• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

04 NSX Sold in So. Cal.

Are you sure someone paid that much? Makes more sense to get an 02 with like 50 or 60k on the clock for less:rolleyes:

Deal of the year if true! Could happen...

$60K would be a very strong price. Thenagain, I would walk from that car because of the acura badge that was upside down...too fish...one, I dont want it removed in the first place. two, dont know why it was removed. three, why the heck would someone put the badge back on upside down? four, if they put the badge down upside down, what else did they put on incorrectly?

you know for a fact it sold for $69K???

or was that the asking price:confused:

something's amiss...

Just to keep this thread from reaching a denigration point of no return...

It's perhaps plausible the individual may have paid $60k only for the NSX in question and the total out-the-door cost was $69k

Ex.

Negotiated NSX price: $60,000.00

Possible down-payment: - $ _ _ , _ _ _ . _ _

Financing 5yrs/60months @ 5.5%: $ _ , _ _ _ . _ _

Dealership documentation/paperwork-fees: $ _ _ _ . _ _

CA TTL: $ _ , _ _ _ . _ _

Out-the-door cost: $69,000.00

IMHO... if a dealership is asking $74.9k for a vehicle, it's rather unlikely (though possible) for them to let it go for $60k out-the-door.

I spoke to the selling dealer last friday. They sold it for over $69,000, they were asking $74,900.

dealers tend to bs...just my experience in this stuff. They are motivated to quote the final sale price as close to asking price as possible.....

I just put this thread up to show all the NSX owners on prime that our cars are still very desirable. I did not want to get in a pissing match. The dealer is a friend of mine and has no reason or anything to gain by b.s.ing me, you guys believe what you want, they sold it for $69,000 plus tax and license.

What is the residual value of the NSX after 2 or 3 years lease set by Honda?

It is 100% possible to buy that NSX for $60k, it's 4 years old!!!

Honda dealerships don't hold their cars like private sellers would. They go by whole sale book, in fact, they probably paid less than whole book for that car.

I spoke to the selling dealer last friday. They sold it for over $69,000, they were asking $74,900.

So if the dealer told you that NSX can fly, would you believe it?

Last edited:
...Thenagain, I would walk from that car because of the acura badge that was upside down...too fish...one, I dont want it removed in the first place. two, dont know why it was removed. three, why the heck would someone put the badge back on upside down? four, if they put the badge down upside down, what else did they put on incorrectly?

It's possible this NSX had a clear bra put on and the badge was removed and then replaced to facilitate the installation. The installer could have put the badge on upsidedown. Of course, this is just one possibility among others.

Last edited:
who cares?
-that the emblem was upside down. it is held on simply with double sided tape and it is easily removed. could have been removed due to clear bra, to run another emblem (H emblem, color matched a emblem etc) could have been removed and replaced upside down bc the owner thout that was better.
- about the selling price for this car. whether it was sold for 60k or 69K regardless, the price of one car says nothing about the market for these cars. some cars are going to sell for less and some for more then market.

this thread is going nowhere. If i was the owner of this car i dont think i would find all the debate and speculation about the selling price and why the badge was upside down amusing. this is all inmaterial.

who cares?
-that the emblem was upside down. it is held on simply with double sided tape and it is easily removed. could have been removed due to clear bra, to run another emblem (H emblem, color matched a emblem etc) could have been removed and replaced upside down bc the owner thout that was better.
- about the selling price for this car. whether it was sold for 60k or 69K regardless, the price of one car says nothing about the market for these cars. some cars are going to sell for less and some for more then market.

this thread is going nowhere. If i was the owner of this car i dont think i would find all the debate and speculation about the selling price and why the badge was upside down amusing. this is all inmaterial.

agreed...dont we have better things to do?:biggrin:

Back