• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

why people sell their nsx???

Just curious and that is all....

Why would you sell an NSX? I had very tough times and very good times but never crossed my mind to sell nsx.

Would like to hear what others say?

Last edited:
I've considered selling mine. I've owned it for a number of years, and this is the second one I've owned. So I've considered selling it for something different. I've given a Lamo serious consideration.

As an ONLY car, its not pratical. And mine WAS my only car. So I sold it, got a truck. I will eventually get another, but in the mean time I will drive my truck and have fond memories of the X :biggrin:

Performance would be the number one reason for me. My NSX looks and drives so well but it can not compete with other cars like the new corvete for speed. I would like to turbo mine but it is not legal.

Last edited:
Because it is still a toy, and thier are a lot of other toys on the shelves:wink:

There may not be too many other people who fit my category. I bought my first NSX just a few months ago! She's a ultra-low mile beauty, I love driving her, but I'm already contemplating selling if you can believe it.

My reason? I want more acceleration, more raw HP to go with that exquisite handling. I won't mod my '91 23K mile stocker, so I've got my eyes open for a well modded beast.

Mine is currently for sale mainly because I've had it for a number of years and I'm actually bored with it. I love it to death and still get the huge grin when driving it, but I only have a single car garage and I miss building cars so I want to get back into that. I'm sure i'll miss the nsx when its gone everyday but oh well. I can always get another one.

I've considered selling mine. I've owned it for a number of years, and this is the second one I've owned. So I've considered selling it for something different. I've given a Lamo serious consideration.

+1 my situation exactly

Fwiw,a high percentage of owners I have talked to over the years that wanted more HP kept the car after going FI.

I can't imagine selling mine......had it for 13 years now. When I think about more performance, I ask myself if I really need that extra one or two seconds to get to the end of a 1/4 mile....or that extra 20 MPH to get to 190....... the NSX is just so special.

Last edited:
$$$, something new/different, boredom, just not driven, various reasons. For me, the only thing that would peek my attention enough to hang on to it even more would be FI. Other than that, I'd have no problem letting it go for various reasons.

+1 my situation exactly

+2...but then I woke up, and realized it needs a clutch every 4k miles.

Sold mine a month or so ago, 15k miles and perfect.....wrestled with the idea of putting a turbo on it....thought about the PITA when I decided to sell it after that....Absolutely loved (still do) the looks of the car and the rareness but it was just lacking performance for me. Replaced it with a '06 997 C2S, drove that for a month and that one is gone already, replaced with a '07 997 TT w/4k miles! That's just me, I rarely keep any car for long....I think 3 years is my record, the NSX lasted less than 2. Wife says I gotta keep the new one for 3 years! We'll see....:biggrin:

Last edited:
Sold my Imola Orange Pearl/Onyx with 13k miles just 2 months ago...I sort of regret it but still happy I made the choice.

A number of reasons:
1. I wanted to keep the money in the bank as there is still a chance I might lose my job and to me its better keeping the cash in the bank than having a NSX on the driveway.
2. I didn't have full insurance on the car because it was a US import so only had 3rd party and it drove me nuts..
3. I got my full asking price which is unheard of in these times!:eek:

I can always come back to a NSX and probably will once I move back to Canada. :biggrin:

Last edited:
The 360 (and other cars) is getting so low in price I seriously considered making a switch for a "dream car". I will be keeping the car and going FI instead. This should help me avoid the nightmares associated with "dream cars".:wink:

I see two main reasons:

-family related (two-seater)
-money related (financial crisis and maintainance)

+ Upgrading to another sportscar. I can't imagine myself selling mine after all the money spent on it. A friend of mine sold his due to expansion in the family and the other one sold his because he can't actually afford to keep it.

I see two main reasons:

-family related (two-seater)
-money related (financial crisis and maintainance)

Last edited:
The 360 (and other cars) is getting so low in price I seriously considered making a switch for a "dream car". I will be keeping the car and going FI instead. This should help me avoid the nightmares associated with "dream cars".:wink:

Don't forget that going FI on a car that was never meant for FI can also lead to several nightmare scenarios.

I sold my first one because I wanted more power. I sold the second one because the more power lead to more problems.

I bought the vette cause I wanted power and reliability. So far, 3 years in, not one problem.

BUT, I do miss the NSX. I miss her sound. I miss her exclusivity. I miss having a true exotic car.

That being said, when I dump the vette, it will be for a lambo gallardo or a Ferrari 360. That is still a long way away I am afraid.

Don't forget that going FI on a car that was never meant for FI can also lead to several nightmare scenarios.

I sold my first one because I wanted more power. I sold the second one because the more power lead to more problems.
What "problems"...before I go this route?

Forced induction without a good tuner can blow your engine up, for one :D. It also causes problems for emissions and inspections for registration purposes, which is really important in Cali (and with the new regulations, coming soon to a town near you?). It's also an extra mechanical system in your car which requires additional maintenance (more frequent oil changes, inspections of components). The dealership is more than likely going to wash their hands of your car if you have any problems, so it's best to have a good mechanic available nearby.

That's all I can think of from my experience, after everything was worked out on the car I think the biggest problem I faced was registering the car anywhere that did emissions/inspections...I don't particularly want to remove/install it every year either.

Overall, it's worth it..but you have to know what you're getting in to...

You still did not mention what system you used for FI. :wink:

Back