• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who had an NSX that made you want one?

Andrie Hartanto had one and we used to cruise in it. I loved it!

I talked Dhalsim into getting rid of his porsche money pit and get one. :)

True..........but that little Porsche was whipping your azz when I sold it.........:biggrin:

There was a guy here in town that had one and everytime I went to the bodyshop we delt with for work it was there. Seemed like it was always there. Everytime something different. This guy had to have the worst luck ever, but I sat in the car everytime I saw it there, {alot:rolleyes:}. The shop owner {a personal friend} new I had a huge fetish for this car but always insisted I did not want one because of the cost for body parts. Years later I have my own and the funniest thing is the same guy was jogging past my house not long ago and stopped to stare at my car in the driveway. Turns out he lives 30 seconds around the corner from me and still has that NSX in his garage.

No one in particular just the magazines/rare sightings in the wild/gazing at them in captivity.

Honda of America's Anna Engine Plant in Ohio. They had a '97 red one they used to reward employees with for 4 (very short) days. In 1999, my father was one of the lucky employees. Had to have one for myself after that. I'm trying to talk a guy I met at a car show into buying one. He said he liked the way mine looked, and he owned a couple of vettes. He wants something more reliable that he could drive more often, but still look good in. RELIABLE, DRIVE OFTEN (except during an Ohio winter :frown:), LOOK GOOD...NSX.

Not mine though. I bought mine when helping a friend search for a used porsche on craislist. I was like, man I never knew they could be had for less than 40k.

This older gent at work, I am thinking he is the CEO of one of the companies in my office bldng has a Bentley Continetal. He saw me walk to my NSX and started chatting. Told me to treasure the car :). Said that he owned one for a while after seeing Steve Woz of apple drive by one in 92 or thereabouts.

-vamsi

No one in particular just the magazines/rare sightings in the wild/gazing at them in captivity.

That's why I bought my first one. When I purchased it I was living in the UK and there were only 300 in the entire UK. Got an auto broker to source some and found the one I wanted.

Enjoyed the first one so much that I bought another when I came back to the U.S.

I always wanted one.. but John@Microsoft showed me his POS, ergh.. I mean NSX about 6 years ago and then I knew it was over...

Right before that though, I saw a BLK/BLK SLAMMED NSX that looked soooo bad ass - even more than mine :wink:, at least that's how I remembered it...

So anyway, yeah, other people.

Before I made up my mind, I couldn't choose between leasing a Porsche Boxster or buying an early-model NSX. I posted on Prime asking "Why do you guys/gals love your car so much? What is it about the car that you love?" Then, a fellow Prime member named NSXWIND PM'd me to meet him and he let me drive his NSX. What a nice gesture!

To this day, I'm grateful for NSXWIND's generosity.

To this day, I feel exactly how I felt in this thread:

First Ride/Drive: WOW!!!

I dont know who he was. He had a red NSX back in 94 or 95 and I only saw it once... for a very short time. I was coming out of Wears Valley (on 321) in my Celica and was on the straight. All of a sudden this red blur came out of a corner and past me like I was sitting still. I was going about 70mph because my Celica was super fast (or so I thought) and because I was 16 and thought I could drive.

Ever since High School I always loved it. I remember in the early 90's there was on in front me in Danville and I remember seeing the tail lights light up and I was in awe... It was silver. Everytime I drive it I love it. Even today driving it home I got a rush from hanging some little turns off the off ramp.

Last edited:
please, you know the first time we raced and I won you were shitting bricks! Then off to get it dyno tuned and a few thousand dollars later you started beating me. then it broke. Then we had no fun for a whole summer. :)

no no no....your memory is fuzzy.........the 951 was running like crap and your NSX was able to take it but then I blew a head gasket and while fixing the head gasket I figured I might as well put in a bigger turbo and downpipe. After that you couldnt touch it. Then I quickly sold it before it broke again.........lol :biggrin:

My doctor had one and I always looked at it when in the hospital parking lot. This went on for years. Finally he sold it to me.
It's the car I always wanted and now I have it. I rule!

Jeremy McGrath. The motocrosser. He had one at the Los Angeles Supercross that Honda had given him for winning the Championship in '91 or '92. I stood there for an hour looking at that thing.

The first one I ever saw was at an apartment complex I had partcial owership in. It was owned by a guy out of Boston and he was visiting one of our tenants over the weekend. It was under a cover and I kept looking to catch him taking the cover off. It was love at first sight.

Danica "go daddy":biggrin:
:biggrin:

Actually, it was a Friday night meet in Fremont/Milpitas that got me interested in 06. There was a Black NA1 and a Silverstone 02+. I think it was Jim and Gary. Also, someone told me it was better than my 300zx twin turbo.

It also helps when you have good friends and relatives that help work on these cars. Otherwise, I would have passed.

The first time I saw one was in a magazine and model kits when I was in HS back in Hong Kong during the early 90's. I hate red cars so I didn't care too much about the NSX (the one they shown was red). I fell in love after I saw a silver one driven by a HK actor (Tony Leung, the lead actor of "Red Cliff") and a GPW one in a car show.

Then I began my 15+ yrs of love for this wonderful car.

During my buying process, TigerNSX was extremely helpful in giving advice. I was looking to buy his Midnight Pearl NSX but I was one day late and a dollar short :tongue:. Anyhow, the rest is history.

1989 JDM Car mag with Ayrton Senna driving the Prototype. 20 years later... I need to scan that picture for you guys.

A good friend had a '91, called me in '98 and asked if I wanted to buy it. He gave it to me to drive for a few days and when I came back and said I'd take it, he decided he couldn't part with it. I had a very clear picture in my mind of me in it, had to go find one. And, no, he's not a car dealer :smile:

Back