• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

will my 2000 NSX handle better than friends C6Z06?

NetViper said:
PaulL said:
The C6 Z06 will handle better, almost no matter HOW you define handling. So will a C6, a C5 Z06, and a plain old C5.

We might be about equal to a C4!
QUOTE]

I don't think so. We are easily on par with the C5 and maybe a C6 (not Z06 in either).

This sounds right. The z06 out of the box (with equal drivers) in both C5 & C6 are better handling than a stock nsx. And again, I have to keep repeating myself, don't count mods.!!! If that were the case, with enough money, you can make an Aztek handle well!!

Why can't people just accept it? Sometimes I feel like I'm reading some other forum...."My Srt-4 is faster than an S2K"...."yeah, but an S2k with a supercharger is faster than your Srt-4"...."Oh yeah? Well, if I put in $1K into my srt-4, then it will be faster than your SCS2000!" :rolleyes:

I see the same thing happening here. "A C6Z06 is a better handler than an NSX."...."But an NSX with Type-R suspension and wider tires will outhandle the C6Z06."....."Well a C6z06 equipped with C6R suspension will out handle an NSX with Type-R suspension and wider tires"...its a never ending cycle.

The original poster just wanted to know whether his stock 2000 NSX-T handles as good as his friends stock C6Z06. Rant off, flame suit on!:biggrin: :biggrin:

PaulL said:
The C6 Z06 will handle better, almost no matter HOW you define handling. So will a C6, a C5 Z06, and a plain old C5.

We might be about equal to a C4!

What is the basis for that? I've owned a C4 and a C5Z06 before my Z06 and I don't agree with that. At higher speeds in the Corvette the hood starts to bulge upward and the steering felt light. The NSX feels rock solid. I won't even get started on the C4 I had...

ok, then let's just say your stock X will get "outhandled" by the c6, but there are plenty of X's out there that will outhandle the c6. I believe that the NSX R was recently rated as the best handling car out. So you easily say that the stock Type R is Honda's version of the stock Z06 and the stock R is a better "handling" car.

jjeray said:
ok, then let's just say your stock X will get "outhandled" by the c6, but there are plenty of X's out there that will outhandle the c6. I believe that the NSX R was recently rated as the best handling car out. So you easily say that the stock Type R is Honda's version of the stock Z06 and the stock R is a better "handling" car.

Exactly my point. Its an endless cycle. I bet you can make the Type-R handle even better with more modifications....BTW, where did you read that the type-R is the best handling car currently out? Hope its not Best Motoring DVDs....

Spinner said:
Exactly my point. Its an endless cycle. I bet you can make the Type-R handle even better with more modifications....BTW, where did you read that the type-R is the best handling car currently out? Hope its not Best Motoring DVDs....

Utilized on the Japan-only NSX-R model, the factory tuned NSX-R suspension is the result of a tremendous factory effort to create the best performance oriented suspension possible.

Using revised valving and spring rates exclusive to the 2002 model year NSX-R, the suspension uses specialized Showa dampers with high fluid capacity (external fluid reservoirs utilized). Although stiffer springs are used, the fast action, high fluid capacity, high quality Showa dampers are able to maintain a relatively smooth ride on rough pavement or track surfaces.

The suspension ride height is decreased for lowered center of gravity for improved stability during cornering.

On track testing is Japan has resulted in fantastic reviews from professional drivers and the media. The NSX-R was recently rated by the UK-based magazine Evo as the "sports car of the year" largely due to the suspension's balance and performance.

jjeray said:
Utilized on the Japan-only NSX-R model, the factory tuned NSX-R suspension is the result of a tremendous factory effort to create the best performance oriented suspension possible.

Using revised valving and spring rates exclusive to the 2002 model year NSX-R, the suspension uses specialized Showa dampers with high fluid capacity (external fluid reservoirs utilized). Although stiffer springs are used, the fast action, high fluid capacity, high quality Showa dampers are able to maintain a relatively smooth ride on rough pavement or track surfaces.

The suspension ride height is decreased for lowered center of gravity for improved stability during cornering.

On track testing is Japan has resulted in fantastic reviews from professional drivers and the media. The NSX-R was recently rated by the UK-based magazine Evo as the "sports car of the year" largely due to the suspension's balance and performance.

Sweet. EVO magazine. Good stuff.:cool: I always thought the Exige is one of the best handlers around.

AndyNSX said:
What is the basis for that? I've owned a C4 and a C5Z06 before my Z06 and I don't agree with that. At higher speeds in the Corvette the hood starts to bulge upward and the steering felt light. The NSX feels rock solid. I won't even get started on the C4 I had...

I hope to god he is wrong about the c5 and especially the c4 but feel isnt everything ...the best way I can sum that up is the way a magazine reporeter described th zr-1 doesnt feel like a solid car more like the blue angels a bunch of jets flying to gether in formation....... I really do hope the nsx in not comparable to a c4's handling characteristics though might change my mind about buying one... the way I understood was these are great track cars and that is whre they make up for the lack of power? I hope I am not wrong

sorry for being off topic and dragging the conversation father that way but I think the poster already got what he was looking for.

Anthony

i dnont think it is fair that you guys are Comparing the z06 to the base model nsx. compare the z06 to a type-r nsx and a nsx to a c6. that will make things alot more fair if you wanna compare the 2 cars.

i think it is fair is you were besides both are less than a nsx corvette also makes a type-r that is even faster and handls better also probaly is cheaper than the type-r not trying to bash as I love the nsx and would defintaely rahter own one than the corvette just pointing out some facts...well i am making an assumption on the price of the c5-r

NoMiEzVR4 said:
i dnont think it is fair that you guys are Comparing the z06 to the base model nsx. compare the z06 to a type-r nsx and a nsx to a c6. that will make things alot more fair if you wanna compare the 2 cars.

yeah, you're right..... it's not fair to compare the Z06 to the base model nsx, because the Z06 is a lot cheaper. the comparison is derfinitely in favor of the nsx, but it still can't cut it.... shows you that within 15 years.... shit changes (and i'm not talkin about the design of the nsx).

Someone should just look up some lap times on a popular course, all stock classes to make things like tires non variables since I'm not sure if that is fair. The NSX should be on par with the C5 and MUCH faster than a C4. It won't come close to a C6Z06, as that car is on par with quarter million dollar all out supercars. It will probably also be significantly slower than a C5Z06.

What does this mean? The NSX is power deficient compared to all these cars except the C4. If it is even close to the rest of the vett's times, it is certainly at least as good in the handling department gearing aside.

I have seen some documents/records with the NSX prettey far up there, but I don't have links so it means little.

Just an idea.

You know, neither of you can probably dirve either car at their handling limit. I'm not trying to be insulting, but both are incredible cars. Until you can, the question doesn't really matter. But, the NSX can make a newbie driver look better than they really are in the handling / braking department. It wouldn't surprise me to see a new driver in a C6 Z06 spin it or worse (it's a lot of car).

I've passed GT2s, Vettes and Vipers on the track. And had my but handed to me by a civic, a Volvo V70-R wagon with a professional driver at the helm. I guess station wagons outhandle NSXs. Ya right.

It's interesting to see who's saying what. I also don't see why some people are so sure that the Z06 clearly handles better who haven't even driven either car. I have not driven my friend's C6Z yet, but I have owned a C5 Z myself, so I can at least give somewhat of an relevant analysis. For people making assumptions about my driving abilities, all I can say is that I've driven performance cars for 7 years and I've graduated from a top Performance Driving School's Grand Prix Road Racing school.

Cornering limits, yes I'll give the Z that. That is the aspect of handling that's the most easily quanitfiable. But handling is more than just skidpad numbers/cornering limits. As far as how nimble and tossable the car is, I'll give that to the NSX. It's lighter, more weight towards the center of the car where the Z was heavier on the front and back ends. The NSX also feels more stable, and communicates much, much better with the driver. I still stand by NSX for the better handling car, while looking at handling in it's entirety.

That being said, the C5 Z06 is a great handling car, and I'm sure the C6 Z06 is even better, but I just don't see it making that jump to the NSX level.

Jasil said:
With the "feel" part taken out just go look at track times it's a easy answer going by those numbers.

Track times will definitely give insight, but don't always tell the whole story. I assume you're talking about the N-ring, or something like that. For instance, in a lot of cases Chevy will get their times from a professional driver while some of the other cars are driven by a private individual. Also, remember that tracks have straightaways. Power plays a huge role in track times.

AndyNSX said:
Track times will definitely give insight, but don't always tell the whole story. I assume you're talking about the N-ring, or something like that. For instance, in a lot of cases Chevy will get their times from a professional driver while some of the other cars are driven by a private individual. Also, remember that tracks have straightaways. Power plays a huge role in track times.

Mr. AndyNSX, my main man, just give it up before you start sounding like the Viper boys..:tongue::biggrin: :wink:

Fadi said:
Mr. AndyNSX, my main man, just give it up before you start sounding like the Viper boys..:tongue::biggrin: :wink:

Oh no you didn't!!!:biggrin: :tongue: BTW, saw your post on the VCA. I just sold my NSX and am waiting for my '97 GTS to get here.:biggrin: I'm sure the NSX is a much better balanced car overall, but I'm very excited about the blue Snake.:redface:

AndyNSX said:
It's interesting to see who's saying what. I also don't see why some people are so sure that the Z06 clearly handles better who haven't even driven either car. I have not driven my friend's C6Z yet, but I have owned a C5 Z myself, so I can at least give somewhat of an relevant analysis. For people making assumptions about my driving abilities, all I can say is that I've driven performance cars for 7 years and I've graduated from a top Performance Driving School's Grand Prix Road Racing school.

Cornering limits, yes I'll give the Z that. That is the aspect of handling that's the most easily quanitfiable. But handling is more than just skidpad numbers/cornering limits. As far as how nimble and tossable the car is, I'll give that to the NSX. It's lighter, more weight towards the center of the car where the Z was heavier on the front and back ends. The NSX also feels more stable, and communicates much, much better with the driver. I still stand by NSX for the better handling car, while looking at handling in it's entirety.

That being said, the C5 Z06 is a great handling car, and I'm sure the C6 Z06 is even better, but I just don't see it making that jump to the NSX level.

You have some valid points there. I just remember the day the C5Z06 stole the Rx-7's class position for SCCA's autocross....I keep hearing how great the Rx-7 (which I used to own..and believe it or not, I actually enjoyed it more than the NSX...when it ran, that was:tongue: ) and z06 were at these kind of events, but never the NSX (unless I'm missing something). I'm guessing the autocross is a good indication as to how "tossable" and how well a car handles...again, I'm just going by reported numbers & magazine articles and etc. I've never driven a corvette before.

Spinner said:
Oh no you didn't!!!:biggrin: :tongue: BTW, saw your post on the VCA. I just sold my NSX and am waiting for my '97 GTS to get here.:biggrin: I'm sure the NSX is a much better balanced car overall, but I'm very excited about the blue Snake.:redface:

Awesome!! Both great cars in different ways.

sahtt said:
Someone should just look up some lap times on a popular course, all stock classes to make things like tires non variables since I'm not sure if that is fair. The NSX should be on par with the C5 and MUCH faster than a C4. It won't come close to a C6Z06, as that car is on par with quarter million dollar all out supercars. It will probably also be significantly slower than a C5Z06.
Not by much.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=31&article_id=56

The C6 ZO6 is in a completely different league than the NSX. We're talking F430 and Carrera GT levels--in power AND handling.

I don't swear by stats by any means but the C6 ZO6 will embarrass the NSX on both lateral grip and slalom tests. If one is attempting to "quantify" handling then I guess stats are the way to do it. A great driver in an NSX is going to smoke a lousy one in a ZO6. But we're assuming a level playing field.

The Type-R would be a better match--maybe. But then again you're comparing two performance models. The base NSX and C6 ZO6 are apples and oranges.

One could reasonably compare the C5 ZO6 but that's where it stops.

And as far as the C4, including the ZR1--NSX wins hands down. C5 minimum comparison please--give the NSX a bit more credit.

Can anyone who rode in the ZO6 at Spring Mtn NSX track day comment? I didn't get a coveted ride.

Most of the NSX owners riding in the ZO6 were floored that day. And don't forget--these guys were coming right from their track-tuned NSXs--some S/C'd NSXs w/ Comptech suspensions.

The C6 ZO6 is a beast, period. Might as well compare the F430 to the NSX :rolleyes:

NSXGMS said:
The C6 ZO6 is in a completely different league than the NSX. We're talking F430 and Carrera GT levels--in power AND handling.

I don't swear by stats by any means but the C6 ZO6 will embarrass the NSX on both lateral grip and slalom tests. If one is attempting to "quantify" handling then I guess stats are the way to do it. A great driver in an NSX is going to smoke a lousy one in a ZO6. But we're assuming a level playing field.

The Type-R would be a better match--maybe. But then again you're comparing two performance models. The base NSX and C6 ZO6 are apples and oranges.

One could reasonably compare the C5 ZO6 but that's where it stops.

And as far as the C4, including the ZR1--NSX wins hands down. C5 minimum comparison please--give the NSX a bit more credit.

Can anyone who rode in the ZO6 at Spring Mtn NSX track day comment? I didn't get a coveted ride.

Most of the NSX owners riding in the ZO6 were floored that day. And don't forget--these guys were coming right from their track-tuned NSXs--some S/C'd NSXs w/ Comptech suspensions.

The C6 ZO6 is a beast, period. Might as well compare the F430 to the NSX :rolleyes:

Z06 is in a different league when it comes to straight line performance. Cornering ability is most likely better, judging from all the automotive press. However, I bet you anything, if you take a NSX R (over even a NSX T with R suspension) vs Z06, I'm confident that ordinary person can take the NSX closer to it's performance edge than the Z06. Leaf spring can be tuned to high level of performance, but Double WIshbone is just flat out better.

USDM NA2 NSX with NSX R suspension and CTSC will give 06Z06 run for it's money on any road course tracks.

...good lord....and if you put/tune a LeMans C6R suspension on the Z06, I'm sure it will wax the consumer NA2 NSX with a Type R suspension.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Spinner said:
...good lord....and if you put/tune a LeMans C6R suspension on the Z06, I'm sure it will wax the consumer NA2 NSX with a Type R suspension.:biggrin:

LOL! And if you put SuperGT pushrod-actuated suspension on the NSX, maybe the tide might again be turned the other way. :biggrin:

Back