask me if it was a nissan a bunch too.

yea ppl think its the Nissan NX.....

nissan-nx-parts.jpg

:redface: I dont see the resemblance?

After a long drive i stop at a diner to grab some food, as always I park alone abit away from others. Suddenly a Opel Speedsters come driving and decides to park along with my NSX.

They both step out of this small car and decides to walk around my car, clearly discussing the car loudly, when they are done they go to the diner, and sit down just behind me. I can still hear they discussing.

owner of opel: I'm sure the guy cant afford that car, ferraris is expensive.
passenger: Yeah either he won the lottery or he's living with he's mom.
(i'm kinda confused cause over here we got Honda emblems)
owner of opel: well i wouldnt want that car anyways, i love my car over any other.
passenger: I'm not so sure about that:biggrin:

I decide to end my stay at the diner and i go out to my car, as i open the door to the car, i turn around.. and the two "opel-lovers" are totally staring me down, and I display the biggest grin ever:biggrin::biggrin:

Back