• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Zanardi #44 is for sale JH4NA2126XT000171

Re: Zanardi #44 is for sale

how is the interior?

EDIT. Just went through again and see that you state the interior is pretty scratched up.

ANY pics of the interior?

The seat bolsters aren't too bad and there are no tears in the leather but...

The car is missing the floormats and looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in years. And this was the condition that the kid selling the car brought it to me to be reviewed for OSUGrad.

The coin tray was simply disgusting.

Most of the high touch areas (painted area around the window switches, etc.) were pretty scratched up. I know I took at least one good picture of that for OSUGrad.

There are a ton of little dings, scratches, and marks on the body. Nothing that is too visible from more than a few feet (other than the wheels and front bumper) but if you are the least bit discerning, you'll see the issues.

As I said before, the car is far from a piece of crap. In fact, for the most part there's nothing that a little patience, time and $ can't bring back to the way Sochiro intended. But using the scale that NSXPRime has established the car is at best a C+ car. It has some deferred maintenance and has clearly not lived a pampered life.

Does anyone that looked at this car have entire side shots of the car? I would like to see overall condition, please. Thank you!

Hi Mitch -

Unfortunatley, I didn't take any general pictures like that because OSUGrad was looking for specific issues/areas of the car that needed attention.

In general the car looks like any other Zanardi but with heavily scratched wheels and in need of a good, thorough detail and some touch up paint.

Just an FYI on this beauty.

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/General/modelinfo/zanardi.htm

Zanardi Performance Modifications Weight difference ( lb )
Manual rack-and-pinion steering (Electric Power Steering deleted) - 32
Firmer, racetrack-tuned suspension + 0.9
Lightweight BBS alloy wheels - 8.8
Lightweight rear spoiler - 3.7
Lightweight battery - 6.8
Single partition glass - 4.2
Fixed hard-top roof - 95

Exterior
New wheel center cap --
Titanium shift knob + 0.4
Aluminum mesh intake covers + 0.2
Zanardi signature plaque --
Body-colored roof panel --
New Formula Red Exterior --

Interior
Perforated seat surfaces with red stitching --
Red-stitched steering wheel --
Red-stitched door lining --
Titanium look center console --
and instrument meter panel --
Titanium look door panel --

Total weight reduction 149

quick update I spoke to the contact on this car (Patrick) and he told me the car sold already and for the 44k they were asking for.

Nice! Anyone here?

Just an FYI on this beauty.

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/General/modelinfo/zanardi.htm

Zanardi Performance Modifications Weight difference ( lb )
Manual rack-and-pinion steering (Electric Power Steering deleted) - 32
Firmer, racetrack-tuned suspension + 0.9
Lightweight BBS alloy wheels - 8.8
Lightweight rear spoiler - 3.7
Lightweight battery - 6.8
Single partition glass - 4.2
Fixed hard-top roof - 95

Exterior
New wheel center cap --
Titanium shift knob + 0.4
Aluminum mesh intake covers + 0.2
Zanardi signature plaque --
Body-colored roof panel --
New Formula Red Exterior --

Interior
Perforated seat surfaces with red stitching --
Red-stitched steering wheel --
Red-stitched door lining --
Titanium look center console --
and instrument meter panel --
Titanium look door panel --

Total weight reduction 149

You forgot to add...

Total of 149 weight reduction that is same as NA1....
Fixed Hard top -95
Manual Power steering -32

actual "amazing" zanardi weight reduction a whopping 22lbs.

There are also 18 1997-2001 NA2 Coupes that have the same OEM treatment.

:wink:

No big deal guys, everyone knows the real HP difference besides the headers is about 10hp from the Na1 to NA2 pre 2002...... where on a post 2002 you may hit the lottery and find a unicorn B&B super type-r engine hidden it it..... threre are plenty of Japanese videos of lightly modded N/A NA1's keeping up with Type-R's on the track driven by drift King.

Last edited:

In case you did not notice I don't believe Alex Zanardi deserves the right to be even attached to the NSX.
I'm going to take exception to this, as Alex was and still is one of my all-time racing heroes. Anyone who ever saw him wrestle around the CART cars back in the day knows his keen skill and ability to pass, when and where others simply could not (especially on temporary street circuits).

That's all I'm going to say on the subject,
Brian

I'd still love to have a Zanardi!

Plus you can't compare a Zanardi production run or designation of 50 special cars to a Lancer OZ edition (thousands made). These cars were the only special NSX's that made it to USA shores. Had the Type R been offered in NA then even more special.

everyone knows the real HP difference is about 10hp from the Na1 to NA2 pre 2002...... where on a post 2002 you may hit the lottery and find a unicorn B&B super type-r engine hidden it it.....

is that why na1's dyno at 245rwhp and na2's at 270rwhp stock?
please do not reply to this can of worms.....

Last edited by a moderator:
(censored)

Patric' said:
You forgot to add...
Wow. Just, wow. Dunno where/how to even respond.

Momma always said, if you ya' got nuthin' nice to say... then don't say it!

So, I won't (reply/respond).

(wish others would abide by that! :()

p.s. I'll be sure to let Alex know of the referenced post above, next time I'm at the Ganassi house this holiday season.

Last edited:

Wow. Just, wow. Dunno where/how to even respond.

Momma always said, if you ya' got nuthin' nice to say... then don't say it!

So, I won't (reply/respond).

(wish others would abide by that! :()

p.s. I'll be sure to let Alex know of the referenced post above, next time I'm at the Ganassi house this holiday season.

I usually do abide by that but this is a forum and according to answers from my thread about keeping it respectful......
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99789

It seems real opinions are what people want here
Well I guess now the question is this a open forum or is it according to whatever the people in control want to hear.

As far as Alex Zanardi is concerned I Don't like him and don't have to either... Over the years he got embroiled in numerous contretemps with his rivals in F1 and CART, who on many occasions accused him of dangerous driving, unworthy of being a champion. His first titles were gained amidst the controversy of turfing others off the road - his victims (if so) the first to tell the world that men of their substantial talent do not need to resort to bullying. The sport is dangerous enough he forced other drivers to raise the bar on risking their lives to keep him from passing. He spun his tires irresponsibly coming out of the pits tying to keep position as he always does. Thank god he did not hurt anyone else and his future in racing could have led to many deaths or injuries.

My opinion is not a uneducated opinion, so please respect it rather than just writing off as some schmuck taking crap about someone. If I might add as a Human being he appears to be a good person who has fought for good causes, but that has nothing to do with how he got to where he is. And just because he was badly injured should not write his actions on track off the history books.

Thank you.

is that why na1's dyno at 245rwhp and na2's at 270rwhp stock?
please do not reply to this can of worms.....

after you take into consideration that I own both a 92 and a 97 as noted in my signature.

the NA2 270rwhp average is on the high side

the NA1 with OEM NA2 headers produces 250-255rwhp
The NA2 produces 260-265rwhp, thus the actual "engine" out put difference is 10HP.

The actual HP difference in headers on the NA2 alone is about 1/2 of the OEM Spec 3.0L to 3.2L HP difference

Also aftermarket headers show 20HP gain on 3.0L and only or / less than 10HP (sometimes only 8) on 3.2

if your average was 270rwhp was correct, than that would mean every NA2 has 310HP at the crank with a 13% drive train loss, which is absurd

So if you have proof otherwise please put it up..

Last edited:
intellectual responsibility...

Patricio, I'm not arguing/commenting in regards to your perceived freedom to post what you feel at will & of your own volition. I.D.G.A.S., in regards to that.

My concise & terse post was in regards to what you stated in regards to Alex Zanardi rightfully & deservedly getting what ultimately happened to him (an extremely violent & life-threatening accident, losing his lower limbs, undergoing many years of therapy/rehab', etc'). I'm not sure if you'll find tact & decency within yourself to edit edit/modify that out of your original post, which many others presumably found to be classless, immature, insensitive, and perhaps even pathetic. Alas, it's your opinion. But, generally belittling an individual & character-assassination usually follows actually meeting the said individual, observing in-person, and spending time w/ that person. Not he said, she said behind-the-back talk/banter (not even "that's what she said..." comic-innuendo).

Well at least where I come from, when it comes to being a man: it's mano a' mano when it comes callin' someone out. I guess times have changed. . .

Personally, I don't give a Weimar Republic's Reichs Mark worth of care as to why you/others don't fancy the Zanardi edition '99 NSX. But, to me it's an ideal combination of what was available at the time, nothing more - nothing less...

... an NSX in a relatively rigid coupe-form w/ a 3.2L motor & 6spd' transmission, updated ABS, sport/track-tuned Type_S suspension, thicker anti-roll/sway bar, limited edition lightweight BBS wheels in exclusive Washi Gray finish, Alcantara-covered seats & door-inserts, red-stitched dash & steering-wheel, titanium-tone center-console/door-trim, premium-leather shift-boot w/ real titanium shift-knob, sporty red-trimmed floor/trunk mats.

All that to me is yum, yummy, and even more yum. I don't get caught-up into the semantics of this-is-actually-that if you do-this-or-that. To myself, it's a turn-key NSX available in the precise combo' of equipment/options/accessories by Honda that I would've ideally desired. Tossing in after-market perspectives/scenarios into such an realm isn't privy to comparison, at least in the context being discussed.

My 2-pence, and I'm done & out! :cool:

Last edited:

I want one bad.........

Re: intellectual responsibility...

Patricio,I'm not sure if you'll find tact & decency within yourself to edit edit/modify that out of your original post, which many others presumably found to be classless, immature, insensitive, and perhaps even pathetic. Alas, it's your opinion. But, generally belittling an individual & character-assassination usually follows actually meeting the said individual, observing in-person, and spending time w/ that person. Not he said, she said behind-the-back talk/banter (not even "that's what she said..." comic-innuendo).

Well at least where I come from, when it comes to being a man: it's mano a' mano when it comes callin' someone out. I guess times have changed. . .

I believe you were the only person that found that as offensive as you claim.....The other posters after my post just commented on the HP ratings....alex's history as a driver....and whether or not they wanted one :rolleyes:

I will not remove my post because it does NOT say that Zanardi deserved what he got.
It states that when you do things that classify you as a dangerous driver in the industry you have to expect the that such a devastating result can happen. What happen to him was truly a sad moment in racing history but that does not glorify him stealing numerous victories by pushing other cars off track and constantly putting other drivers lives at stake. That is not how racing is done.

As far as the comment in which I brought Zanardi up was comparing why the heck Honda decided to brand its "special edition NSX" with Zanardi's infamous reputation rather than DEAD legendary Senna, the man is dead for god sake and were arguing about a man who was popularly known for putting other peoples lives in danger way to often and then hurt himself in the process. Its sad but true. sorry.

If you think that shows that I don't have the decency inside me to respect a man because of what happened to him, than your looking to far into the sad occurrence and not acknowledging the history I brough up.

Yes the Zanardi is a nice special edition because it it the only special edition we got. that's it nothing more. nothing less more like an options package than anything truly special.

Would I want one? Shure. Is it worth more than the cost of putting type-s springs on a NA2? NO. the Type-R's springs are better anyway. Maye worth 5k more than a comparable 1999. As far as collecting does..... Grab Mint low mileage 1991-1994's because as all non-biased collectors know they will be worth more in the long run.

:smile:
To the OP and Zanardi Fans. Sorry to hijack the thread. I will be gone now.

If the OP or any Zanardi owners would like my comments removed or edited please PM me and I will be happy to do so.. Thank you.

Last edited:
insolent desensitization...

I believe you were the only person that found that as offensive as you claim.....The other posters after my post just commented on the HP ratings....alex's history as a driver....and whether or not they wanted one :rolleyes:
Not quite, my friend. On instant-messenger (IM) and other pm's today, a great many Prime members are rather laughing/ridiculing/lampooning you, as we speak. Not I, though. I just found the initiative/fortitude to state publicly what's on my mind.

The others aren't choosing to post due to your past exploits on 'Prime as being a begrudging, persistent individual who won't let things go & incessantly post regardless in response (as per a few particular forum topics in the past, of which it was obvious the inability to "just let it go" & move on).
Patric' said:
It states that when you do things that classify you as a dangerous driver in the industry you have to expect the that such a devastating result can happen.
What... spinning-out on a straight-away makes an individual a dangerous driver and resultingly is validated by having another car moving as fast as a projectile split your car in half? So anyone that spins'out is worthy of losing their legs and be on life-support for weeks?

Such arrogance & condescending demeanor on your part. . .
Patric' said:
the Type-R's are better anyway.
Well my dad can beat-up your dad -or- my GF is hotter than yours... what are we in, pre-school? Stick to the topic at hand... '99 Zanardi edition NSX!

I don't recall anyone inferring or alluding to the contrary.

Ego-rationalizing/projecting doesn't make one's perspective/points anymore valid.
Patric' said:
Maye worth 5k more than a comparable 1999.

I agree w/ that, if any premium is bestowed on a '99 Zanardi edition NSX, that number seems to be apt.

As far as collecting does..... Grab Mint low mileage 1991-1994's because as all non-biased collectors know they will be worth more in the long run
It's all relative, as comparing a 4-8 year old predecessor which has bottomed out in residual-value to a model that still has room to depreciate a fair bit is not valid.

Besides, the only NSX that will ever be collectible, if one even will be ever, will be a pristine, micro-mileage, bone-stock, flawless museum-quality piece.
Patric' said:
I will be gone now.
Everyone on IM is happy now. Just wanted to point that out. Personally, I don't care either way. . .

Good-day, Sir. I said, good-day! ;)

Here is the real story, sorry to burst peoples bubble...
Honda had NA1 coupe bodies left over that they had trouble getting rid of after the introduction of the NSXT as seen in slow sales from 1995-1999 on regular coupes
They added the Zanardi name to the left over coupes from 1994
used the current NA2 engine added the type-s suspension and couple cosmetic tidbits.

I'm not so sure about this. In Japan, the Coupe was always available, and between normal Coupes, Type-S, Type-R, Type-S Zero, the Coupe sold well all the way to the end in Japan. In fact, the T was not very popular in Japan at all, and was outsold by Coupes by a wide margin. Also, the 1995+ Coupes have the extra structural bracing that the Ts have, and thus are different from 1994 Coupes. I seriously doubt that any of the later model Coupes are leftover 1994 bodies. A quick check of the parts books I'm sure will confirm this too.

As for the 1999 Zanardi NSXs themselves, stock for stock, they were the highest performance NSXs ever sold in the US.

Last edited:

Patricio,why don't you put your extensive fund of factual nsx knowledge to good use,by helping update the wiki:wink:

i personally find patricos post offensive,,, i normally don't correct posts, but patrico's post has so much mis information it has to be pointed out that...

Zanardi a mediocre driver
.. hmm. let's see he won the cart (highest open wheel in the US at the time) championship either 2 or 3 years in a row. That is not mediocre. he also has the most famous pass in the cork screw at laguna seca over bryan herta ever seen until valantino rossi just did it on a gp bike earlier this year.

ZanardI is an inspiration
.. he lost both legs and after that still continued to drive race cars competitively for bmw and other marques.
last year he was asked to speak for one of his sponsers at the new york marathon with only a month to go to the marathon, he decided that he should also compete in the wheel chair class and with that much time to prepare he finished either 2nd or 3rd in his clss.

Your comment that it should be a Senna nsx instead of this no name driver
in case you hadn't noticied formula one is not very popular in the us. (i have watched every race for the last 20 years) but most american's would not know who Senna was. (to me he is the best ever) but the point is in japan honda marketed the car as the type s, in the us they called it Zanardi and they gave him the first one. at the time zanardi was winning his 3rd consective championship and was very popular.

your comment that honda used left over na1 coupe for the zanardi

Again this is NOT true. The Zanardi was a Japense Type S NSX with the carbon kevlar seats removed (likely due to us crash test regs) and with a badge added by honda at the port of long beach (the zanardi badge was added one at a time as the cars hit the port). this is a nA2 coupe with the stronger chassis (larger extruded aluminum sections under the doors). Not the same chassis, engine, transmssion, And also had the improved NA2 body panels that are stronger , lighter and made from a higher grade aluminum then NA1

Patrico, i am not trying to be a jerk by posting the above.. the problem is on the internet anyone with a keyboard can state their opinons as fact. the problem is your post is deragatory and not fact based.

Last edited:

Dumb Honda instead of paying tribute to a passed away legendary Senna used the douche bag that was driving for them at the time. Dumb move that did not help selling many cars either. And they put zanardi name on a senna tuned left over coupe body

the douche bag that was driving for them at the time :eek:

WOW! really? like momma said, "if I don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all."

Alex was th................................

They should have called it the Ginther, but a couple people at Honda didn't know who he was; and why should we name a car after him?

Last edited:

You forgot to add...

Total of 149 weight reduction that is same as NA1....
Fixed Hard top -95
Manual Power steering -32

actual "amazing" zanardi weight reduction a whopping 22lbs.

There are also 18 1997-2001 NA2 Coupes that have the same OEM treatment. :wink:

Honda had NA1 coupe bodies left over that they had trouble getting rid of after the introduction of the NSXT as seen in slow sales from 1995-1999 on regular coupes
used the current NA2 engine added the type-s suspension and couple cosmetic tidbits.

I don't care if your post is nice or offensive. It is just a matter of opinion. However, you need to get the facts straight instead of fabricating them or simply ignorant about them. As an owner of both a 2001 NA2 Coupe and a 1994 Coupe concurrently, I can tell you that they are different in rigidity and structure. The NA2 coupe is stiff as hell and does not even have a rear tower brace or anchor.
I have attended the NSX Fiesta in Japan twice and most NSXs there are coupes including most of the 2002+. There is NO such thing as the "left over" coupes from 1994 as you wrongly stated.
The Zanardi is a much stiffer and more capable car than most of the NSXs in the USA. I don't want one just because of the color and lack of power steering. A few years ago, I owned a 1992 and a 1997 GPW at the same time for a few years and I drove them daily. My current 1994 has CTSC, Comptech exhaust ,Comptech headers, short gears, 4.23 R&P, Bilsteins, Stoptech BBK, and RM racing anti roll bars. The 2001 Coupe is bone stock. I can tell you that the NA2 coupe is almost as fast as my 1994. In fact, off the line, the NA2 coupe is quicker than the 1994. When I first drove my NA2 coupe, I was very pleasantly surprised by how fast and responsive it is compared with my 1994. The Zanardi is quicker and faster than my NA2 coupe, period.
Steve

Last edited:

Can you site where you received your info???

Last edited:

i personally find patricos post offensive,,, i normally don't correct posts, but patrico's post has so much mis information it has to be pointed out...

Thanks for posting. I, too, found patrico's post unbelievably misinformative and in poor taste. As an avid racing fan, I find Alex Zanardi's story completely inspiring both professionally and personally.

The guy is revered by those who know him and competed against him. To say he's a "douche bag" is foolish, hateful, and disgusting.

I usually do abide by that but this is a forum and according to answers from my thread about keeping it respectful......
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99789

It seems real opinions are what people want here
Well I guess now the question is this a open forum or is it according to whatever the people in control want to hear.

As far as Alex Zanardi is concerned I Don't like him and don't have to either... Over the years he got embroiled in numerous contretemps with his rivals in F1 and CART, who on many occasions accused him of dangerous driving, unworthy of being a champion. His first titles were gained amidst the controversy of turfing others off the road - his victims (if so) the first to tell the world that men of their substantial talent do not need to resort to bullying. The sport is dangerous enough he forced other drivers to raise the bar on risking their lives to keep him from passing. He spun his tires irresponsibly coming out of the pits tying to keep position as he always does. Thank god he did not hurt anyone else and his future in racing could have led to many deaths or injuries.

My opinion is not a uneducated opinion, so please respect it rather than just writing off as some schmuck taking crap about someone. If I might add as a Human being he appears to be a good person who has fought for good causes, but that has nothing to do with how he got to where he is. And just because he was badly injured should not write his actions on track off the history books.

Thank you.

after you take into consideration that I own both a 92 and a 97 as noted in my signature.

the NA2 270rwhp average is on the high side

the NA1 with OEM NA2 headers produces 250-255rwhp
The NA2 produces 260-265rwhp, thus the actual "engine" out put difference is 10HP.

The actual HP difference in headers on the NA2 alone is about 1/2 of the OEM Spec 3.0L to 3.2L HP difference

Also aftermarket headers show 20HP gain on 3.0L and only or / less than 10HP (sometimes only 8) on 3.2

if your average was 270rwhp was correct, than that would mean every NA2 has 310HP at the crank with a 13% drive train loss, which is absurd

So if you have proof otherwise please put it up..

i don't care what you bolt-on- comparison is stock-to-stock. as usual all the claims are based on what you read here. if you are that curious then compare the torque/hp curves instead of just the peak hp (you do understand what the actual area under the curve represents?) thats where the improvements in power and its delivery are on the na2, not just the peak hp.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not quite, my friend. On instant-messenger (IM) and other pm's today, a great many Prime members are rather laughing/ridiculing/lampooning you, as we speak. Not I, though. I just found the initiative/fortitude to state publicly what's on my mind.

The others aren't choosing to post due to your past exploits on 'Prime as being a begrudging, persistent individual who won't let things go & incessantly post regardless in response (as per a few particular forum topics in the past, of which it was obvious the inability to "just let it go" & move on).

I have not received 1 single PM in complaint of any thing I have ever said anywhere on this forum in the past 2 years.... never even 1.

Please send me a PM if someone is actually offended so I can correct my actions and adapt my forum behavior to be more appropriate for NSXPRIME

I again apologize for sarcastically posting my opinions

What... spinning-out on a straight-away makes an individual a dangerous driver and resultingly is validated by having another car moving as fast as a projectile split your car in half? So anyone that spins'out is worthy of losing their legs and be on life-support for weeks?

I don't believe you allowing your self to overlook that particular incident and look into the other many times he put people at risk. He is known as a dangerous bully driver. on many accounts prior to the accident that your talking about. Once again, I was referring to him having a history as dangerous driver.

Such arrogance & condescending demeanor on your part. . .

I just don't see it that way

Well my dad can beat-up your dad -or- my GF is hotter than yours... what are we in, pre-school? Stick to the topic at hand... '99 Zanardi edition NSX!

I was specifically stating that the type-s suspension is an inferior performance suspension than the type-r which is commonly known

I don't recall anyone inferring or alluding to the contrary.

Ego-rationalizing/projecting doesn't make one's perspective/points anymore valid.

I agree w/ that, if any premium is bestowed on a '99 Zanardi edition NSX, that number seems to be apt.

It's all relative, as comparing a 4-8 year old predecessor which has bottomed out in residual-value to a model that still has room to depreciate a fair bit is not valid.

Besides, the only NSX that will ever be collectible, if one even will be ever, will be a pristine, micro-mileage, bone-stock, flawless museum-quality piece.

Everyone on IM is happy now. Just wanted to point that out. Personally, I don't care either way. . .

Good-day, Sir. I said, good-day! ;)

Patricio,why don't you put your extensive fund of factual nsx knowledge to good use,by helping update the wiki:wink:

smart guy. I like it.:wink:
I don't believe my knowledge is at the level of contesting nor adding to the wiki, if I wrongly comment about something that is already written in the wiki please correct me. But I think I have it practically memorized

i personally find patricos post offensive,,, i normally don't correct posts, but patrico's post has so much mis information it has to be pointed out that...

Zanardi a mediocre driver
.. hmm. let's see he won the cart (highest open wheel in the US at the time) championship either 2 or 3 years in a row. That is not mediocre. he also has the most famous pass in the cork screw at laguna seca over bryan herta ever seen until valantino rossi just did it on a gp bike earlier this year.

more like infamous! that was completely irresponsible! Good example of why he was regarded as a dangerous driver have you seen the video and watched closely as Brian Herta if forced to avoid hitting zanardi at the first apex? plus im sure Herta was slowing down to avoid collision with out of control zanardi cutting him off coming out of the turn as well!

Not to mention a couple months earlier Zanardi bumped Brian Herta into the tire wall at the PPG Cup championship, Zanardi was fined $25,000 for rough driving and put on probation for the rest of the season. Please get the full story

ZanardI is an inspiration
.. he lost both legs and after that still continued to drive race cars competitively for bmw and other marques.
last year he was asked to speak for one of his sponsers at the new york marathon with only a month to go to the marathon, he decided that he should also compete in the wheel chair class and with that much time to prepare he finished either 2nd or 3rd in his clss.

I agree his is an inspiration for his actions and what he has done after the accident, All my comments were regarding his CART history as a driver only. He is very giving and a good man off the track. Which I have no problem admitting

Your comment that it should be a Senna nsx instead of this no name driver
in case you hadn't noticied formula one is not very popular in the us. (i have watched every race for the last 20 years) but most american's would not know who Senna was. (to me he is the best ever) but the point is in japan honda marketed the car as the type s, in the us they called it Zanardi and they gave him the first one. at the time zanardi was winning his 3rd consective championship and was very popular.

Senna was and still is much more known here in the US than Zanardi
Senna - maybe Top 5 drivers in F1 history
Zanardri- maybe TOP 20 drivers in CART?

the douche bag that was driving for them at the time :eek:

WOW! really? like momma said, "if I don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all."

Alex was th................................

They should have called it the Ginther, but a couple people at Honda didn't know who he was; and why should we name a car after him?

douche bag term is sarcastic humorous term commonly used to describe various actions including but limited to someone who acts carelessly or ignorant to someones safety. ie. "That douche bag just cut me off!"

It's not even considered a curse word

I don't care if your post is nice or offensive. It is just a matter of opinion. However, you need to get the facts straight instead of fabricating them or simply ignorant about them. As an owner of both a 2001 NA2 Coupe and a 1994 Coupe concurrently, I can tell you that they are different in rigidity and structure. The NA2 coupe is stiff as hell and does not even have a rear tower brace or anchor.
I have attended the NSX Fiesta in Japan twice and most NSXs there are coupes including most of the 2002+. There is NO such thing as the "left over" coupes from 1994 as you wrongly stated.
The Zanardi is a much stiffer and more capable car than most of the NSXs in the USA. I don't want one just because of the color and lack of power steering. A few years ago, I owned a 1992 and a 1997 GPW at the same time for a few years and I drove them daily. My current 1994 has CTSC, Comptech exhaust ,Comptech headers, short gears, 4.23 R&P, Bilsteins, Stoptech BBK, and RM racing anti roll bars. The 2001 Coupe is bone stock. I can tell you that the NA2 coupe is almost as fast as my 1994. In fact, off the line, the NA2 coupe is quicker than the 1994. When I first drove my NA2 coupe, I was very pleasantly surprised by how fast and responsive it is compared with my 1994. The Zanardi is quicker and faster than my NA2 coupe, period.
Steve

So your CTSC 350rwHp 1994 is barely faster than your 270hp 1997?

Defying the laws of physics I see....

Okie dokie.:confused:

Can you site where you received your info???

That is called automotive economics, funny thing they did not even attempt to sell coupes after that 1999. No they were not trying to unload coupes... not at all..... maybe not 1994 left overs but unloading coupes for sure.

Do I have proof? No. so its just my educated opinion

Thanks for posting. I, too, found patrico's post unbelievably misinformative and in poor taste. As an avid racing fan, I find Alex Zanardi's story completely inspiring both professionally and personally.

The guy is revered by those who know him and competed against him. To say he's a "douche bag" is foolish, hateful, and disgusting.

foolish, hateful, and disgusting....... wow.....I believe that there was a handful of words that I could have used if that level of hatred or foolishness was represented.

A douche bag can be used in conversation without having people look at you like you just dropped the F-bomb, were far from the level my comment has been blow out of proportion here

If you really want some info

I worked for Paul Neuman here in Philly to bring Champ car to Philadelphia in 2005. Which got turned down after much negotiation.

I own The Philadelphia Museum of Art Vintage Race scheduled for 2009 on a 2.1 mile center city road course, along with Formula SAE and Kart racing series that I am adding in for the same day.

No one here knows me nor my contacts nor what I actually do.

Enjoy your conservative forum.

Shoot me a PM if your offended by my post. I'm curious to know who really thinks I'm a that offensive, or would like comments removed.

And I really don't want to add any more posts to this particular thread so please just shoot me a PM so I can start another forum conduct Thread to address my distasteful conduct leading to supposed laughing/ridiculing/lampooning by such intelligent long time Members and individuals who I would like to communicate with in "NSX world".

That is called automotive economics, funny thing they did not even attempt to sell coupes after that 1999. No they were not trying to unload coupes... not at all..... maybe not 1994 left overs but unloading coupes for sure.

Do I have proof? No. so its just my educated opinion

Again, the Coupe to T ratio in Japan is exactly the opposite of the US. Most NSXs sold, even to the very end in 2005 were Coupes, with very few Ts. Since Japan represents roughly 1/2 of the NSX sales (give or take), that's a significant number that they didn't have to try to unload a measly 51 cars in the US to get Coupes moving.

Last edited:
Back