• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1/18 scale Diecast NSX @ Walmart-Cheap!

Hello,
If you have a 91-94 NSX and want the 1/18 Diecast version of it Walmart has it for $14.95. It is the ACURA version with left hand stearing made by Revell. The one I saw was black/black w/5speed. They showed the red version with the black roof on the box so I guess that's out too. Not as good as the Kyosho but not as expensive.

Originally posted by BostonNSX:
where is walmart?

Sucks to live in Boston.
rolleyes.gif

Go to http://www.walmart.com and enter your ZIP code to find stores near you. According to the site, there are 5 Wal Marts right outside Boston... 3 north and 2 south. You may even be able to order the model on the website... I didn't check.

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 02 December 2002).]

I searched it... it turns out the closes one is 9mi away.. I'm getting lazy these days since its cold.. I will try to see if I can order it online

searched NSX turns out only bike(SX) and aiwa stereo NSX showed up

[This message has been edited by BostonNSX (edited 02 December 2002).]

Originally posted by Marvin Lee:
Hello,
If you have a 91-94 NSX and want the 1/18 Diecast version of it Walmart has it for $14.95. It is the ACURA version with left hand stearing made by Revell. The one I saw was black/black w/5speed. They showed the red version with the black roof on the box so I guess that's out too. Not as good as the Kyosho but not as expensive.

You know whats funny is that I was just about to make a similar post. I picked up two black ones and one red one for 9.95 each. I am going to try to paint one of the black ones yellow to match my own, and I figure that for 9.99, if I screw up, its no big deal.

Rick

I think they only have red and black...they are already popping up on ebay for those with walmart's too far away.

------------------
92 Red/Blk

Sigh...you're right. It looks just like one of the original release models which I picked up on eBay several months ago (and for a lot more $!
frown.gif
). If they can now be had for less than $10, I think I'll load up! Hmm, wouldn't my bookshelf look good lined up with nothing but NSXs...

I just bid on them on EBAY
pS ppl here dun over bid me!!!

Don't worry, I won't outbid you...until the last second...MUAHAHAHA!

Just kidding
biggrin.gif

Seriously, I checked Walmart again after work--and they had 1 red NSX (there were none to be found this morning). I also checked Super Walmart again before gym, and they still don't have any in stock. Either people are snapping them quick, or Walmart is slow in releasing them
frown.gif

Originally posted by RL in Florida:

I am going to try to paint one of the black ones yellow to match my own, and I figure that for 9.99, if I screw up, its no big deal.

Rick

Just a note.

If you do decide to paint these, use TAMIYA hobby spray paint. I was told that modelers prefer this because the way it lays down the paint. It's also one of the more expensive ones. But I figure at $5 a pop, it is more that worth it.

I actually used TAMIYA Bright Red on my Nikko R/C from Toys R Us and it looks TEN times better! It doesn't look plastic-ky anymore but more metallic. I bought 2 of those. Paid $10 for it and it MOVES!
biggrin.gif

Is it the Revell with a black top and red body with chrome wheels? The paint is ok on that model, but it could use a coat of wax to really make it shine. I waxed mine and it looked much better. The wax also keeps the dust from collecting on it.

I also have the white NSX Type-R model by Kyosho. They just add white wheels, flip open trunk, headlights, carpeting and suspension. Got a few years ago so I'm not sure if they make these anymore.

I'll have to post both of them up sometime.

I know Kyosho sells a Spa Yellow 97 NSX-T model but can't find one yet.

William
97 NSX-T
Spa Yellow

[This message has been edited by wctsao (edited 03 December 2002).]

AHH just got this Red off ebay.. my driver side door and trunk alignment are off!!! looks like an accident salvaged rebuilt car!!!

the rotors are without a caliper!!

I got a white NSX back in Taipei.. doesnt look like this as I remember...

I'm still looking forward to recieve my Revell Red and Black NSX off ebay.

hey! the Yellow 97 owner who posted on top... check out my old post regarding my tamiya 1/24 RC spa yellow project and 1/43 yellow targa at picture gallery discuss forum.!

red1.jpg

red2.jpg

[This message has been edited by BostonNSX (edited 03 December 2002).]

By the way.. anyone knows what car does the back to the future car is made out of? it seems to have mid engine as well according to the model.

By the way.. anyone knows what car does the back to the future car is made out of? it seems to have mid engine as well according to the model.

It is a DeLorean - http://www.delorean.org/tgraham/

[This message has been edited by wilsonp (edited 03 December 2002).]

Nice pics, BostonNSX! Are all those models yours? What's that spaceship on top of the cardboard box in the second pic?

Back