• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which later-year OEM rims fit my 1991 NSX?

Just bought a 1991 red/black NSX. 30,000 miles. I would like to replace the rims. Will all of the 1995 to 2005 OEM rims fit? Will certain years fit?

Does Acura still manufacture the 1994-2001 Wheels?
First of all, there are four different versions: the gunmetal "Solaris Silver" colored 1994-1996, the brushed aluminum "Blades Silver" 1997-2001, the ones that were specific to the 1999 Zanardi Edition, and the optional white. All four are still shown in the parts catalog, so they should still be available new from Acura. However, the list price is $1300-2000 per wheel (plus another $45-60 for the center cap), so even with a healthy 20-25 percent discount, they're still extremely expensive to buy new. You're much better off looking for a used set (such as in the classifieds here on NSXprime), and be prepared to pay $1000 or so for a set in good condition.

Just enter your year/model info and it will list them. ASFIK, all the 2 3/4" are interchangeable; some are way less expensive than almost identical ones.

CORRECTION: They're not all the same. The NSX caps (and apparently a couple of others) have more depth (longer attachment tabs).

Last edited:
Welcome and congrats on your purchase! If it wasn't obvious from one of the previous posts, we have a great resource on Prime called the NSX Wiki. Make sure you check out all the information (not just the tire/wheel link). The NSX Wiki can be found on the red action bar at the top of most pages and has lots of useful NSX-related information on maintenance items, mods, etc.

Given the price, it might make sense to go aftermarket. What's the best place to find cool rims, Tire Rack? Looks like Tire Rack has only a few options though.

Buying new aftermarket wheels can be very pricey too.

If you get aftermarket wheels, you might want to stick with places who are familiar with the NSX's fitment, since it has some unusual characteristics (like different centerbore sizes, front vs rear). Have you looked at the assortment here?

My NSX has arrived. The stock wheels look great! I'm just going to stick with these.

Attachments

• NSX - front800.jpg
    NSX - front800.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 85
  • NSX - side800.jpg
    NSX - side800.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 105
My NSX has arrived. The stock wheels look great! I'm just going to stick with these.

I said the same thing...then a set of 2005 rims came up for sale. :biggrin:

Congrats on your purchase!

Attachments

• 1991NSX.jpg
    1991NSX.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
I said the same thing...then a set of 2005 rims came up for sale. :biggrin:

Congrats on your purchase!

yeah I changed my mind when I saw Oscar's red NSX with the gunmetal '02 wheels

How did you get the 2005 rims to fit??

I just bought a set of 5mm spacers from SOS. It was super easy...I didn't even have to change the studs. As I recall, they were around $50. However, the 2005 wheels cost a bit more. :wink:

yeah I changed my mind when I saw Oscar's red NSX with the gunmetal '02 wheels

I'm seriously considering getting mine powder coated gun metal grey. That's a great look. The 02-05 rims really fill out the arches so much better. However, I think the stock wheels/tires would perform better at the track (with the stock suspension set up).

Back