• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

06 Honda Ridgeline

Drove the new Ridgeline today. Came away quite impressed for what it is. Seems like a great truck if you need a daily driver strong enough to pull your NSX or motorcycles. The thing was quite stiff and handled VERY well.

How was the low-end TQ? I would assume that is what most trucks need.

Just saw the TV commercial on NYPD Blue. Just as ugly on TV as in the magazines. Makes you think that only Toyota can come close to designing a truck that looks half way decent.

Just saw one at the Honda dealer with $6,000 dealer mark up. :eek:

The 2 ways the tailgate opens and the "trunk" on the bed will for sure be copied by other truck builers.

I hate to say it, but the thing is growing on me.

One thing I don't like is the grill. Going through the on-line brochure, lo & behold, I realize Honda offers a grill styled more to my liking:

RIDGE06007_mid.jpg

NsXMas said:
Reminds me a bit of an Isuzu with the body details. I will be test driving one.

Didn't General Motors have a play in designing the truck?!

if not them, a domestic company did.

It needs 24" wheels/tires or bigger. None out here yet so I'm still waiting. Like Randy, black looks good!

What's MSRP for the truck? How much are they asking for it in your areas?

FuryNSX said:
And in black, I kinda like it. :)

I think that would be unreal with 24' inch chrome wheels on it!

Veleno said:
What's MSRP for the truck? How much are they asking for it in your areas?

MSRP at $32+K without the dvd/nav plus the $6K dealer
mark up at Santa Monica Honda in California.

The Avalanche look is not a mock of GM but rather a structural design to add rigidness to the unibody. There is no mark up here and they range between 27k and about 35. Netviper, the truck had 22 miles on it so I felt guilty putting my foot in it. The power felt about the same as my 04 MDX. Might not be the best looking truck but what trucks are REALLY pretty. The function is GREAT and I promise the other companys will be scrambling to mock Honda's features. It is close to as big as the access cab Tundra and has about the same with as the Toyota. There is more room inside than the access cab Tundra. It is a fantastic driver and does not drive like any truck you ever driven. There is no after shake after you hit bumps. I am not sure that if will fit the need of anyone needing a hardcore work truck.

Being a truck enthusiast I would never consider a ridgeline, IMO it's only a poseur truck that people will only buy because it's a Honda.

Alittleboost said:
Didn't General Motors have a play in designing the truck?!

if not them, a domestic company did.

A domestic company did. Honda of America. I don't think they have this in Japan, do they?

Ahhh...the Honda Avalanche. :D

Does this vehicle have an engine and transmission strong enough to routinely tow another car (like an NSX or S2000)??

Stradale said:
Being a truck enthusiast I would never consider a ridgeline, IMO it's only a poseur truck that people will only buy because it's a Honda.

What defines a "poseur" truck and please define "enthusiast".

I have always owned trucks since I was old enough to have a driver's license.
I've hauled trees, dirt bikes, moved from place to place, gone off-roading, and wrecked my last one off-road. All of my trucks were imports.

I think that I can call myself an enthusiast and I would buy a ridgeline because its a truck that would suit my needs not to mention, built by Honda.

please enlightenment me about trucks and poseurs mr. enthusiast

Stradale said:

Have you driven a Ridgeline to call it "poser"?

Meeyatch1 said:
Ahhh...the Honda Avalanche. :D

Does this vehicle have an engine and transmission strong enough to routinely tow another car (like an NSX or S2000)??

5,000-lb. towing capacity and 1,550-lb. total payload. Depends on the weight of the trailer and extras. More here.

My needs are:1. Fit two dirtbikes or streetbikes into the bed. 2. Pull my car and a trailer. 3. Be used as my daily driver. 4. Do light duty (camping, exploring) 4 wheel drive mode.
I think the ridgeline fits the bill and does this with a truck that handles better than any truck I have ever driven. I will probably buy a used Tundra just because it fits my price needs more but the Honda is definately a consideration. Mr poser my not understand someone like me and my needs. I don't want a 2500 series HD to drive everyday. They drive like a tank, drink gas like a tank, and are basically overkill in everything I would use them for except on the road where the ridgeline will spank its butt.

Back