• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

'03 for $45k?! JH4NA21603T000096

What really scares me about these scams is that the only way we are identifying them is because the price is too good to be true. Suppose this same car were listed for, say, something like $65K. Sounds like a good deal, but not so overwhelming that you would think it's too good to be true. If you were looking for a 2003 NSX-T, you might be taken in a lot easier with a more realistic price. :eek:

indeed.

the thing that blows me away is the fact that these scams exist to begin with, and the fact that there is (basically) no way to catch the perpetrators. while the internet definitely offers buyers more opportunities to buy, it's definitely not for beginners!

Maybe there is a deduction for these not so popular options (copied directly from the ad)

Cassette Radio, CD Player, Tow Package, Cruise Control, Power Seats, Memory Seats, Tinted Glass, Rear Window Wiper, Remote Keyless Entry, Anti-Lock Brakes, Airbag: Driver, Airbag: Passenger, Power Windows, Power Locks, Leather Interior, A/C: Rear, Sunroof/Moonroof, Rear Window Defroster, Alarm, A/C: Front, Power Steering, Airbag: Side, Alloy Wheels, CD Changer, Third Row Seats, Navigation System, Fog Lights, TV/VCR, Premium Sound

This was also on autotrader for awhile.

Has anyone run the vin? I'm curious that maybe they just need to sell it.

WingZ said:
I'm curious that maybe they just need to sell it.
Sure, they just need to sell it. Using a phony Wisconsin telephone number, for a car that is at a dealer in Texas. Uh huh... :rolleyes:

I just need to sell this bridge in New York City. I'll sell it for $45K, even though it's worth millions. Anyone interested? :D

ANYTIME said:
Maybe there is a deduction for these not so popular options (copied directly from the ad)

Cassette Radio, CD Player, Tow Package, Cruise Control, Power Seats, Memory Seats, Tinted Glass, Rear Window Wiper, Remote Keyless Entry, Anti-Lock Brakes, Airbag: Driver, Airbag: Passenger, Power Windows, Power Locks, Leather Interior, A/C: Rear, Sunroof/Moonroof, Rear Window Defroster, Alarm, A/C: Front, Power Steering, Airbag: Side, Alloy Wheels, CD Changer, Third Row Seats, Navigation System, Fog Lights, TV/VCR, Premium Sound
All of those upgrades could be done. Why are you doubting this guy?

Of course, I am wondering how you get Third Row Seats in a 2-seater. Is the engine the implied 2nd row, and they installed seats in the trunk?

I would like to try a set up an appointment to meet one of these scammers to 'give them the check' and then bust their sorry butts!! Somehow serve them some justice.... :mad:

Back