• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1/24 scale nsx models of your exact car

keppdaddy said:
Hello all, just thought I would throw this out to see if any of you great forum members would be interested.

I am a pro model car builder. As in 1/24 scale plastic models. I have won many compatitions and trophies for my work. I have traveled all over the usa displaying some of my projects. I normally build custom models for car show cars keeping the finest detail. Just thought I would let some of you all know incase you would like a model of your own car.

I will post pics tomorrow of some of my work. I can make a model car look exactly like your car.

Please check back for more pics. I will post some in the morning.

Price depends on model, and detail. As in, if you turned your nsx into a type r then it will be more off top because the model alone is sometimes up to 40.00 by itself. If you have a stock nsx and just want a pro model to match your pride and joy then the price is cheaper. All depends on how much detail we add. I strive to find exact wheels, and if I have to I can make some body mods, lips, interier items ect.

Thanks for checking this out and check back tomorrow for some pics.

Very interesting - some of the NIB EBBRO 1/24 diecast models go for close to 100 dollars these days. In fact, I paid more for the silver 02 and red 02 type-s than I did for the type-r. The plastic models (Tamiya I think) are significantly cheaper. What are you using as a base?

Looking forward to pix! :)

-Josh

Well, the ones I use are plastic. I like the plastic better because you can do more with them. Shave stuff, mold in ect.

You can do that stuff with diecast but its much harder and takes more time.

I have had a few of my models mistaken for die cast, ahhah

I do also redo diecast but mostly plastic.

I am going down stairs to take pics of my models now.

I will post some in a bit.

Here are just a few of some of my stuff. Very sorry, my camera is a piece of junk. The pics came out ok, but you cant see alot of the great detail I wanted you all to see.

Now on the red nsx, that was for a good friend of mine. I made it for him as a xmas present. I did everything exactly like his is, from the cf dash, to the sub under the glove box, to the tv, and ps2, full motor detail. The only thing I couldnt do on his was match his wheels, he had bought the car with these 18/17 tsw's on it and I searched for months and couldnt find a set of wheels that even looked close to his. Not even a little. So I put the stock on it. Other then that, spitting image.

Now on the silver car. Thats the one that won me some trophies at Many Many shows.

To start off its a 99 civic coupe. I choped the top, and molded in everything. The back end, shaved everything, taillights, moldings, molded bumpers ect.
It had 6 tv's, and a ps2 in it. Amps speakers, not to mention I cut out the doors and made them suicide. They were all one piece like when you buy a model at the store. I had to cut each door out, mold all the door jams, and make hinges to open the doors. I 2 toned the leather and put flocking in the bottom so it looks like real carpet. Then I hand made floor mats to match. I also scratch built a full duel pipes. Lots of work went into it. To top it off I made a 100% real carbon fiber hood and hinged it to the side.

Same with the chameleon integra next to the skyline. Chop top, shaved taillights, and molded in everything. That and the skyline both have chrome illusion color changing paint which changes about 6-8 colors depending on light. Very nice. The esculade had almose 12 tv's in it, xbox, ps2, navi, subs, amps, and 24's

Just a few to show you all, here are a few more of some older stuff I have done for myself, and customers.

Interesting stuff. However, you're going to need to get a better camera for more detailed pics if you're going to be serious about selling your services. (JMHO)

-Randy

Honda F1 Racing said:
No offense, but I know a guy who does much better work than that! He also replicates actual customer cars and the results are nothing short of spectacular! Of course, I can't build a model worth anything, so your skills are still way above my own, haha.

Well, seeing as my camera sucks its a little unfair to say that your friend does MUCH BETTER work. I also replicate custom cars, thus the reason why I even posted this thread, to make cars for some of the great members. I am sure you friend does nice work as well. Just unfair for me to have you say he does better work then mine from a few pics. Which I relize my camera is not the best. I will see if I can use a friends camera in the next day or so to get some clear more detailed photos.

I'm not particularly skilled in building models, but there's some of my work in this thread:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18709&highlight=neo's+models

attachment.php

It's pretty much a replica of my car...right down to the mis-matched JDM emblems mixed with North American turn signals.

keppdaddy said:
Well, seeing as my camera sucks its a little unfair to say that your friend does MUCH BETTER work. I also replicate custom cars, thus the reason why I even posted this thread, to make cars for some of the great members. I am sure you friend does nice work as well. Just unfair for me to have you say he does better work then mine from a few pics. Which I relize my camera is not the best. I will see if I can use a friends camera in the next day or so to get some clear more detailed photos.
I am sorry. It is not the camera, at least not with the NSX you built. I have to say the NSX looks quite rudimentary. Most of the details were left out. The wheels are in the wrong finish. I was expecting some really nicely done stuff but this is clearly not professional stuff. You might want to check out these pictures.
http://www.italianhorses.net/Gallery/Tamiya/TamNSX/zanardinsx.htm
Steve

Ok, no big deal. If I get a better camera I do, if not no biggy. I thought it would be nice to make a replica for a few members. Sure anyone can make a model. Its the paint quality, detail, and all the extras that really make a nice model. Consider this sharing a few pics then. Im not here to battle over whos work is better or not. I didnt win many contests and trophies at many model shows with just ok work. I have many one of a kind pieces. Hope you all enjoy the pics, for those of you who want to knock my work because of quality of a picture, well you have your opinion.

Last edited:
keppdaddy said:

Here's a Civic that my friend built for a customer:

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

Here's another Civic he did for a friend on Mugen M7's (looks exactly like the real car!):

22.jpg

He has done many more that are truly amazing replicas of actual customer cars. Again, I didn't mean any offense to your building skills, but even if your digital camera wasn't able to capture the quality of your work, the overall presentation just doesn't seem as good as others that I've seen.

Last edited:
whiteNSXs said:
I am sorry. It is not the camera, at least not with the NSX you built. I have to say the NSX looks quite rudimentary. Most of the details were left out. The wheels are in the wrong finish. I was expecting some really nicely done stuff but this is clearly not professional stuff. You might want to check out these pictures.
http://www.italianhorses.net/Gallery/Tamiya/TamNSX/zanardinsx.htm
Steve

I'm not a great modeller by any means and I am not claiming to have superior modelling skills at all but the Zanardi was still lacking in a few nit-pick details. The finish on it is spectacular, fantastic polish job, nice effort on the custom emblem, brake lines, seat belts, floor mats and other details...however, there are a few short-comings.

He left the pre '94 chin spoiler, failed to paint the rear hatch intake thing (sorry, don't know the official name) black, as well as the rear valence. The shift nob that Tamiya supplies for the regular NSX has got to go (use Tamiya's NSX-R nob if possible). I would have butchered an NSX-R model do build a Zanardi....but then why stop at a Zanardi and just build a type-S Zero? The wheels look good, but not a perfect match. Fujimi supplies BBS wheels with one of their RX-7 models that are a better match (just have to file/sand off the rivets) because the spot where the center cap sits is raised, just like the real Zanardi/type-S wheels. Does the Zanardi come with metal pedals? Looks like he neglected to file down some seam likes in parts of the engine and exhaust. It's a clean assembly and he semed to follow the instructions as far as paint is concerned, but more or less box stock. If he was building a Zanardi, the car should be post '97 and therefor it should have red valve covers. Is the Zanardi engine bay black like the NSX-R/type-S or is it supposed to be body color like regular NSXs? The mesh is great for the side intakes and to cover the AC condensers (Does the Zanardi have AC? I thought not) but it's not supposed to run across the center intake that covers the rad.

Anyways, that's some pretty harsh nit-picking. Sorry about that....can't even count how many flaws are in my own models. I guess it just shows that everyone...well, almost everyone has flaws. There is that one guy out there that built a 1/12 scale F1 Honda that IS virtually perfect. He spent over a year doing it and it shows.

You guys want to see some impressive car modelling skills, take a look here:

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~xr2h-fkd/scalemodels/

Unfortunately, he doesn't update his website very often.

Last edited:
Go for the throat F1!!!

There was a silly guy named Ernie Anderson who called himself Ghoulardi and was on every Friday night with some dumb B movie. He decided to have a modeling contest and kids from all around Cleveland, Ohio sent him models of various cars. Then he proceded to blow them up with firecrackers (think it was M80's) on live television! He would first say who is was from, then the camera would show the model and his hand would come in with a firecracker, then light it and BAM! History!

Wow - talk about reaction! The parents came unglued! (pun intended)

Ernie Anderson later became the network announcer for ABC and made gazillions. He was the one who announced The Love Boat - if you saw that now you know his voice. Guess blowing up models paved his way to Hollywood!

Zap

How can I get one of these made for my car?

Back