• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

02 vs older style?

Is it just me, or does anyone else here kinda like the older body style over the 02+ version? Just curious. To me, the older style looks more sporty. On the other hand though, the 02+ style does look more "exotic." Just curious if anyone else feels this way.

I like the new styles lower valance, sideskirts, sidevents, and wheels. I do not like the frogeye headlights especially with them sticking up. If they would have made the headlights flush like gerry johnsons then it would have been nice. Plus I like the turnsignal from the older model. I plan to buy some of the 02+ bodyparts but I am keeping the front the same pop up style. :smile:

It's a matter of taste and preference. Personally for me, I would not buy a newer bodystyle nsx unless i was doing a retro conversion. The new style reminds me of a mutant cross between the c6 vettes and a newer honda prelude.. but hey.. that's just me!

I personally loveee the new style.... and thats why I've updated my whole car!!!:wink:

I like them both. The original research and development to produce the first generation NSX was cutting edge for the early 90's. The design was starting to look somewhat dated a decade later, so Honda refreshed it as best as they could whithout producing a whole new vehicle. Fixed HID halogen headlights are definitely the benchmark today as with most supercars. I guess it is all preference. My goal is to own all 3 someday. First gen, second gen and third gen or HSC or whatever it will be called.

First of all i didn't like the facelift but it has grown on me to the point of preferring it. This was confirmed when my dad's pre-facelift was parked next to a the red UK press car. It looks a lot more modern and masculine IMO. I don't like the extra bit of bumper on the back though.

-Rob

Actually it depends on which one is fewer. To my understanding in my country mine is the only one with the new lamps. Many want to do it but not prepare to spend on updating their cars.

I LOVE the older style! That's why I bought my 96, I'm a sucker for hidden headlights. I do kind of like the newer taillights with the orange dot, I love the perferated seats and silver accented interior. I have mixed emotions on the newer lower part of the frontend.

96 NSX-T said:
I LOVE the older style! That's why I bought my 96, I'm a sucker for hidden headlights. I do kind of like the newer taillights with the orange dot, I love the perferated seats and silver accented interior. I have mixed emotions on the newer lower part of the frontend.

I do not mean this in an offensive way, but are you sure you didn't buy a 96 for financial reasons? because there is a big gap from 96 to 2002. I would believe your argument more if you said you bought an '01 ;)

I like the newer headlights and front spoiler. Flip-up lights, never liked them, even in 90. I drive with my headlights on all the time for safety and to keep poeple aware I'm on the road and moving, and don't like the added air resistance. If I had a chioce without financial pressure, I'd get the 02+. JMHO

supra2nv said:
I do not mean this in an offensive way, but are you sure you didn't buy a 96 for financial reasons? because there is a big gap from 96 to 2002. I would believe your argument more if you said you bought an '01 ;)
Like the rest of us, I loved the NSX from the first time I saw it, so I saved up my milk money and for 2 years searched for the perfect car and yes, deal. So when I found this one I pulled the trigger. At the time it was looking at a red Ferrari 348, a white Rolls Royce, or the NSX. After consulting a buddy of mine that use to be used car manager at the local Acura dealer here he said get it and I did. No regrets.:smile:

I love the NSX looks no matter what year/bodystyle it is. It's still an NSX and will always be badass.

i love'em both,...i have a 91, and considered updating,..but i know i'll miss the pop up lights and rectangular signals. but the new body style has grown on me. i wish there was a quick conversion kit thats reversable...oh well:smile:

Any NSX is sporty and exocitic. They are all outstanding in their appearance and performance. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder; one is not better than the other.

Just think of older NSX as 512TR and the newer one 512M. Same body different headlight and rear light.:smile:

The 02+ is indeed a updated "look" for the NSX. It's a matter of personal taste.
The earlier style still has a lot of allure.

Add a little vented CF hood to a 91 and presto-chango-retro!:wink:

Oh, BTW, this topic has been discussed to a point where I hafta say:

http://simplythebest.net/sounds/WAV/WAV_files/cartoon_WAV_files/cant_takeit.wav

64297_frt_sm.jpg

Last edited:
Older for sure. With that said, I do love the rear valence on the new one.

I have owned NSX's with both the new and old headlights. I personally prefer the updated look of the 2002+ headlights, BUT, not in the stock form.

By that, I mean, when you look at a completely stock 2002+ front end, the front lower lip isn't low enough to support such big headlights. The end result is the often mentioned "frog eyed" look.

If you put a little bit more aggressive front bumper on the car, I think the 2002+ looks great. JMHO.

NSXphotos003.jpg

Hrrm. Reading all of the negative posts by NA1 owners makes me feel sad. There are times that I wish I would have bought a NA1, but frankly im still very happy to own my 2002. Its VERY unique, and I love the styling. Its been a fabulous car so far as well.

Just wondering, and I KNOW this is a VERY stupid question...

HAS anyone with an 02+ switch back to a 91-01 look?
please dont flame me, I'm just curious.

Back