• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

which is better for boost

if i am looking to buy an NSX and modify the crap out of it....ideally 130 trap speeds streetable for vacation driving...whats a better motor to use...figure building the bottom end and boosting it... the 91-93 3.0 or the 93+ 3.2? i have no interest in the tranny differences...just wondering which is a better foundation

There is still very little high boost experience with the 3.2. However, to achieve those levels you will need mods that probably make the differences in the blocks moot anyway. (Darton sleeves etc.) The 3.0 is so much easier to find that I would talk to FactorX about a stroker crank for it and go from there.

BTW, the 3.2 did not come out until model year '97.

robiferretti said:
if i am looking to buy an NSX and modify the crap out of it....ideally 130 trap speeds streetable for vacation driving...whats a better motor to use...figure building the bottom end and boosting it... the 91-93 3.0 or the 93+ 3.2? i have no interest in the tranny differences...just wondering which is a better foundation

If you already have a 91-94 NSX and want to purchase another motor to build, we would definitely go with the C30. The main reason being the cost of the motor. With a trap speed of 130 you will be looking at 550+rwhp. Running a Motec will definitely make it a more streetable set-up. If you have any further questions feel free to ask or all us direct.

is anyone running a SC with a built bottom end putting down power similar to what i am looking at? how much boost will the stock bottom end hold? and a forged one?

No one here has ever approached those powers using an SC without nitrous. For one thing there hasn't been a commonly available blower kit that could produce enough boost. The high-boost BBSC would be closest but so far I don't think anyone has one running at more than about 12psi which is not enough.

The fastest NSXs out there are still turbo based, which IMO are better suited to the NSX engine. That is unless you plan on a big shot of nitrous.

Back