• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

World's First (?) NSX Single Tip Tubi

prova4re said:
I was just going to use them as a pencil holder for my desk top, I guess the 6 pistons I have left over from the bbsc should do the trick. :)
Actually one of the requestors also wanted for a display feature along with his con-rod.
They admittedly would look nice on display, however the buyer is going to put them to more practical purpose ...... on an exhaust!

Ken,

WOW! That really turned out great! Nice weld job and everything lines up perfectly.

I'll be tied up for a few weeks, but let me know when you want to record a side by side comparison.

Charles

Ken,

As always "Excellent" job, we would not expect anything less... Can't wait to hear it...

Mike

Nice job! It looks OEM, which is cool.

Glad you didn't go for the carbon fibre items. I hate it when it carbon is used for pointless applications, just lame. If you had a full carbon backbox, that would be a different story!:biggrin:

The different bore will mean you'll get a different sound. Dual tips would be a bit louder because of the resonation between the two.

-Rob

Ken,
Very cool project - the end result looks perfect. I would love to hear it in person at coffee one weekend. Merry Christmas, Michael

Very cool and sounds great.

I might have missed this but do you also have an intake on your car? If so, what is it because it sounds great too!

Finally.... do you feel like you're getting any better performance out of the modified Tubi than your old Comptech unit?

Da Hapa said:
...do you also have an intake on your car? If so, what is it because it sounds great too!

I have CIS plus K & N in OEM airbox - there is a definite intake "whoosh" which adds to overall effect! Comptech Headers complete the package.
I'm looking forward to making a new sound clip under load so you can really appreciate it! Maybe today if it stays fair ...... :biggrin:

Da Hapa said:
...do you feel like you're getting any better performance out of the modified Tubi than your old Comptech unit?

I wouldn't say so - butt dyno can't really differentiate one way or other.

amgnsx said:
SWEET!!! :biggrin:
is there a sound difference between the single tip vs. the dual tip?
the sound clip outside the car sounded like my Tubi's (with comptech headers).
the sound clip inside the car sounded deeper.
the sound of the Tubi's will change when new especially first 1000 miles.

Hey Ken!

Now your rear end looks almost exactly like mine!!!.....Except that yours is more red in the center.

I built the exhaust myself and the tips went on last. I supported the tip in place and tacked it with a MIG. Then I removed the exhaust to run the bead with a TIG.

I think the tip we chose is the best. I wanted it to fit (fill) the opening in the 02 valance and the double wall resonated tips help to keep the volume down. I'm running two - 6 inch diameter Magna Flow mufflers which are tucked up as high as I could mount them. The mufflers are very different but the look from the back is the same as yours.

Aloha,
Steve

Attachments

• NSX Rear View.jpg
    NSX Rear View.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 202
Fabulous, Steven!
Your exhaust design of course is due to some very different requirements!

Tig makes a much better job of course but I had a big gap to fill, without having to make it significantly more complex. It's not like the original Tubi welds for sure, but it's passable.

Back